What's new

Asus XT8 - Firmware upgrade results in WebGUI not responding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krisdorey

New Around Here
Hi

Im currently running FW ZENWIFI_XT8_3.0.0.4_386_25524 with no issues.

If I try to upgrade the firmware either via the web gui auto update or via a manual firmware file update then it completes, reboots and all seems to work (clients can still connect to Wifi/Internet). However both the WebGui and Asus Router App can no longer talk to the router, it just times out. If I hard reset and reconfigure the router from scratch then again it proceeds through the setup but on reboot after setup the Webgui will stop responding after 10-15 seconds.

I have tried firnwares ZENWIFI_XT8_3.0.0.4_386_25790 , RT-AX95Q_9.0.0.4_386_40947 and RT-AX95Q_9.0.0.4_386_40577 and they all exhibit this issue. If I downgrade back to 25524 then it sets up and works normally and Webgui / Router app connects fine.

Am I missing some step, Im upgrading both router and node. Do I need to hard reset the node and tell it it should act as a node? The issue persists even if I just configure the one router and leave the node turned off.

Any advice would be appreciated

you can try use reset button underneath and hold it for 30 seconds

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!