What's new

AsusWRT/EZ Printer with Canon MF3240 (multi function printer/scanner)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mine Ong

Regular Contributor
hi,

I have an AC68U and I am trying to share a Canon MF3240 multi function printer/scanner over the network. I have confirmed that both the printing and scanning functionalities work on my laptop when the MF3240 is connected to my laptop via USB. I am using win-10 (64bit).

I am trying to follow the following guide:
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/FAQ/114046/

by which I've downloaded Printer_1055.zip from Asus' website, extracted, and executed Printer.exe. It detected my network router/AP, and I've entered the correct IP address of the AP of which the Canon MF3240 is connected to. Via webGUI of the AP, I can verify it is connected to the AP on USB-2.

I followed the guide https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/FAQ/114046/ up to Step 6, by which the Printer.exe finished installation. However, NOTHING happens next: the Window 10's Wizard (Step 7) never happened, and I am not sure how and what to proceed next.

In the past, I have successfully shared the printer using LPR server. However, the point of this exercise is that I want to share both the printing and scanning functionality of MF3240 using the Asus router. Hence my query.

any help is very much appreciated,

Last edited:
I got the same issue with Asus EZ Printer on win 10 / win 11. It added my Samsung SCX-4521f's scanner, but not the printer. I tried added as LPR printer manually but didn't work (actually it worked once with a test page, but stopped working afterwards)

Anyone has any ideas? thanks

ok I played around some more, I removed all the drivers and ports from windows, and rebooted. I ran EZ Printer again and it added the scanner. Scanner was working fine with Irfanview.

Then I tried adding a printer manually (windows doesn't detect one). I added as local printer, and picked USB001 as port. Then test page magically worked again (I noticed scanner turned 'disconnected').

After the test page, i went back to Printer/Scanner screen in Windows and the scanner disappeared, and only my Printer (USB001) and the Samsung printer driver show up.

I will check occasionally over the next few days to see if the printer still work

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!