What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX55 New firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51598

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FiloFx

New Around Here
New Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51598 but not on the main firmware page so I have no clue what has been updated. So far working fine.

Regards
Fx

Listed release noted, available within the router UI:

Code:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51598
- Release Note -

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
 - Resolved the issue with login and password changes.
 - Resolved the IPSec VPN connection issues.
 - Resolved the Instant Guard connection issues.
 - Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn't record data.
 - Fixed the time display issue for the preferred upgrade time in the Auto Firmware Upgrade function.
 - Fine-tuned the description for port status.
 - Enabled DynDNS and No-IP DDNS to use IPv6.
 - Fixed AiMesh preferred AP identification in site survey results.
 - Updated timezone list for Greenland, Mexico, and Iran.
 - Allowed WireGuard Server clients to access the Samba server.
 - Fixed memory leak issue.

Security updates:
 - Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
 - Enhanced protection for credentials.
 - Enhanced protection for OTA firmware updates.
 - Fixed DoS vulnerabilities in firewall configuration pages.
  Thanks to Jinghe Gao's contribution.
 - Fixed DoS vulerabilities in httpd.
  Thanks to Howard McGreehan.
 - Fixed information disclosure vulnerability.
  Thanks to Junxu (Hillstone Network Security Research Institute) contribution.
 - Fixed CVE-2023-28702 and CVE-2023-28703.
  Thanks to Xingyu Xu(@tmotfl) contribution.
 - Fixed null pointer dereference vulnerabilities.
  Thanks to Chengfeng Ye, Prism Research Group - cse hkust contribution.

I'm getting bizarre disconnections from the internet. Which is odd, because I can still remote into the router just fine. Even when remote into the router, it says it can't do things like run a speed test because it does not have internet.

Anyone else dealing with internet disconnections on this firmware? I think I'm going to revert back a couple versions and see what happens.

I'm getting bizarre disconnections from the internet. Which is odd, because I can still remote into the router just fine. Even when remote into the router, it says it can't do things like run a speed test because it does not have internet.

Anyone else dealing with internet disconnections on this firmware? I think I'm going to revert back a couple versions and see what happens.
I had this exact issue when I enabled IPv6 on my router with this new firmware.

I had disabled IPv6 while under the previous firmware when troubleshooting the memory leak issue (RT-AX55 Running Out of Memory), and had never re-enabled it. Thought maybe now that the memory leak was fixed, I could turn it back on but I had similar symptoms to what you described, would find the router would lock up, stop routing, and would sometimes even stop responding to pings.

Disabling IPv6 and rebooting the router resolved the internet connection issues. I had some difficulty rebooting the routing through the UI, so I ended up switching power off and back on at the router itself.

Hi! I'm getting the same kind of problem... I don't know if it is since the update but all my devices are getting deauth/reauth every like 5min...
I also get this between the deauth/reauth :
Code:
kernel: ^[[0;34m[NTC bpm] bpm_alloc_mult_buf_ex: Failed to allocate 128 buffers; buf_fail_cnt = 0^[[0m

Anyone has an idea ? I just reset the entire network configuration to start new...
Thank!

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 6.31.39 PM.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!