What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Whoops, looks like i clicked on the wrong page.
while you're here, do you really trust Apple when it comes to wifi 6e? they always like to do their own thing it seems like. I've used Apple products for years and they always seemed like they had their own way of doing things compared to everyone else. In some ways it was good, others not so much.

while you're here, do you really trust Apple when it comes to wifi 6e? they always like to do their own thing it seems like. I've used Apple products for years and they always seemed like they had their own way of doing things compared to everyone else. In some ways it was good, others not so much.
That's the apple way - for better or for worse.
I'm using wifiinfoview with an ax210 to scan so that's where the info is coming from - I haven't explored tools for mac just yet but would love suggestions for some preferably open source wi-fi tools.

This is the first macbook I've ever owned or used and I'm already sold on the trackpad.
Since I'm in the IT sector I'll always have a pc lying around as well..

That's the apple way - for better or for worse.
I'm using wifiinfoview with an ax210 to scan so that's where the info is coming from - I haven't explored tools for mac just yet but would love suggestions for some preferably open source wi-fi tools.

This is the first macbook I've ever owned or used and I'm already sold on the trackpad.
Since I'm in the IT sector I'll always have a pc lying around as well..
Not to go too far off topic, I just wanted to mention. I love Apple products. I've used their computers since the 80's, owned since the 90's. and they do great stuff in fact, AirPort was the first main product that helped build and make Wireless into what it is today. I just never expected Apple to do something like you mentioned. WPS is a security hole, and most people disable it.So why require it. I hope you can find your answer on the right thread. I am also exploring linux and open source as an alternative to Apple, After Steve died, I haven't been happy with the company's direction in the last several years on certain areas. Anyway like I said don't want to turn the thread away too far, Just wanted to close our conversation. Have a great day :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!