What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.31 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry about that Little detail ;)
It is an Asus rt-ac66u.

Post your wireless settings for the 2.4 GHz band. Make sure you use 20 MHz (40 and 20/40 will lead to issues), and ideally set it to a static channel rather than leaving it on auto.

Any Apple devices amongst those having issues, or is it a mixture of various types?

Post your wireless settings for the 2.4 GHz band. Make sure you use 20 MHz (40 and 20/40 will lead to issues), and ideally set it to a static channel rather than leaving it on auto.

Any Apple devices amongst those having issues, or is it a mixture of various types?

Hmm been using 40Mhz for a long time without having any issues. Is it a new issue that has come up?

No apple Products in the mixture. Android devices and win pc. Like i wrote Before, 5G wifi and lan does not seem to be affected. The only issue i have had before regarding connection was when using 40Mhz on 5G and 40Mhz on 2,4 but the issue was persistant so easy to fix. But 40Mhz 2,4 and 20Mhz 5G has worked up to this latest update.

Hmm been using 40Mhz for a long time without having any issues. Is it a new issue that has come up?

No apple Products in the mixture. Android devices and win pc. Like i wrote Before, 5G wifi and lan does not seem to be affected. The only issue i have had before regarding connection was when using 40Mhz on 5G and 40Mhz on 2,4 but the issue was persistant so easy to fix. But 40Mhz 2,4 and 20Mhz 5G has worked up to this latest update.

You shouldn't use 40 Mhz on the 2.4 GHz band unless you are in an area with no interference at all. 40 MHz has never been reliable, and the problem is becoming worse over time as more routers are getting installed, people getting more Bluetooth devices which also share the 2.4 GHz band, cordless phones, and so on.

40 Mhz should be fine on the 5 GHz band, so long you don't use the Asus 3.0.0.4.3xx frmwares with an RT-N66U, which are known to be broken with various Intel interfaces. My 372.31 release is fine however, since I backported the older (more reliable) driver to it.

You shouldn't use 40 Mhz on the 2.4 GHz band unless you are in an area with no interference at all. 40 MHz has never been reliable, and the problem is becoming worse over time as more routers are getting installed, people getting more Bluetooth devices which also share the 2.4 GHz band, cordless phones, and so on.

40 Mhz should be fine on the 5 GHz band, so long you don't use the Asus 3.0.0.4.3xx frmwares with an RT-N66U, which are known to be broken with various Intel interfaces. My 372.31 release is fine however, since I backported the older (more reliable) driver to it.

I will try your recomended setup and see how it goes. Thanks for the tips. I will get back to you with update of progress.

looks like they updated that 1393 firmware again as of 8/5
hopefully this one is ok

looks like they updated that 1393 firmware again as of 8/5
hopefully this one is ok

AFAIK, all they did was update the changelog to also include the changes from the (no longer available) build 1363. Check the actual date of the .trx file.

DLNA doesn't work

Hi guys.
I used to use my router Asus RT-n66u as media server. I have one 2tb external hdd formated on EXT3 and on router is running DLNA server. After I flasher this last firmfare, my Plasma TV Panasonic series ST50 can't found the DLNA server. I downgrade to previous firmware, and DLNA works OK. Then I repeated, with the same result. Has this firmware any DLNa related bug ? Or it was updated DLNA server to higher version, which is propably not compatible with my TV ? Has anybody similar experience ? How to check, if the DLNa service is really running ?

Thank you.

AFAIK, all they did was update the changelog to also include the changes from the (no longer available) build 1363. Check the actual date of the .trx file.

dam,got all excited for nothing.Why would they repost the same file?

Hi guys.
I used to use my router Asus RT-n66u as media server. I have one 2tb external hdd formated on EXT3 and on router is running DLNA server. After I flasher this last firmfare, my Plasma TV Panasonic series ST50 can't found the DLNA server. I downgrade to previous firmware, and DLNA works OK. Then I repeated, with the same result. Has this firmware any DLNa related bug ? Or it was updated DLNA server to higher version, which is propably not compatible with my TV ? Has anybody similar experience ? How to check, if the DLNa service is really running ?

Thank you.

I recently flashed an AC66U from asus' .354 to merlin's 372.31 and lost the DLNA share on my samsung TV as well. I did a factory reset, tried turning DLNA on/off a few times and couldn't get it working - flashed back and DLNA worked again. Any ideas?

Hi all

Since latest update 372.31 i have had a annoying bug. After a day or so no device can connect to the wireless 2,4 net. The bug comes randomly but often within 24h. on my wired machine i just need to logon to the router change channel and then it works again. wired and 5G seems to work without issues. I have now cleared nvram to see if it helps. I havne not made any Changes lately that should cause this. The problem started after upgrade.

Please help anyone.

Thanks for your work as Always Merlin.

I also have this issue. Ac66u, 20mhz, static channel, 2.4 channel drops consistently to my iphone and several Dell laptops as well. A reboot will resolve the problem but it has to be done about once a day. It is quite annoying.

Hi guys.

Thank you.

My router Asus RT-N16, firmware 372.31 Merlin. Philips TV 46PFL7007T. DLNA works very well, even mkv files plays!

dam,got all excited for nothing.Why would they repost the same file?

Probably because the content management system they use for the website doesn't allow them to modify published downloads, so they have to delete and re-publish it.

RMerlin is it too early to give an ETA of when to expect the Merlin-WRT version of 3.0.0.4.374.130 for the RT-AC66U ?

Asus hasn't release any source code for it, so I can't do anything....

I recently flashed an AC66U from asus' .354 to merlin's 372.31 and lost the DLNA share on my samsung TV as well. I did a factory reset, tried turning DLNA on/off a few times and couldn't get it working - flashed back and DLNA worked again. Any ideas?

Same problem with my RT-N66U and a 1TB drive formatted NTFS.
There was something weird .. After updating the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.372.31 the first time I had seen DLNA. After a reset of the router, the DLNA was not seen.
The status indicated "idle". Playing on the on / off button, the result was the same.
I found the connection dlna, assigning a different path in the "media server directory" and the status says "scanning ..". The dlna returned.
After another reset, the same problem came back ...
-> Finally, I reformatted my drive to EXT3, and for now the problem seems to have disappeared.

Can someone point me to a page that in simple terms helps me to setup my OpenVPN client.
Hi,

Why don't you use Merlin's WIKI page as a starting point? :rolleyes:

Further details can be found by searching the forum - OpenVPN was discussed many times in the past... :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

Why don't you use Merlin's WIKI page as a starting point? :rolleyes:

Further details can be found by searching the forum - OpenVPN was discussed many times in the past... :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Thanks Joegreat.
I have a few problems such as always been a slow reader, findin the openvpn pages a bit difficult to understand, loss of 25% of my memory and my IQ due to some unknown virus. Just getting by with the help of people like yourself. Once again thanks!

Sorry Joe, but the Wiki is too old and I have windows 8. The wiki does not mention that the OpenVPN has been upgraded since the original post to connect the VPN. I'm getting lost in the myriad of information as well!:confused:

Sorry Joe, but the Wiki is too old and I have windows 8. The wiki does not mention that the OpenVPN has been upgraded since the original post to connect the VPN. I'm getting lost in the myriad of information as well!:confused:

The OpenVPN configuration is the same under Windows 8 as under Windows 7.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!