What's new

Release Asus XT8 - 3.0.0.4.386.43181 - 2021/06/17

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has your router/mesh settled down on 43181? Or are you back to 42095? Thinking of trying 43181 now that my backhaul is wired to get the security updates and see if QoS have improved. Thanks!
I have only ever used wired backhaul and I had to revert back to 42095.

I reached out Asus via the feedback function to let them know that anything after 42095 is unstable in my set up including 43181, and when I revert to 42095 I gain stability back. Their response was below:

--------
Please upgrade to the newest https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ZenWiFi_XT8/FW_ZENWIFI_XT8_v300438643181.zip available on the official website, it contains fixes that resolve issue.
--------

So, they obviously paid no attention to what I wrote.

I have only ever used wired backhaul and I had to revert back to 42095.

I reached out Asus via the feedback function to let them know that anything after 42095 is unstable in my set up including 43181, and when I revert to 42095 I gain stability back. Their response was below:

--------
Please upgrade to the newest https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ZenWiFi_XT8/FW_ZENWIFI_XT8_v300438643181.zip available on the official website, it contains fixes that resolve issue.
--------

So, they obviously paid no attention to what I wrote.
That's unfortunate. Thanks for the reply. I'll stick with 42095 for now.

The 2nd node is unstable with .43181. It says weak connection. Do you recognise this problem?
With .43181 the backhaul drops to 2.4ghz wifi (=weak connection).
I thought it was OBVIOUS from this discussion that the only "reliable" firmware is .42095! It's proven that all the latters have backhaul-connection problems!

I really do not understand the obstinacy of many of you in wanting to use the latest firmware when it is now so obviuos that it has bugs...

Last edited:
With .43181 the backhaul drops to 2.4ghz wifi (=weak connection).
I thought it was OBVIOUS from this discussion that the only "reliable" firmware is .42095! It's proven that all the latters have backhaul-connection problems!

I really do not understand the obstinacy of many of you in wanting to use the latest firmware when it is now so obviuos that it has bugs...

Yes, the backhaul drops to 2.4 indeed! I did roll back to .42095 at the moment. Will see if it helps..

Anyone any idea why router.asus.com is not reachable?

Last edited:
I dont know why such things happen. I dont encounter any big problems with both Xt8 as node and using latest firmware..

DSC_07124.jpg

DSC_07125.jpg

I also had no big problems on 181 with wireless backhaul. I didn't notice some wireless instability after over 2 weeks of up time. A restart fixed it

Excuse me... on which page do you see this tab?... With my XT8 (as main router) I cannot find it...
I'm using AX86U merlin firmware as my main router.. So the wireless log page enhanced a bit in Merlin.

Back to 42095. WiFi speeds dropped on 5ghz even with daily reboots on 43181.

Will we ever get stable firmware? Looking unlikely!

If ALL those who have had problems on the backhaul with the new firmwares sent the report to Asus through the appropriate web-ui function, MAYBE they would find the solution ... but I'm afraid only I did this...

No. I'm sure that everyone that reports 'random' bugs feel the same, but Asus or any manufacturer can only assign resources as they can. If it feels like an eternity for users waiting for a working, newer version, imagine how the programmers feel after working on it for so long with little headway being made.

Asus just send me a beta firmware to test for the backhaul-drops.

Too bad that I have neither time nor desire to be a beta tester for asus (I'll stay with 42090 unitl a new firmware is TESTED as drop-bug free), so if any of you are interested, write it here that I put a link to the beta firmware ...

If ALL those who have had problems on the backhaul with the new firmwares sent the report to Asus through the appropriate web-ui function, MAYBE they would find the solution ... but I'm afraid only I did this...
Where do you report issues to ASUS? I just bought the XT8 a few weeks ago, installed the latest firmware, downgraded to 42095 and I'm still getting node drops with wired backhaul.

Asus just send me a beta firmware to test for the backhaul-drops.

Too bad that I have neither time nor desire to be a beta tester for asus (I'll stay with 42090 unitl a new firmware is TESTED as drop-bug free), so if any of you are interested, write it here that I put a link to the beta firmware ...
whats the build number on the beta firmware