What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey all, I just found out that the Router didn't automatically adjust the timezone. I'm in central time now, and it was still set to Eastern time. Do I need to change any of the DST settings after changing the time zone? I was thinking this would just set itself automatically as most things do.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks

EDIT: After reading the Asus help articles, seems like as long as there is an internet connection to the router, it will set the data automatically. Also seems like because I have a computer connected, the router was detecting it was set to the wrong timezone. Either way, seems fixed now. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any settings. I'm surprised I missed this.

Last edited:
Do I need to change any of the DST settings after changing the time zone?

Check the actual DST day/time because the presets may be incorrect. They are incorrect for my time zone.

Hey all, I just found out that the Router didn't automatically adjust the timezone. I'm in central time now, and it was still set to Eastern time. Do I need to change any of the DST settings after changing the time zone? I was thinking this would just set itself automatically as most things do.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks

EDIT: After reading the Asus help articles, seems like as long as there is an internet connection to the router, it will set the data automatically. Also seems like because I have a computer connected, the router was detecting it was set to the wrong timezone. Either way, seems fixed now. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any settings. I'm surprised I missed this.
Duh...
Administration/System/Time Zone - manual setting - usually sets it correctly on router setup.

Check the actual DST day/time because the presets may be incorrect. They are incorrect for my time zone.
The guy moved time zones and did not reset the router. So it was showing Eastern Time and not central time.
DST has nothing to do with it as we are on Standard Time now. True, the dates DST changes can be wrong but that is not the case here.

I'm surprised you missed that....

The guy moved time zones and did not reset the router. So it was showing Eastern Time and not central time.
DST has nothing to do with it as we are on Standard Time now. True, the dates DST changes can be wrong but that is not the case here.

I'm surprised you missed that....
Well, and a reset just to change the timezone would have been overkill since I've been running this router on a clean setup with the exception of turning off WiFi 6 for 2.4ghz and UPNP. Beyond that I'm using defaults. I just didn't realize the router wouldn't get the time info automatically and change by itself. I found out while I was browsing the mobile app settings. Anyway, everything seems fine. Will check DST settings closer to the time change.

He doesn't have to reset the router.

DST settings for some time zones are incorrect. Asus missed to fix for years.
Yep been wrong for aest for aslong as I can remember. I have to set my timezone to Hobart which technically is the same time zone

Perhaps they pull the information from a wrong source. I'm in GMT(-05:00) Eastern Time in Canada and DST is wrong.

Well, and a reset just to change the timezone would have been overkill since I've been running this router on a clean setup with the exception of turning off WiFi 6 for 2.4ghz and UPNP. Beyond that I'm using defaults. I just didn't realize the router wouldn't get the time info automatically and change by itself. I found out while I was browsing the mobile app settings. Anyway, everything seems fine. Will check DST settings closer to the time change.
No, you do not have to reset the router to change the time zone. And that is not what I meant.
You can change the time zone manually.
The time zone gets set with a reset and reconfigure.
And yes, I admitted the DST settings are not always correct.
Tech9 just likes to try to blow my comments apart. What a jerk he is!

Thanks all for the help. I checked on DST settings for Central Time and Asus has them correct. So, nothing more to do at this time. One other question, after changing timezone info, and, or adding DHCP reservations for static IPS, is there any need to reboot the router? Seems like everything is just working Was mainly asking if doing a full reboot would do anything in this case. Thanks

I wanted to add there is a new firmware out, but no thread here for it yet. I updated and so far no problems Things were quick to reconnect after the reboot. The only thing that needed a power cycle was the TV, but that's typical for my TV. If it's on, it will reconnect on it's own, if it's off, usually not. Besides that, everything else seems to be as expected.

Last edited:
Yeah, just updated to the new firmware myself. Upload speed is quite a bit faster over WiFi. Not sure if that’s something they are working on, but I thought I read the firmware didn’t play nice with Fios upload speeds…

I wanted to add there is a new firmware out, but no thread here for it yet. I updated and so far no problems Things were quick to reconnect after the reboot. The only thing that needed a power cycle was the TV, but that's typical for my TV. If it's on, it will reconnect on it's own, if it's off, usually not. Besides that, everything else seems to be as expected.

What new firmware are you talking about?

There's a bug in this version where setting WPS to on for 2.4GHz also turns it on for 5GHz-1. Normally I have this off but the latest apple 6E devices won't detect 6GHz unless WPS is on.
What's odd is why does having WPS on for 2.4 and 5-1 affect whether 6 is detected? The ssids aren't even the same!
Unless WPS for 6GHz is also turned on but my wifi scanner can't pickup the flag.
Sorry but this thread is for the AX86U which does not have 6 GHZ nor two 5 GHz radios.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!