What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.28 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cru a RestartWifi " 0 4 * * * /sbin/service restart_wireless"

That would create a scheduled job at boot time that would entirely restart the wireless services at 4 am every night.
There is only one small disadvantage of restarting the WLAN service this way: The Stealth Mode (disable all LEDs) is overwritten by the restart. The WLAN LEDs are on after this restart...

Disable/Enable the Stealth Mode turns the LEDs again off - but only until next restart of the WLAN service.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

There is only one small disadvantage of restarting the WLAN service this way: The Stealth Mode (disable all LEDs) is overwritten by the restart. The WLAN LEDs are on after this restart...

Disable/Enable the Stealth Mode turns the LEDs again off - but only until next restart of the WLAN service.

With kind regards

Have a script that does this then in your Cron command:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
service restart_wireless
service restart_leds

That way, your LEDs will be restore to their configured on/off state.

If there is a timing issue (i.e. the leds get turned back a few seconds later as the router is done restarting wireless), then insert a "sleep 30" between both service calls, so you reapply Stealth Mode once the router is done restarting wireless.

I finally took some time to look at the long-standing issue that prevent you from configuring the second WAN interface when in Dual WAN mode. Removed two lines of code from the webui seem to have fixed it. That means it will now be possible to configure both WAN interfaces with totally different methods (for example, primary WAN could be DHCP, and secondary WAN use PPPoE).

Dual WAN is still somewhat quirky (I don't think recovery from a failure state is working yet, unless Asus has ninja-fixed it in 354), but that bit should at least make it usable for more people.

If anyone is interested in doing some additional testing with Dual WAN please send me a PM along with which router model you have, and what type of connexions you would be using for both WAN types.

[deXter];68350 said:
What's the WPS button trick?

It's the "Reset to default" trick!

With kind regards

Sure is. The wps method actually worked. It clears the nvram. When I used the reset to factory defaults method my router would go into recovery mode. It failed. My performance would get worse with every new firmware flash. Now, I'm golden. I seems to go against what else you find here but that's the way it works.

Last edited:
Have a script that does this then in your Cron command:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
service restart_wireless
service restart_leds

That way, your LEDs will be restore to their configured on/off state.

If there is a timing issue (i.e. the leds get turned back a few seconds later as the router is done restarting wireless), then insert a "sleep 30" between both service calls, so you reapply Stealth Mode once the router is done restarting wireless.
Hi,

Great! Now it works like a charm! :)

Thank you for your kind support!

With kind regards

Sure is. The wps method actually worked. It clears the nvram. When I used the reset to factory defaults method my router would go into recovery mode. It failed. My performance would get worse with every new firmware flash. Now, I'm golden. I seems to go against what else you find here but that's the way it works.
Wait, I'm confused. I thought you said the WPS method and "reset to default" are the same thing but it sounds like you are saying "reset to default" from the administration page does not work and something else actually does a better job of clearing out the router?

problem with compiling sources

hi,

i downloaded sources from git but i cann't compile. It still dispalays an TLS error in e2fsprogs like

"../../lib/libuuid.so: undefined reference tp `__tls_get_addr`"

is there anyone who can help me?

thanks

hi,

i downloaded sources from git but i cann't compile. It still dispalays an TLS error in e2fsprogs like

"../../lib/libuuid.so: undefined reference tp `__tls_get_addr`"

is there anyone who can help me?

thanks

What OS? Did you install all the required packages listed in README.txt?

RE: problem with compiling sources

Hi RMerlin,
you did great work. I'm triing two ac66u (bridge and media gateway) and i get out of it 420mbits. on dd-wrt (AP + client) 220mbit only, but i have problem with channel selection.

What OS? Did yeou install all the required packages listed in README.txt?

Ubuntu 12.04 - completly as you describe on wiki
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Ubuntu

the same problem is also with 10.04.

i tried to disable TLS, but it didnt help.

Hi RMerlin,
you did great work. I'm triing two ac66u (bridge and media gateway) and i get out of it 420mbits. on dd-wrt (AP + client) 220mbit only, but i have problem with channel selection.

Ubuntu 12.04 - completly as you describe on wiki
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Ubuntu

the same problem is also with 10.04.

i tried to disable TLS, but it didnt help.

It was a bug in the toolchain. I recently updated the toolchain to the same version used by Tomato. They enabled tls support, however e2fsprogs is unable to locate a missing header file required for it.

I just reverted back to the original Asus toolchain - just pull the latest Git changes and try rebuilding. If it fails, also checkout a clean copy of the e2fsprogs directory from Git to revert any change the old toolchain might have done to its configure environment (rm -rf e2fsprogs && git checkout e2fsprogs), then rebuild again.

Last edited:
It was a bug in the toolchain. I recently updated the toolchain to the same version used by Tomato. They enabled tls support, however e2fsprogs is unable to locate a missing header file required for it.

I just reverted back to the original Asus toolchain - just pull the latest Git changes and try rebuilding. If it fails, also checkout a clean copy of the e2fsprogs directory from Git to revert any change the old toolchain might have done to its configure environment (rm -rf e2fsprogs && git checkout e2fsprogs), then rebuild again.

another problem in e2fsprogs ...

CC error_message.c
error_message.c:51: error: thread-local storage not supported for this target
make[6]: *** [error_message.o] Error 1

another problem in e2fsprogs ...

CC error_message.c
error_message.c:51: error: thread-local storage not supported for this target
make[6]: *** [error_message.o] Error 1

That's why I said you might need to remove the whole e2fsprogs directory, and checkout a clean copy of it - it's still configured with tls support enabled.

speed issue

Its a shame that a high perfomance router now cant even reach 120mbits anymore, due the fact they have simply disabled the hardware acceleration.
Does anybody know if they are planning on enabling it again ?
Or should i go complain at asus because i cant fully utilize my ISP anymore they call this firmware update i call it a big downgrade!

Its a shame that a high perfomance router now cant even reach 120mbits anymore, due the fact they have simply disabled the hardware acceleration.
Does anybody know if they are planning on enabling it again ?
Or should i go complain at asus because i cant fully utilize my ISP anymore they call this firmware update i call it a big downgrade!

This router has no problem reaching 200 Mbits without HW acceleration.

Also you always have the option of running an older firmware version. Don't forget the 354 release is labeled as a Beta.

Hi,

Just compiled latest and greatest "beta2" now that the tool-chain is fixed, however the VLAN display seems to be non-working.

You might already know this but i thought i could give you a heads-up if not.

iptv-vlanid.PNG

(Would be nice if this config could be saved as Telia Sweden "dropdown", as this is config for Internet/IPTV/VOIP)

VLAN ids look a bit different from what they should be, i guess? :)
tools-sysinfo-vlanpage.PNG

This is on a RT-N66U.

Hi,

Just compiled latest and greatest "beta2" now that the tool-chain is fixed, however the VLAN display seems to be non-working.

You might already know this but i thought i could give you a heads-up if not.

I only tested it with the regular VLANs used by WAN, DualWAN and LAN, not with user-entered VLANs.

Do you also get similar results if you run this over SSH?

Code:
robocfg show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!