What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21617 (2022/11/21)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raven76

Regular Contributor
ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21617
This version of firmware is only applicable to ZenWIFI XT8 of V1 version hardware, please check the product label before utilizing. You can check the hardware version from the product SN label or box label.

1. Optimized memory usage and improved system stability.
2. Fixed 2.5G port compatibility issues.
3. Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue with the Time machine.
4. Added a new web GUI login URL http://www.asusrouter.com
5. Fixed IPTV compatibility issue with Movistar.
6. Fixed VPN fusion, AiMesh, and Network map GUI bugs.
7. Fixed WAN compatibility issue with Starlink router.
8. Fixed miniupnpc vulnerabilities, CVE-2015-603, CVE-2017-1000494
9. Fixed IPSec server vulnerability, CVE-2022-40617

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 82fb58213e09f954ce01cc0dc3ca4186

I was just about to post that my 2 XT8s updated to this firmware...
Screenshot 2022-11-21 20.39.10.png

Sup,
I was just having a check over my network, low and behold there I could see the Flashing/Blinking Yellow explanation mark icon in top right..
A Click and a press and all done.. My Mesh and Node updated to latest FW

Testing now.. ;)

Attachments

• ASUS_AIMesh_LatestFW.png
    ASUS_AIMesh_LatestFW.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 198
2. Fixed 2.5G port compatibility issues.
I wonder if this fixes the Verizon FIOS upload speed issue. Might take a while before I can get around to testing it but it would be nice to reclaim one of the ports on my router.

Updated this morning. So far, everything seems to work fine. Don’t see a difference in RAM usage. Still at 85%. But I guess that’s normal.

Updated all 4 xt8's via the app, no issues so far after 12 hours uptime.

Anyone having issue of WIFI download speed capped at around 200Mbps after using firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388.21617? previously I am able to get around 400Mbps for the download speed using speed test.

Anyone having issue of WIFI download speed capped at around 200Mbps after using firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388.21617? previously I am able to get around 400Mbps for the download speed using speed test.

I had some weird speed slowdown issues on WAN after a dirty upgrade. Rebooted all network hardware and it appears to have resolved itself. System is "behaving" as of right now. 2 XT8s with wireless backhaul.

Has anyone else noticed that the device icon in the web view now also looks different and can no longer be changed in color?
I just did a dirty upgrade from the last beta firmware but no reset yet. Everything else looks good.

device_icon.jpg

Last edited:
Potentially a coincidence, but since this upgrade I've noticed my WiFi network has been dropping out regularly across multiple different devices. Anyone has similar issues?

Annoyingly I've also introduced a new devices to the network which could be the cause but I can't think why it would be. Its a Netatmo Weather Station.

My setup has worked without issues for many months if not a year plus. But incase it helps this is what my setup looks like:
1645804600947-png.39802

So I'm left scratching my head alittle.

Has anyone else noticed that the device icon in the web view now also looks different and can no longer be changed in color?
I just did a dirty upgrade from the last beta firmware but no reset yet. Everything else looks good.

View attachment 45697

On my side, I've no problem with icons... try to clear browser's cache data

I found the cause of the wifi download speed reduced, It is due to Enable "WireGuard VPN" in router. After disabled it, the speed back to normal.

Decided to give this latest firmware version a shot. The previous version, 3.0.0.4.388.21099, worked well for about a week, then rebooted. So I went back to 49873 that was actually perfect *smile*. Hoping that this one works well over time. So far so good, but it's early yet.

Oh yeah, I should mention that we have two nodes using wireless backhaul. And I reset both nodes back to factory defaults via the WPS switch after the flash due to changing from "386" family to "388" firmware family.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!