What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

so my router suddenly decided to stop after being problem free for more than a month. i reverted to a older firmware which connects only few devices. any help?
Is a litle bit unclear? this message. but you could try the firmware from gnutons 388.2_2_0-gnuton1 since I used that one it goes okay.

Thank you! Do I need to do hard reset first or can I just directly update to this?
I've done it both ways, if you have only the most basic of changes, I've had no issues with switching over to GNUton's builds with no resets, if things start to get weird or you notice the backhaul randomly dropping down/back to 2.4ghz or random issues then consider 1 or both routes for reset.

Ya it doesn't work. No internet connection at all. Same as the latest stock firmware :( .. will try hard reset later.

hard reset worked but works with asus stock firmware.
Huh, You need to download the firmware from gnuton site on your local computer.
Than login in your router and click on administrator and firmware upgrade.
Upload the firmware and wait.
When everything is rebooted you can a reset or factory reset with switch off your router, hold the wps button below and switch on.... lights are blinking, when it stopped. Switch of your router and start it again.
Hopefully this will work for you.

Huh, You need to download the firmware from gnuton site on your local computer.
Than login in your router and click on administrator and firmware upgrade.
Upload the firmware and wait.
When everything is rebooted you can a reset or factory reset with switch off your router, hold the wps button below and switch on.... lights are blinking, when it stopped. Switch of your router and start it again.
Hopefully this will work for you.
thanks

Guys are you sure the AX6600 is supported by gnuton? Other places say it doesn't, any one have any direct experience with this?

Plagued with backhaul issues and to make matters worse, I seem to have a Hardware 1 and a hardware 2, each having their own firmware updates apparetly

I've managed to get it to work atleast by doing the following:
- Switch off smart triband default setting
-set backhaul to 5gz-2 under permissions

While it's stable, the router is still yellow and for the money I paid for these boxes (with another on its way), I'd really like it to actually work

I've spent a solid 3 days plus on this and tried so many things to no avail including swapping the box around

I've confirmed this isn't a box issue and also not a distance issue

I did find that splitting the WiFi into separate 2.4 and 5 versions did the trick it just feels so messy to manage

Cant believe I fell for the stupid reviews 🤦

Committed now so any help would be much appreciated

Guys are you sure the AX6600 is supported by gnuton? Other places say it doesn't, any one have any direct experience with this?

Plagued with backhaul issues and to make matters worse, I seem to have a Hardware 1 and a hardware 2, each having their own firmware updates apparetly

I've managed to get it to work atleast by doing the following:
- Switch off smart triband default setting
-set backhaul to 5gz-2 under permissions

While it's stable, the router is still yellow and for the money I paid for these boxes (with another on its way), I'd really like it to actually work

I've spent a solid 3 days plus on this and tried so many things to no avail including swapping the box around

I've confirmed this isn't a box issue and also not a distance issue

I did find that splitting the WiFi into separate 2.4 and 5 versions did the trick it just feels so messy to manage

Cant believe I fell for the stupid reviews 🤦

Committed now so any help would be much appreciated
I know the V1 is supported I ran gnuton on my v1 set before going back to stock and upgrading, it has 3 different names depending on the market you are in. there'z ZenWiFI AX (XT8), AX6600 or RT-AX95Q which might be the single pack name vs the multi pack name (just a guess). I've even seen it referred to as ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 because that's what's on the box :p

Guys are you sure the AX6600 is supported by gnuton?
AX6000 is just a wifi class that applies to multiple different models (like the GT-AX6000), it`s not an actual router model.

If you are referring to the Zen Wifi XT8, then yes, it's supported by Gnuton, under Asus' internal name of RT-AX95Q (I believe Gnuton mentions both names on his site).

AX6000 is just a wifi class that applies to multiple different models (like the GT-AX6000), it`s not an actual router model.

If you are referring to the Zen Wifi XT8, then yes, it's supported by Gnuton, under Asus' internal name of RT-AX95Q (I believe Gnuton mentions both names on his site).
Alright so took a look, I think Ver 2 isnt supported

I took a look at Asus file and the extension for hardware 2 is ".pkgtb" as opposed to the usual ".w" 😩

Wonder if its worth just upgrading one of the boxes and hoping for the best

Alright guys so listen up
Now this is the story all about how,
My wifi flipped-turned upside down,
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there,
I'll tell you how I fixed my problems with Merlin Firmware

I own:
1 Ver 2 XT8
1 Ver 1 XT8

I kept Ver 2 at latest ASUS Firmware upgrade, I moved Ver 1 to Merlin's latest Firmware upgrade:

I use Ver 2 as my main and Ver 1 as my node

I Upgrade, I switch everything off then turn both on

Initially - the Router wifi was available but performed badly for 5 mins or so

Then it connects with Node upstairs, which is FINALLY white on launch

The main router then goes into Solid green - seems some from of optimisation thing - this takes 10 mins or maybe a little more but does eventually turn white

Obvs this still needs to stand the test of time, Ill try and update if I dont get busy and forget

Just before I press reply, I can confirm both boxes are in their respectful place and are WHITE

I've run a speed test both below and above - both have phenomenal speeds

God bless Merlin

ASUS really has some work to do, reputation down the drain

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!