What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

B255ea006

Regular Contributor
Hi,

in the close past i did have repeatedly massive issues with my internet connection, regarding speed and overall connection to the internet not working.

After a while i did recognize a change of my IP, even or especially connected over my ASUS RT-AX88U VPN router VPN per WireGuard.

Luckily the changed IP was possible to monitore and notice (view attachment/ Screenshots).

At first the internet speed slowed down to almost 0 and then a while later it disconnected me from the internet. I was also unable to dissconet from this IP

Can you explain this Phänomen?

I tried restarting, changing the VPN connection, changing the VPN configuration and unplugging the router but nothing worked successfully. The problem solved itself all by itself after a while An if i say a while i am talking out the whole night or a whole day i had to live with it. Then like miracle after a while everything changed back to right as it was, as i configurated it. Curious and strange. I am scared because i think that someone hijacked/ hacked my VPN connection, and i became exposed to a stranger, possible a dangerous person with false intentions. Are my data behind my VPN still save or am i overturned and hacked successfully? Am i right? I do now feel insecure and watched.

I have asked my VPN provider for advise and explanation and the answer was that it looks to him like a VPN tunnel inside a VPN tunnel out of the inside of my VPN router but is that the correct and the most valid explanation and does he want me to feel secure and save or has someone successfully decoded with a massive computing power my WireGuard connection? Or do i have a security issue with the ASUS Rt-AX88U Firmware 388.1 and does not reponier and know it?

Please advise and feel free to post any helpful suggestion.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot (33-1).png
    Screenshot (33-1).png
    173 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot (32-1).png
    Screenshot (32-1).png
    149.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot (31-1).png
    Screenshot (31-1).png
    289.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot (30-1).png
    Screenshot (30-1).png
    80 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot (29-1).png
    Screenshot (29-1).png
    392.9 KB · Views: 109

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!