What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Version 3.0.0.4.388.20566
2022/09/30 67.97 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

Try more on ASUSWRT 2022 with new features at https://asus.click/ASUSWRT2022

1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.
8. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
9. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
10. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
11. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: a802f8a2cffd3915a3775aed3326a05e

RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) (asus.com)

OE

Thanks for that, about 12 hours after I set up my just-purchased 86U. Drat, here we go again!

Painless upgrade from the beta...

Fantastic, been waiting for this release I’ll update when I get home and do a full reset/setup.

Updated smoothly

Fantastic, been waiting for this release I’ll update when I get home and do a full reset/setup.
There is no reason to do a reset with this upgrade. Save some time and do something fun besides reset the router.

So far no real issues. No feature changes from the beta.

Only annoying thing is the router gives a warning if the Ethernet connection is not 1 GB. I have a 100 MB PoE switch my cams run off of and when a Windows PC is in sleep the LAN port drops to 100 MB. The router gives a warning to both of these. Asus has been told about this but I guess they think there are no more 100 MB devices in use....

There is no reason to do a reset with this upgrade. Save some time and do something fun besides reset the router.
I ended up resetting the router as I had some places that had non values.
One of them was on the admin page under service.
Idle Timeout was set like you see in the attached and at first gave an error when trying to correct it.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 080002.jpg

Good, good. Something to do for me in a week time as well, when I reunite with my lonely AX86U. :)

dirty upgrade over the top of previous stock firmware.

everything seems fine for me

Painless upgrade from the beta...
I take it you didn't do a Factory Default / Restore Button after you uploaded 20566 (from 20477), correct?

Dirty upgrade just now. Went fine. I did notice that it seemed to turn on firmware auto-update which I had turned off. Turned it back off for now. There's also a checkbox if you want it to check for beta firmware which I believe is new.

I ended up resetting the router as I had some places that had non values.
One of them was on the admin page under service.
Idle Timeout was set like you see in the attached and at first gave an error when trying to correct it.

View attachment 44503

What version did you come from?

I take it you didn't do a Factory Default / Restore Button after you uploaded 20566 (from 20477), correct?
That is correct. In fact yesterday I tried Merlin again. After a couple of hours I went back to 386.49599, reset with initialize and rebuild, then upgraded to the beta. Today upgraded to 388.20566.

Sync with dropbox still doesn't work (it didn't work in previous versions as well).
Someone is using this feature and may check for themselves that a dropbox may be the cause.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!