What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-1 public beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wondering if beta test for GT-AXE11000 is coming soon as well? Wondering if that would fix the 5Ghz-2 issue for AiMesh as well

Hi All,
After waiting a long time, ASUSWRT is going to upgrade from 386 rc2 to 386 rc3.
What's new in 386 RC3-1
  1. New VPN client interface
  2. Clients can be assigned to a specific VPN profile. This function is similar to VPN fusion. (AX models' features)
  3. Support WirdGuard server and client. (AX models' features)
  4. Beta firmware OTA and one click revert to the previous firmware. It can facilitate the beta firmware testing.
  5. Support DNS over TLS and two DNS servers.

The firmware download link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uqIB8mzcGutUlkPoNCM0q3Xp0N0txdtJ?usp=sharing
It is an early stage for 386 RC3 and we have GT-AX11000, ZenWiFi XT8, RT-AX88U, RT-AX82U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U currently.
We will release more firmware and new features few weeks later.

View attachment 36047
View attachment 36048
View attachment 36049

View attachment 36050

on AXGT1000

lan activity light does not work

R3UhekS.png

also speeds are more slughisy on speedtest

Any changes to Guest 1 on Mesh nodes? Not covered in announcement, guessing no.

Any changes to Guest 1 on Mesh nodes? Not covered in announcement, guessing no.
And why would there be a change to Guest 1's. They work well now.
With that said I did discover that if you change Guest 1 "Sync to AiMesh Node" from "Router Only" to "All" you should remove and re add the nodes to get the Guest 1 to sync the nodes.

Anybody know where the visited url site history that used to be under QOS might be located in this beta release?

ASUSWRT_2020

Dont know if anyone has checked, but I am unable to run the internet speed test via Adaptive QoS. And this is from a total rebuild from fresh of all routers, (WPS reset). If I drop back to current public/full relaease no issue. Current setup as per my signature.

I do have a request though for ASUS, when hovering the cursor, over the singal strength on the the AiMesh 2 menu for clients, would it be possible to show an RSI reading/level as part of the cursor hover, right now it displays TX, RX, and acces time, please ADD RSI level AS PART OF THIS HOVER, over the signal level reading for each client.

Edit: Well bugar me dead, it is now working (speed test), after numerous attempts for 2 days.

Last edited:

ASUSWRT_2020

Dont know if anyone has checked, but I am unable to run the internet speed test via Adaptive QoS. And this is from a total rebuild from fresh of all routers, (WPS reset). If I drop back to current public/full relaease no issue. Current setup as per my signature.

I do have a request though for ASUS, when hovering the cursor, over the singal strength on the the AiMesh 2 menu for clients, would it be possible to show an RSI reading/level as part of the cursor hover, right now it displays TX, RX, and acces time, please ADD RSI level AS PART OF THIS HOVER, over the signal level reading for each client.

Edit: Well bugar me dead, it is now working (speed test), after numerous attempts for 2 days.
While you are at it, let us ask for ipv6 support for VPN server/clients and other cool mouse hovering features in regards to mesh clients and ability to view mesh nodes system log from main routers syslog gui page.

ASUSWRT_2020

Something else I have noticed with this beta, is that even with WPS under wireless disabled, I am still able to reconnect nodes without it having to be enabled via the GUI interface.

In addition, the network button on the AiMesh 2 for both the Main and Node/s, routers, seems to be not working at times, all I can see, are 0's all over, a reboot seems to fix it briefly, before it no longer updates. and or, 0's are still shown.

Last edited:
Something else I have noticed with this beta, is that even with WPS under wireless disabled, I am still able to reconnect nodes without it having to be enabled via the GUI interface.

Way back to AiMesh 1.0, AC86U firmware began automatically enabling WPS when adding a node. The user must remember to disable WPS afterward, if desired.

OE

Way back to AiMesh 1.0, AC86U firmware began automatically enabling WPS when adding a node. The user must remember to disable WPS afterward, if desired.

OE
Yep you are correct, that process does occur in the current public release firmware, where a screen appears, warning that WPS will be enabled (if already disabled), to add a node and then you had to switch it off manually, with this beta firmware, it can remain disabled and you can still add a node, without it being enabled (no warning screen that WPS will be enabled), on completion of adding the node and then checking WPS again, it is still disabled, i.e., you dont have to manually switch it off again. New feature maybe and or a bug?

Last edited:
Yep you are correct, that process does occur in the current public release firmware, where a screen appears, warning that WPS will be enabled (if already disabled), to add a node and then you had to switch it off manually, with this beta firmware, it can remain disabled and you can still add a node, without it being enabled (no warning screen that WPS will be enabled), on completion of adding the node and then checking WPS again, it is still disabled, i.e., you dont have to manually switch it off again. New feature maybe and or a bug?

Not having to toggle the WPS setting OFF again sounds like an improvement.

OE

I'm surprised nobody commented on Wireguard yet, as this was something people asked me quite a few times to add to my own firmware in the past. Anyone actually tested it, either the client or server? Any feedback?

I'm surprised nobody commented on Wireguard yet, as this was something people asked me quite a few times to add to my own firmware in the past. Anyone actually tested it, either the client or server? Any feedback?
I tested the WireGuard client briefly and I noticed that there is a DNS leak. There is no setting in this firmware that’s similar to Merlin where you can force to use the VPN provider’s DNS. Performance seems to be fine but my VPN line is limited to 120mbps. I wish it would support IPv6 thought just like the Brume MV1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!