What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just updated and setup a WireGuard server to try it out. where can I see the clients connected to it?

just updated and setup a WireGuard server to try it out. where can I see the clients connected to it?
Hover the pointer over the key icon next to your configured client names.

Note however that it won't report if a client disconnects. This is normal behaviour for Wireguard.

I ended up resetting the router as I had some places that had non values.
One of them was on the admin page under service.
Idle Timeout was set like you see in the attached and at first gave an error when trying to correct it.

View attachment 44503
After update, my Idle Timeout was pre-set at 10 minutes.

Can anyone please point me at the 'new device connect notification'? Maybe I can now get rid of my Fing box?

One minor bug: my Mac Mini is not showing in the Client Status and was not reported as a new client connection in the Android router app. Mac Mini does show in the DHCP Lease page.

Also noted that in the Firewall page, wording on the beta that said "Enable IPV4 Firewall" now reads "Enable IPV4 Inbound Firewall Rules"

Any change to 160 MHz behavior, or same bug as the beta?
As before, the bug is your configuration. The router and firmware are OK.
Look to your clients for the problem. Are the client drivers up to date? Intel has had some recent AC and AX driver upgrades.

Updated fine

Only thing I noticed was the name of devices seemed weird in the device list. Some had kept their names, some hadn't.

Update worked for me coming from the beta before.

Any advantages on upgrading to Asuswrt2022? My router is rock solid with 3.0.0.4.386_49599 fw.

As before, the bug is your configuration. The router and firmware are OK.
Look to your clients for the problem. Are the client drivers up to date? Intel has had some recent AC and AX driver upgrades.
And as before…I’m not the only one experiencing it, and back reving firmware fixes the problem.

Glad you’re not having the issue, but please stop gaslighting me. There is a problem that can be reproduced at will, and is not confined to my router.

Anyone else have actual feedback???

This is done on your mobile using an Asus app.
Ah, thanks for that. I seem to recall that I dropped the app some years ago, over concerns relating to WAN access and DDNS - I may have to revisit that decision.

And as before…I’m not the only one experiencing it, and back reving firmware fixes the problem.

Glad you’re not having the issue, but please stop gaslighting me. There is a problem that can be reproduced at will, and is not confined to my router.

Anyone else have actual feedback???
I was going to say something crass but that would not help.
Maybe you should discuss it with Asus and ask for a different router. Very possible your router has some hardware issues. My router was made in Vietnam in 2020. Another year another manufacturing center could have some inherent issues.
Really, if you are having issues open another thread, in the AX router section, and discuss it there.
And your reproducible problem just may be normal operation for this router.

Ah, thanks for that. I seem to recall that I dropped the app some years ago, over concerns relating to WAN access and DDNS - I may have to revisit that decision.
you should be able to skip/not enable WAN access (and a couple others I can't remember right now) when the app prompts for those, I was able to do so (Android) and use the app while connected to my LAN

Dirty upgrade from beta yesterday.

Issues with my Wyze Cam v2 are better (vs Beta 20477) with same DoT settings/servers used in Beta.. I can view the cams now but cloud recording seems broke on those. Same when using the DoT servers OE is using/suggested.

Wyze wired Doorbell, Wyze Cam Outdoor and Wyze bulbs still don't connect with DoT enabled.

These are Wyze device issues, others are experiencing
DNS over TLS support - Wishlist - Wyze Forum (wyzecam.com)

Right now, I'll disable DoT.

As reported by others, it appears just having WireGuard enabled is limiting any one client to ~400Mbps. I want to test with my latest Laptop, a MSI GE76 Raider 11UE with a Killer E3100G 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW). My GE76 has been in storage for months.

I do like the performance with WireGuard clients into my LAN

Last edited:
you should be able to skip/not enable WAN access (and a couple others I can't remember right now) when the app prompts for those, I was able to do so (Android) and use the app while connected to my LAN
Excellent, found it thanks. However, it seems that the app has no facility for some form of PIN code - heaven help me if a grandchild was using the phone and opened the app!

Dirty upgrade from beta yesterday.

Issues with my Wyze Cam v2 are better (vs Beta 20477) with same DoT settings/servers used in Beta.. I can view the cams now but cloud recording seems broke on those. Same when using the DoT servers OE is using/suggested.

Wyze wired Doorbell, Wyze Cam Outdoor and Wyze bulbs still don't connect with DoT enabled.

These are Wyze device issues, others are experiencing
DNS over TLS support - Wishlist - Wyze Forum (wyzecam.com)

Right now, I'll disable DoT.

As reported by others, it appears just having WireGuard enabled is limiting any one client to ~400Mbps. I want to test with my latest Laptop, a MSI GE76 Raider 11UE with a Killer E3100G 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW). My GE76 has been in storage for months.

I do like the performance with WireGuard clients into my LAN
Well, it is good that you keep on trying. It does not make sense that DoT would interfere with the cam setup. But others and you have the issue.
Do you have your Wyze devices on a separate 2.4 GHz network (Guest 2 with intranet access enabled with WPA2)? If not you should try it.
Do you know if the Wyze devices have a hard coded DNS server? If not static IP addresses may be in order with the device DNS set to the router IP address.

Well, it is good that you keep on trying. It does not make sense that DoT would interfere with the cam setup. But others and you have the issue.
Do you have your Wyze devices on a separate 2.4 GHz network (Guest 2 with intranet access enabled with WPA2)? If not you should try it.
Do you know if the Wyze devices have a hard coded DNS server? If not static IP addresses may be in order with the device DNS set to the router IP address.

Guest network, WPA2, intranet access disabled.

PFFT posted (in a few posts) info about this here:

some of what he posted
And here’s a packet that is not cached, that is a new response via DNS over TLS from 1.1.1.1 you can see the packet is much bigger (447 vs 184) because instead of summarizing all 4 IP’s for the discovered CNAME record, it lists the CNAME 4 times with the IP after each occurrence. The camera doesn’t process this properly even though it is a proper DNS response that is processed just fine from other devices.

Wyze has a serious bug in reading responses from such routers as they tend to contain some extra data, which is still within the DNS RFC and valid. With many devices on my network, Wyze is the only device that has a problem with it.

click that link to that thread on Wyze's forum above for more

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!