What's new

Asus RT-N66U & VPN Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

~Craig~

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I have been interested in using a VPN for a while now and finally I have a chance to see about it.

I currently am on a free trial with Cyberghost, I know they have a utility to configure it from your computer but I thought seen as I have the RT-N66U it might be better to use its VPN section so that each device / all traffic automatically goes through it.

It sounds good in theory but I cant for the life of me figure out how to set it up, I have seen a few guides (most seem outdated) but I never can get it going, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? Im running the latest Merlin 376.47 firmware.

Protocalls available are OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, or PPTP. The only thing if it makes a difference is on the router I need it set to automatically get an IP address as my ISP needs it set this way.

Thanks
Craig