What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK, after several random reboots and some unexplained issues with WIFI, after a couple of weeks of good operation, I've broken down and gone back a version.

When you are going to start listening? :)

As you know, my AX86U is not part of my network and I can stress test it a lot. The reason - I don't care what the result is going to be. For Wi-Fi compatibility, range and stability I use a bunch of specific devices in specific places and compare. I switch channels and channel bandwidth and observe how fast devices re-connect, at what link rates and what the actual throughput is in real dynamic Wi-Fi environment. Rinse and repeat few times for more consistent results. Very simple methodology, real life use simulation. Best Wi-Fi - Asuswrt 46061 or 49599. Best overall Asuswrt-Merlin - 386.5_2.

As you know, my AX86U is not part of my network and I can stress test it a lot. The reason - I don't care what the result is going to be. For Wi-Fi compatibility, range and stability I use a bunch of specific devices in specific places and compare. I switch channels and channel bandwidth and observe how fast devices re-connect, at what link rates and what the actual throughput is in real dynamic Wi-Fi environment. Rinse and repeat few times for more consistent results. Very simple methodology, real life use simulation. Best Wi-Fi - Asuswrt 46061 or 49599. Best overall Asuswrt-Merlin - 386.5_2.
Likely never. Just like you I need to try new things. Sometimes we get lucky and it is always a learning experience. No?

Sometimes we get lucky and it is always a learning experience. No?

If you insist on learning from own experience and mistakes only - sure. I suspected something off a week after the release. One week later just quit wasting my time with this release. There is more than GUI bugs. Really disappointing - users as beta testers all over again.

Hi all,

i have bought a RT-AX86U router recently. It was updated Directly after setting up with the latest firmware: Version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

so its brand new, vanilla setup.

it works well, the only thing I noticed is, that the „devices„ tab in the router menu/app is not updating. What does that Mean?:

there is the home tab and the devices tab. Under the home tab i see the live network traffic and this works flawlessly. But the devices tab does not update with new devices added to the network nor their net work traffic.

• so I still see the 23 devices which has been added from the beginning of the setup in the the devices tab (Since then no changes are displayed there)
  • New devices aren’t showing up in the devices tab. (Though their network traffic shows in the home tabs real time traffic monitor)
  • devices from the beginning (on of my laptops) are in the offline section of the devices tab, even though they are online and producing high amount of traffic, which should make it easy to identify them (also through their up address)
  • traffic from the initial 23 devices are still shown under the device tab. But not new ones.
i reset one time the router. The issue starts after some time again. So resetting again is not an option.

Tl;dr: home tab is updating. Device tab is frozen in time

Attachments

• 0F7EA337-0190-4597-B2A1-9EDDD460BDDD.jpeg
    0F7EA337-0190-4597-B2A1-9EDDD460BDDD.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 62
Hi all,

i have bought a RT-AX86U router recently. It was updated Directly after setting up with the latest firmware: Version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

so its brand new, vanilla setup.

it works well, the only thing I noticed is, that the „devices„ tab in the router menu/app is not updating. What does that Mean?:

there is the home tab and the devices tab. Under the home tab i see the live network traffic and this works flawlessly. But the devices tab does not update with new devices added to the network nor their net work traffic.

• so I still see the 23 devices which has been added from the beginning of the setup in the the devices tab (Since then no changes are displayed there)
  • New devices aren’t showing up in the devices tab. (Though their network traffic shows in the home tabs real time traffic monitor)
  • devices from the beginning (on of my laptops) are in the offline section of the devices tab, even though they are online and producing high amount of traffic, which should make it easy to identify them (also through their up address)
  • traffic from the initial 23 devices are still shown under the device tab. But not new ones.
i reset one time the router. The issue starts after some time again. So resetting again is not an option.

Tl;dr: home tab is updating. Device tab is frozen in time
Please ask the question in one area only: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...device-menu-tab-of-the-router-menu-app.81836/

OK, after several random reboots and some unexplained issues with WIFI, after a couple of weeks of good operation, I've broken down and gone back a version.
I've also tested the Merlin 388 betas and have been unhappy with them.
Am keeping the RT-AC66U_b1 on standby if this one goes south...
I have the exact same issues with WiFi. After a couple of weeks running smooth as silk with over a week's uptime, things start to happen with WiFi disconnects, randomly, spread over the day, several times a day. Even tried Merlin's beta 3 with the same result.
Which version did you revert back to?

I have the exact same issues with WiFi. After a couple of weeks running smooth as silk with over a week's uptime, things start to happen with WiFi disconnects, randomly, spread over the day, several times a day. Even tried Merlin's beta 3 with the same result.
Which version did you revert back to?
I went back to 388.20566 to see if what happened was a fluke. Am saving the log to my NAS in case it catches something that Asus could use to make the firmware better. However, with several other routers getting new firmware this week I expect the AX86U will have some fixes soon.

Are 3.0.0.4.386.49599 the same as Merlin's 386.5_2? That's so far the most stable version I have had installed. 388 was not ready for public release!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!