What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found following error message consol:

Error: script5007 unable to get value of the property 'parentnode': object is null or undefined
svg.js, line 1 character 21336

This refers to "svgweb.removeChild(removeMe,removeMe.parentNode)"

Attached screen shot (with Dutch error message, but you find English translation above :))

That code is unchanged from the original firmware, and is pretty much impossible to debug since Asus has obfuscated it by removing any whitespace from the script.

Looks like the switch to Busybox 1.20 is working fine, except for 3G modems that will fail to load their drivers for some. I reapplied every single patche Asus had applied on top of their older Busybox 1.17.4, without any luck. Weird thing is, I have no problem with my own Nexus One when I put it in tethering mode. Could be a new issue introduced by BB 1.20, but I can't do any real troubleshooting as I don't have a 3G modem.

Therefore, next beta will revert back to the original 1.17.4 Busybox, and I will just backport the fdisk GPT fix to it, and keep the new e2fsprogs tools instead of the built-in tools from Busybox. I would have liked to have all the additional fixes Busybox 1.20 brings, but I just can't track down that last 3G issue.

The kernel patches regarding 3TB support will be kept in place, as they do not introduce any new issue. They might actually help with some specific devices to support disks *> 3TB and GPT, however full compatibility is impossible because even a regular Linux box will have issues with some poorly designed USB enclosures. I'll keep an eye for any new potential kernel fix that might help in this aspect. Hopefully I'll eventually find a USB enclosure that works properly under Linux, so I can do my own tests with the 3 TB HDD I got for this issue.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll try to have Beta 2 out in the next couple of days, with the Busybox changes reverted. I will probably keep the patched BB code in the Git repository in case someone with a 3G modem feels like trying to debug that last issue himself - would certainly be easier for someone with an affected device.

That code is unchanged from the original firmware, and is pretty much impossible to debug since Asus has obfuscated it by removing any whitespace from the script.

Hi Eric,
This error was reported on several forums, but I could not find a solution.

I have upgraded to IE10-6.1Preview version for Win7 and looks like the problem is solved by IE10... Will do some further testing.

Thanks for your support and your Asus-Merlin firmware development. This is one of the main reasons I chose for the RT-N66U :D

Cheers Chris

Hi Eric, the dns service with openvpn is only going in the exclusiv mode.
In relaxed or strict mode the the log says

Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.108.143#53
Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.108.142#53
Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.51.1#53

but the server is not being used.

In the old version RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_246.20 it worked yet

Hi Eric, the dns service with openvpn is only going in the exclusiv mode.
In relaxed or strict mode the the log says

Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.108.143#53
Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.108.142#53
Jan 31 18:08:08 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver x.x.51.1#53

but the server is not being used.

In the old version RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_246.20 it worked yet

Can you see if the issue happened with 23b as well? There was a DNS bug that was fixed between build 20 and 23, I want to see if the issue came from that fix, or is actually a regression in 24 Beta 1.

After flooding Gecko with a bunch of test builds and discussing the issue with fellow homebrewer from WDLXTV who's much more versed in Kernel stuff than me, I managed to create a test case I could reproduce, and was able to track down the issue with some 3G Modems not loading their drivers under 24 Beta 1 (turns out insmod doesn't recursively search through /lib/modules in 1.20.2, has to revert that code to the 1.17.4 code).

That means the Busybox upgrade to 1.20.2 is back on track for the next beta. Miniupnpd was also upgraded to 1.6 (while Asus's version was NOT vulnerable to the recent exploit, I wanted to play it safe and upgrade that security-sensitive service anyway), so next beta will also include a new miniupnpd to test.

If all goes as planned, I might have a Beta 2 on track for sometime this weekend. Most likely this will be followed by Beta 3, which will upgrade the base code to build 270.

Thanks everyone for your help - much appreciated.

could u Add other language?
for example korean..
some korean use ac66u..
but asus not supported korean.
becoz ac66u not selling in korea.

could u Add other language?
for example korean..
some korean use ac66u..
but asus not supported korean.
becoz ac66u not selling in korea.

Way beyond the scope of this project, sorry. Translating software alone is a full-time job.

Would adding new Scale(s) in the traffic monitor for kilobit (and maybe megabit + gigabit) be possible, as I know my line speeds in kilobits not kilobytes and also have to set the QoS parameters in bits not bytes?

Would adding new Scale(s) in the traffic monitor for kilobit (and maybe megabit + gigabit) be possible, as I know my line speeds in kilobits not kilobytes and also have to set the QoS parameters in bits not bytes?

No idea how doable that would be and what it would involve. I might have a look at this later, but for now this is fairly low priority.

Beta 2 has been uploaded to Mediafire. The changelog can be found here.

Various regressions related to the Busybox upgrade to 1.20.2 have been fixed. I still need feedback regarding the IPv6 tunnels to confirm that nothing was broken there (my Hurricane Electric 6in4 is working fine here).

More patching was done to the kernel in hopes to at least improve somewhat with compatibility with disks larger than 2 TB. Full compatibility can't be achieved, but I'm interested in success stories with disks that didn't work before 266.24 and that do work now after these patches.

Miniupnpd has been upgraded. The previous version didn't have any known security holes, but I decided to play it safe with this somewhat security-sensitive component. Please confirm that no new issue related to UPNP has appeared.

Various polishing touches were applied to the webui, see the changelog for details.

Let me know how this is working out, I am especially interested in hearing about any new issues, or past issues being resolved with these internal upgrades.

I'm curious, I see all the fancy bew features every release, but vasic things like signal strength and speed, do they also improve at all with newer firmwares?

I'm curious, I see all the fancy bew features every release, but vasic things like signal strength and speed, do they also improve at all with newer firmwares?

I have no control over the wireless drivers, since they are closed-source.

I got these after the N66 rebooted from firmware update. I did not include all the logs but it took about 2 minutes then it stops.

Feb 1 23:48:47 miniupnpd[599]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory
Feb 1 23:48:47 miniupnpd[599]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory

I got these after the N66 rebooted from firmware update. I did not include all the logs but it took about 2 minutes then it stops.

I am not getting them here. It looks like miniupnpd is unable to access your WAN interface. Are you running it in AP mode or as a router?

Which type of Internet connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, 3G USB modem, etc...)

EDIT: Nevermind. You can safely ignore that warning, I was missing a patch that's supposed to remove that log entry.

Last edited:
I am not getting them here. It looks like miniupnpd is unable to access your WAN interface. Are you running it in AP mode or as a router?

Which type of Internet connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, 3G USB modem, etc...)

EDIT: Nevermind. You can safely ignore that warning, I was missing a patch that's supposed to remove that log entry.
Update: Okay will just ignore if it shows up again. I erased the nvram then reconfigured so far I have not seen the miniupnpd log. Could be needed to just clean the NVRAM?

Connection: DHCP
Router mode

Last edited:
Okay, looking good here, IPv6 is working, Network Extender is working, and the time issue I had seems to be taken care of. Only have about 1.5 hours on it, but seems fine here. Looks better than the first Beta so far.

Don't use the VPN, dlna, or have any USB peripherals attached, though.

i got the same problem

Feb 2 19:23:40 miniupnpd[703]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory
Feb 2 19:23:40 miniupnpd[703]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory
Feb 2 19:23:41 miniupnpd[703]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory
Feb 2 19:23:41 miniupnpd[703]: cannot read /sys/class/net/eth0/speed file : No such file or directory

Attachments

• error.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 256
Beta 2 has been uploaded to Mediafire. The changelog can be found here.

Hello ... just updated and ... now I can't map my network drives any longer on my Win7 environment.
Normally I see my Synology DS213+ NAS as a physical drive ...
Not even DLNA device was able to connect again to the router.

On the iMac, I see no problems in addressing the NAS on the same network. Looks nothing changed.

Reverted to the .23 and the the problems disappeared ...

Hope this helps in improving the fw. Thanks for your fine job ...

Regards.
Luca

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I'm not seeing any of the miniupnp error messages, and I can still mount the router's USB stick as a network disk on my Win7 64 machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online