What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U wifi router VPN Client issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

testlink

New Around Here
Hi,
I have a ASUS RT-AX88U wifi router with firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7756

The current firmware version is 3.0.0.4.384.9107. When I try to upgrade from 3.0.0.4.384.7756 to any new firmware I have an issue with VPN client.

When I add an Open VPN client, in my router, the internet status shows disconnected on my router configuration page as well as a red light on the router. But I can still access external websites without any issue. Also when I do IP address check, DNS check it is correctly showing as per the VPN connection.

As soon as I deactivate the VPN client everything is back to normal. I tried different countries, but the same issue. I have downloaded the VPN configuration files for ASUS Routers (Including Merlin). Also copied the username and password on to the VPN configuration page in the router.

Please see the attached pic.
1585405552873_image.png
image.png

Is this a glitch with VPN or with ASUS firmware? When I contacted ASUS support they are telling that everything fine at their end. Thanks...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!