What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BellamyB

New Around Here
I’ve recently bought an ax86u to replace the woeful Vodafone router on my 900 Gigafast package. However I was receiving roughly 600mbps wireless download speed using the Vodafone router and having switched to the ASUS router I’m now only receiving 150mbps download on wireless..!

Any reason why this is the case or any recommendations for set up using Vodafone Gigafast?

The router is connected directly to the ONT box installed on the wall and I can provide screenshots of my set up if required.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I’ve recently bought an ax86u to replace the woeful Vodafone router on my 900 Gigafast package. However I was receiving roughly 600mbps wireless download speed using the Vodafone router and having switched to the ASUS router I’m now only receiving 150mbps download on wireless..!

Any reason why this is the case or any recommendations for set up using Vodafone Gigafast?

The router is connected directly to the ONT box installed on the wall and I can provide screenshots of my set up if required.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

are you running up to date stock or Merlin if you installed Merlin did you do a factory reset you might need to turn off the ont and router for half an hour to reset connection than try again test over enthernet not wifi

What is speed via hardwire connection. Most wireless devices will never reach 1gbps or are simply not capable

The Vodafone router is setup to use wifi6 straight out of the box. IIt could be your Asus router hasn't been setup to use all of the channel bandwidth. If you are able to perform a speedtest then Gigafast is already setup, you just have to tweak the wireless settings to ensure all the channels and features are enabled.

I know it sounds silly but have you actually unplugged your old Vodafone router, if not it could be a Wifi congestion problem.

Sorry I can't be much help but I'm not sure how the ax86U is configured out of the box. A quick Google of the specs says that your router is definitely capable of handling a lot more than 150mb/s over wifi.

In reply to all it turned out to be the qos settings were slowing everything down massively!

For the first two weeks I was hitting 940down and 600-700up. Which isn’t exactly symmetrical as advertised but still good. This is even over wifi using Speedtest on iPhone 12 Pro Max!!

However, for the last week, all wifi signal has been reduced to about 300-400mbps which is strange because I haven’t changed any settings at all. Doing a speed test on the actual router (with merlin software) it shows I’m still getting the super fast speed over 900 but obviously the wifi isn’t now for some reason.

Anybody got any idea why this might be happening..?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!