What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.264.22 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

total garbage. I update to 3.0.0.4.264.22 ,the wifi speed is down from 6mbps to 2mbps. Go back to asus RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_246.

Please keep in mind this is done by RMerlin on a volunteering basis.
Your language is less then appreciative of the great effort Merlin puts in.
Constructive feedback would be far more appropiate.

total garbage. I update to 3.0.0.4.264.22 ,the wifi speed is down from 6mbps to 2mbps. Go back to asus RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_246.

It's impossible to tell what went wrong since you provide zero details as to your configuration. This is the benchmark results I get myself here, with an Intel Centrino 6230 on the 5 GHz band:

receive.png

send.png

What are you talking about?? This build is working great right now. I am pulling 75 Mbps on an 84 Mbps internet connection consistently on 5 GHz one floor above and 50~60 on 2.4 Ghz. Full 84 Mbps hardwired.

Maybe it is your internet connection.

My laptop is ThinkPad w510 . wifi card is intel 6300, router is asus N66u. I updated to merlin 3.0.0.4.260.1 few days ago , I found it's not stable not as good as you guys said. Then I update to merlin 264.22 , use speedtest.net to test wifi is 1.8mbps. I restart my thinkpad and router many times still can't go up to 2mbps. I downgrade to ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.246 ,now my wifi is going up to 6mbps. My dsl is 6mbps.
I found asus 3.0.0.4.246 is the most stable Firmware. Others include asus new 3.0.0.4.260 is not stable. I have many IOS machines ipad4 ,2 itouch, iphone5 ,atv ,and another hp laptop ,mac air. I found all of the Firmware except asus 3.0.0.4.246 can't afford so many machines for only 6mbps dsl.

My laptop is ThinkPad w510 . wifi card is intel 6300, router is asus N66u. I updated to merlin 3.0.0.4.260.1 few days ago , I found it's not stable not as good as you guys said. Then I update to merlin 264.22 , use speedtest.net to test wifi is 1.8mbps. I restart my thinkpad and router many times still can't go up to 2mbps. I downgrade to ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.246 ,now my wifi is going up to 6mbps. My dsl is 6mbps.
I found asus 3.0.0.4.246 is the most stable Firmware. Others include asus new 3.0.0.4.260 is not stable. I have many IOS machines ipad4 ,2 itouch, iphone5 ,atv ,and another hp laptop ,mac air. I found all of the Firmware except asus 3.0.0.4.246 can't afford so many machines for only 6mbps dsl.

I have to agree that "total garbage" might be overstating things a bit in the big picture, although the fact that you're having problems may make you feel that way *smile*. This "garbage" is working really well for a lot of us that have large mixtures of client devices. It may be that you have some configuration problem(s), not that the firmware is "total garbage". Sorry that you can't get your network to work with it, but I'd suggest that you work with your configuration and see if you can't improve things, rather than concluding that because it isn't working for you it's "total garbage".

I have many IOS machines ipad4 ,2 itouch, iphone5 ,atv ,and another hp laptop ,mac air. I found all of the Firmware except asus 3.0.0.4.246 can't afford so many machines for only 6mbps dsl.

I have many android devices and gtv and pc computers, nas and even the neighbors leaching off my 25meg dsl and have zero of these problems.

and i am seeding 242 torrents 24/7 and still no problems.

yes i pointed out that all my stuff is pc and android, because i wanted to show how silly you looked.

How can you tell someone is an apple user? don't worry, they will tell you.

Traffic monitoring issues

Hi Merlin!

I have ticked to turn on the detailed traffic monitoring and ticked to create the new files and they seem to have been created.

The TCP / UDP connections seem to be correct but the traffic is not logging properly - screenshot was taken while approx 1000KB/s was being transfered in each direction on 2 boxes from / to the internet?

I alo am having a couple of machines now reporting with the wrong name, this has not happened before!

The Server listed in the screenshot as "GARY" now appears on the network map as "another device" - it has not done this before. Its actual name is "MUSIC" and is in a domain "gary.local" which may be where the incorrect name is coming from?

Attachments

• traffic.jpg
    traffic.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

3.0.0.4.264.22 has been no issues at all for me, 31 devices on wifi, mix of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Speedtest result as I expect, no deterioration at all. There must be some other issue with your configuration.

I have many android devices and gtv and pc computers, nas and even the neighbors leaching off my 25meg dsl and have zero of these problems.

yes i pointed out that all my stuff is pc and android, because i wanted to show how silly you looked.

android devices are best in the world ,stay with them.

Howdy,
Uodated to 3.0.0.4.264.22 on 2 RT-N66U units. One as main router, and another as a ap. Both are steady and working properly with good speeds.

Yes, Apple folks will bitch about all the other products first, instead of thinking apple has problems. :)
PC's and android devices here. :cool:

So far working great !! Best transfer rates to date , getting 13-16MB/s where I used to get 9-11 MB/s . Don't know what has changed but this is transfer between the same machines in the same place , only change was the FW . Even my worst has improved from 1-3 MB/s to 4-7 MB/s . Thanks ,

Folks, please leave the platform bickering out of this thread. Thanks.

I have a bug to report, the Traffic Monitor per IP isn't working properly.
router.jpg

The NAS212 is currently a webserver with an average throughput of aprox. 50 Mbit/s (200/200 Mbit optic), in this summary the total throughput must be around 12 GB instead of the 6.87 MB....

The realtime shows around 2 KB/s.

For the rest a good firmware and nice features, keep up the good work! :)

So far working great !! Best transfer rates to date , getting 13-16MB/s where I used to get 9-11 MB/s . Don't know what has changed but this is transfer between the same machines in the same place , only change was the FW . Even my worst has improved from 1-3 MB/s to 4-7 MB/s . Thanks ,

Really? Just wondering is your device connect at 150mbps or 300mbps? When you say transfer is it to the hard drive that is connect to the router or a hard drive that is connect to a pc? I have no issue with .21 but thinking of flashing to .22

Hard drive from computer to computer or my NAS , no hard drive connected to usb on router , connection between 130 and 243 Mbps .

I have a bug to report, the Traffic Monitor per IP isn't working properly.
*** pic removed from quote ***

The NAS212 is currently a webserver with an average throughput of aprox. 50 Mbit/s (200/200 Mbit optic), in this summary the total throughput must be around 12 GB instead of the 6.87 MB....

The realtime shows around 2 KB/s.

For the rest a good firmware and nice features, keep up the good work! :)

This sounds very similar to what I am seeing - realtime TCP & udp connection numbers look real - but the number of packets per second is only hitting 1 or 2 now & then when it should be multitudes bigger.

Reception / Transmission I am seeing 0 or occasionally some figures but these are 0.5 to 0.75KB/s max when there is a lot of traffic flowing - totals showing as really small, not sure what is wrong!

I am running some firewall-start and nat-start scripts as I have a /29 on my external WAN.
Does the accounting need any specific IPTABLE rules that I may now be blocking with specific injected rules?

Last edited:
Drop down on the traffic monitor page is not working correctly for me after setting new individual IP feature - see pic. If clicked, I just get a thin vertical strip. Is this an IE issue?

BK

52f9lj.jpg

Drop down on the traffic monitor page is not working correctly for me after setting new individual IP feature - see pic. If clicked, I just get a thin vertical strip. Is this an IE issue?

BK

I had the same problem using IE, if you go with Firefox, Chrome or Opera - it's all good.

Last edited:

Hi,
I wish you did not use language like that. Is that the way you contribute to this forum. I am sure you read author's disclaimer when you update the f/w.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!