What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.32 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm not reading in Asus release notes for 374.130 that there was a driver update for Ac66u yet Merlin mentions one in his release notes for 374.32 ?? For the first time ever I am having disconnect issues on the 2.4Ghz band and my laptop with a Intel 2230 card. I will try an alternate channel.

I'm not reading in Asus release notes for 374.130 that there was a driver update for Ac66u yet Merlin mentions one in his release notes for 374.32 ?? For the first time ever I am having disconnect issues on the 2.4Ghz band and my laptop with a Intel 2230 card. I will try an alternate channel.

I just installed it on my AC66u and the driver versions are the same (run wl vers) but the build dates are different June vs August, or something like that.

For me the latest build its working fine.

I didn't even bother resetting to factory defaults this time.
(ymmv)

Still 5 clients, and I'm working from ip 10.0.0.164, which has traffic for sure.
I tried finding javascript error but using firefox I could not find any. Pls see screenshot. I checked arp on the router, 10.0.0.164 is listed, pls see screenshot 2. Is there any other place to look? (RT-AC66U)

I don't think that is a Merlin bug. I think it's an Asus bug.

Sometimes with Asus stock 374.257 it worked perfectly. Other times, I had to change the DHCP range. For example, if your current DHCP range is 192.168.1.100-149, change it to 192.168.1.100-152. You might even have to do it twice and bump it up again a little higher to 192.168.1.154
Then check to see if all of your devices are there in the status.

That firmware is a Asus release this thread is about the new Merlin build release 3.0.0.4.374.32_0

I'm pointing out that fact that he should have use code from the even newer build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pointing out that fact that he should have use code from the even newer build.

The source code doesn't come out for a while after the firmware itself is released. Always waiting for the next one (source code for the latest release) can cost too much in terms of getting new features out. Same as in the commercial world, if you're always putting in new features/code instead of making a release, your customers start to get antsy *smile*, and you can lose them.

The "train leaves the station" model is a common software release model where you decide what features you want in the current release, and that's all you take. The next set of features waits for the next train *smile*. That way you tend to get nice, stable, regular releases.

This probably hasn't addressed your concerns, we all want the latest stuff as soon as possible, but it isn't always the best plan.

I sent RMerlin pm regarding Lighttpd. According to some devs, there is a bug, however RMerlin has yet to confirm whether it's true or not.

The lighttpd build included with the firmware should only be used with AiCloud. That version has some code level changes from Asus for starter. Using it with anything else is unsupported and might or might not work properly - you should be installing lighttpd from Entware/Optware if you need it.

Still 5 clients, and I'm working from ip 10.0.0.164, which has traffic for sure.
I tried finding javascript error but using firefox I could not find any. Pls see screenshot. I checked arp on the router, 10.0.0.164 is listed, pls see screenshot 2. Is there any other place to look? (RT-AC66U)

This might be because you are using a class A network instead of the usual class C. Not sure Asus has ever tested Networkmap on a Class A.

Asus doesn't document every time they recompile or tweak the driver. You have to check the driver's md5 to determine when a driver has changed. The driver's build date is often a good clue as well.

I would have, if Asus had released it. They did not release the GPL for 257.

The lighttpd build included with the firmware should only be used with AiCloud. That version has some code level changes from Asus for starter. Using it with anything else is unsupported and might or might not work properly - you should be installing lighttpd from Entware/Optware if you need it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read before that Entware/Optware is not supported on RT-AC56U due to ARM architecture.

This might be because you are using a class A network instead of the usual class C. Not sure Asus has ever tested Networkmap on a Class A.

Just because the 10.0.0.0/8 network is a class A doesn't mean he's using the entire class A. For reference, I'm using 10.20.20.0/24 which is effectively a class C. I've never had an issue with the Networkmap.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read before that Entware/Optware is not supported on RT-AC56U due to ARM architecture.

Entware isn't, but Optware is. Asus is using the mbwe-bluering repo.

Just because the 10.0.0.0/8 network is a class A doesn't mean he's using the entire class A. For reference, I'm using 10.20.20.0/24 which is effectively a class C. I've never had an issue with the Networkmap.

I know. Just trying to see potential reasons why he's having those odd issues that I can't reproduce here - there must be something different in his particular setup to explain the differences.

I have one on the latest firmware off the Internet after the restart and had to be rescued, and insert the power cord? My router asus rt n 16. Download master don't work too. And reinstall don't help.

I know. Just trying to see potential reasons why he's having those odd issues that I can't reproduce here - there must be something different in his particular setup to explain the differences.

A little about my setup, it's a fritzbox modem connected to the rt-ac66u, then a switch and then the 10.0.0.164 pc. Just to clarify, I'm using a 24bit subnet. not the 8 bit as referenced with class A.

Maybe I found the bugger, the log is filled with:
Aug 28 20:52:39 nmbd[1088]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Aug 28 20:52:39 nmbd[1088]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I will try a factory reset.

A little about my setup, it's a fritzbox modem connected to the rt-ac66u, then a switch and then the 10.0.0.164 pc. Just to clarify, I'm using a 24bit subnet. not the 8 bit as referenced with class A.

Maybe I found the bugger, the log is filled with:
Aug 28 20:52:39 nmbd[1088]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Aug 28 20:52:39 nmbd[1088]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I will try a factory reset.

Factory reset worked so far, now showing 7 clients, I'm assuming the rest will come as soon as they have traffic.

My device list seems to be working ok now not sure how it fixed itself. I shows all the devices now but still spins forever after hitting refresh but no big deal its working right.

So I just upgraded my RT-N66U from Merlin's 372.31 to 374.32 build. Everything went great except for one little weird-ism.

Now I can't point my browser to https://<internal router IP>:8443 instead I have to point to https://<external dyn dns name>:8443 in order to login. Once logged in I validated that the option for enabling/disabling management access from the WAN is turned off.

Other than that, everything seems kosher.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!