What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then give the test firmware a try.

No. Better look at the weather forecast. Everything on 22068 is just fine. Use Smart Connect. :)

Just upload this to router for update to yours, correct?
I'm not sure I understand your question, sorry. The test image I uploaded isn't for Asuswrt-Merlin, it's the stock Asuswrt firmware.

I'm not sure I understand your question, sorry. The test image I uploaded isn't for Asuswrt-Merlin, it's the stock Asuswrt firmware.
I apologize if I'm missing something. The file above is test firmware to download and try on the AX86U, correct? I hadn't checked this for awhile and not sure where explanation of it prior to just above.

Last edited:
Same here.

Do you remember which asuswrt firmware version gave you 800-900Mbps throughtput?

Anybody knows if Merlin 388.1 is doing better with wifi throughtput than the latests asuswrt fw?
The last firmware I remember that gave me crazy amazing wifi speeds was the January 2022 firmware. I was connecting at 2404 or something transmit rates and all on 2.5 gig connection, testing anywhere from 770-915 under 160hz locked in, now at 80hz because it won't hold 160 at all, testing is 550-700 windows now.

This 22068 is the most buggy 388 release so far. I really hope @RMerlin has something better to build next Asuswrt-Merlin on.

This 22068 is the most buggy 388 release so far. I really hope @RMerlin has something better to build next Asuswrt-Merlin on.
Have you tried the test _22484 (not /sarc)?

Not yet. I may try it by the end of the week, but don't expect feedback from me. The reason why is here.

Last edited:
Not yet. I may try it by the end of the week, but don't expect feedback from me. The reason why is here.
Then why are you still here posting about this specifically?

Answered @AntonK question with and added an explanation. It doesn't matter what I find. You have enough people to collect feedback from.

Test firmware sees wifi stability better than any 388 firmware I've tested so far. I noticed that my link sticks to 2401 Mbps on phones more reliably now.

Still not having any real issues with the current release. I added DHCP reservations for my smart bulbs per suggestions form a Reddit thread and my random disconnects for random bulbs seems to have calmed down. If the firmware is really as bad people are complaining about here, then Asus should be issuing an update as soon as possible.

1 thing to add to this test firmware is that it too also has the bug which wifi clients disconnected still show in the client view list on the network page. This also caused my phone's to drop back to 1200mbps due to a slower ax client connecting. It's still on 1200 link until I reset the router.

1 thing to add to this test firmware is that it too also has the bug which wifi clients disconnected still show in the client view list on the network page. This also caused my phone's to drop back to 1200mbps due to a slower ax client connecting. It's still on 1200 link until I reset the router.
The client map has been wonky for some time and does nothing to WIFI performance. This test firmware works as intended for me. It is your clients and environment. Possibly your setup. Are you using the default WIFI settings?

Stock settings for everything bar Wan DNS. I literally have zero issues running anything prior to 388. And it does affect is as my wifi doesn't go back to 2400mbps after the other device disconnects...

Last edited:
Stock settings for everything bar Wan DNS. I literally have zero issues running anything prior to 388. And it does affect is as my wifi doesn't go back to 2400mbps after the other device disconnects...

Ignoring the network map, check the actual WiFi lease page to see if the “rogue device” is still there

Hello,

Seems to be so that with a pair of XT8, V1.0 HW and with 3.0.0.4.388_22068, the wireless backhaul channel, even if I disable 160MHz usage in 5HMz-2, the wireless log still shows 160MHz channel is in use. Either this is a bug in the log file or in the GUI. With earlier firmware versions, disabling 160MHz in GUI was also showing 80MHz at its' best in the log file

Stations List
----------------------------------------
Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
Yes Yes -61dBm ax No Yes Yes Yes 4 160M 1170M 1080.9M 28:46:40

Regards
K

Last edited:
Hello,

Seems to be so that with a pair of XT8, V1.0 HW and with 3.0.0.4.388_22068, the wireless backhaul channel, even if I disable 160MHz usage in 5HMz-2, the wireless log still shows 160MHz channel is in use. Either this is a bug in the log file or in the GUI. With earlier firmware versions, disabling 160MHz in GUI was also showing 80MHz at its' best in the log file

Stations List
----------------------------------------
Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
Yes Yes -61dBm ax No Yes Yes Yes 4 160M 1170M 1080.9M 28:46:40

Regards
K

The Tx rates seem more like 80MHz bw values for 4-stream ax (?).

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!