What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.32 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well now I just feel silly. I swear it's been rebooted 30 times today with all the different firmwares I've had installed. But, umm... I gave it a go and, yeah, this:

Thank you!

Well that was short lived, I'm back to 200... the only difference is that I connected my phone to the 5GHz WiFi (and some time passed)

Edit: Yep, as soon as a wireless device connects on 2.4GHz or 5GHz the WAN-LAN performance tanks. A reboot fixes it until a wireless device connects again.

Last edited:
... And the downloaded CRC32 is exactly the same as for the file which I uploaded...

Would it be possible for you to post the CRC32 or the like for the downloads somewhere on your pages?

You know, just in case. Makes me feel better when there's a match. :)

Would it be possible for you to post the CRC32 or the like for the downloads somewhere on your pages?

Md5sum for firmware downloads would be really appreciated.

Is it worth to upgrade from 3.0.0.4.270.26 (Merlin build) ?
N66U user

I have the same question. Do I understand it right that the driver / network performance has not changed (even for 5GHz)?

If there is little feedback about newer driver, is there Merlin's version has the latest N66U driver for testing?

Hello!

I had a problem with .374.31 where my Kindle running CM10.1 would always drop its connection after a few hours of idle. You could see that the router was associated to the SSID, but nothing was routing. The wireless icon turns "grey" instead of blue - which apparently is an Android thing to show that it's not fully connected.

I'd have to disable the wireless on the tablet and re-enable it. This was never a problem with the original ASUS firmware, so I went back to .276 just to test it again, and now it seems to be fine. Never drops the connection anymore.

Is this something that you've seen before, and perhaps fixed in .374.32?

Samba

Hi Merlin,

If I copy many large files from samba with stock fw, sometimes ac56u freezes.

Does your custom firmware contain bug fixes/updates for more stable working of samba.

Thanks

CRC32 verification is part of the Zip archive. If the file was corrupted, then it would fail extracting. That's one of the reasons why I zip firmwares before releasing them.

Md5sum for firmware downloads would be really appreciated.

With as many as 8 different firmwares to compile, archive, upload, report on SNB and Twitter, etc..., I try to make things as simple as possible for me. Right now, any new version release takes about 2-3 hours of time.

Maybe if I can eventually streamline the process a bit more I might include MD5 sum publishing with it. Just adding an md5sum inside the archive is pointless if the goal is validate that the firmware wasn't modified (and the zip CRC32 check takes care of protecting against corruption), I need to publish those sums elsewhere.

I have the same question. Do I understand it right that the driver / network performance has not changed (even for 5GHz)?

If there is little feedback about newer driver, is there Merlin's version has the latest N66U driver for testing?

The wireless driver in 372.32 is the same as in 270.26b. Asus didn't release the GPL code for the latest driver, and it's still broken for too many interface cards anyway. The alternative is the experimental SDK6 build, which shares the same driver as the RT-AC66U.

Hi Merlin,

If I copy many large files from samba with stock fw, sometimes ac56u freezes.

Does your custom firmware contain bug fixes/updates for more stable working of samba.

Thanks

I never had any problem here when copying large files. Could be your USB disk that the router is having trouble with. Also make sure that if you transfer files that are 4GB or more, you must use a filesystem that can support them, which means ext2/ext3/ext4 or NTFS.

I use 2T WD external HDD with ext4. Using with PC it works fine.

I realized if I limit samba download speed to 45MB/s, the problem does not occur. If I let it copy at full speed (50-55MB/s) it freezes soon or later.

The Client List relies on ARP entries to build its list. If the client hasn't sent any traffic to the router yet or is behind a switch that means it hasn't sent traffic to the router itself yet but only on other devices on the same switch, then the client might not appear on the Networkmap yet.

I'm having the endless refresh problem too since upgrading from beta3. It says 5 clients but I have more. http://i.imgur.com/zC4Fqq6.png

arp table looks normal.

Code:
? (192.168.0.13) at 48:5B:39:BE:3A:89 [ether]  on br0
? (192.168.0.5) at 08:60:6E:8F:3A:DB [ether]  on br0
? (192.168.0.7) at 00:1A:62:03:78:A5 [ether]  on br0
? (192.168.0.1) at 02:22:15:8D:E3:AB [ether]  on br0
? (192.168.0.10) at A0:0B:BA:E3:DC:C7 [ether]  on br0
? (192.168.0.4) at 00:0E:08:E7:30:10 [ether]  on br0
omitted.myprovider.com (public.ip.here) at 00:05:00:E2:A3:F6 [ether]  on eth0
? (192.168.0.3) at 64:68:0C:CD:88:99 [ether]  on br0

It's interesting 192.168.0.7 doesn't get it's name populated. It's in my static leases as Drobo. I'm trying to trace the code but I'm not great at asp. Where does it get the names from? It looks like it tries to look at the dhcp leases, but getdhcpLeaseInfo.asp gives broken xml and not all clients are listed (or clients in the screenshot for that matter.)

getdhcpLeaseInfo.asp
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<dhcplease>
	<client>
<mac>value=a0:0b:ba:e3:dc:c7</mac>
<hostname>value=Android-DC</hostname>
</client>
<client>
<mac>value=02:22:15:8d:e3:ab</mac>
<hostname>value=Playmate</hostname>
</client>
<client>
<mac>value=94:44:44:e8:ad:85</mac>
<hostname>value=Sharp</hostname>
</client>
<client>
<mac>value=48:5b:39:be:3a:89</mac>
<hostname>value=Princezz</hostname>
</client>
<client>
<mac>value=08:60:6e:8f:3a:db</mac>
<hostname>value=Prostitute</hostname>
</client>
<client>
<mac>value=b4:07:f9:a3:1f:e7</mac>
<hostname>value=Android-JL</hostname>
</client>

<client>
		<mac>None</mac>
		<hostname>None</hostname>
	</client>
</dhcplease>

Note; the ac66u is at 192.168.0.2/24

dhcp static leases; http://i.imgur.com/LYLqjaP.png

hi hoping someone may of had this or it is something silly i am doing.
Ok never really had any problems with any of the FW apart from the 5ghz wi fi.
But i have just upgraded from .26b to .32 did a clear reset of the nram and all is ok apart from my usb stick that i had mounted in one of the usb openings.
When i log on it shows my HDD mounted ok but the 32GB memory stick unmounted and no matter what i do it will not mount.

I have tried removing it then plugging back in and that makes the whole router crash and reset it self(says something about port number/ip address change)?????? also have tried reformatting it the same as before, as NTFS, but it still crashes the whole router??. But for some reason the HDD that is in the other usb slot has always worked and is still working though all the upgrades.

Thanks for any help here :) Pete

Is the RT-AC66R the same hardware as the RT-AC66U? Can I just flash the Merlin U firmware in the R model without (extra) fear of bricking?

Is the RT-AC66R the same hardware as the RT-AC66U? Can I just flash the Merlin U firmware in the R model without (extra) fear of bricking?

Yes you are safe. They are the same hardware. the AC66R is just the retail model. It's the one I have and I use Merlin's firmware without a hitch. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am thinking about using the dnsmaq.conf.add to create at least two different groups of clients to use dual wan. If you guys can clarify if what I intend will work, I will be grateful.

1) I want to use 2 ethernet ports for dual wan. Is it possible?

2) If I must use USB as the fallback (2nd) wan, can I use an Ethernet dongle? I have one from Apple hanging around. Otherwise, I would like some insight on which chipset would be compatible.

3) I believe dnsmasq is used for DHCP services, am I right?

4) If so, if I set up a second dhcp group in dnsmasq.conf.add and point them to always use the 'fallback' wan, will it just work, or the router will try to force the traffic through the first wan no matter what?

Problem with AiCloud site not responding.

Merlin, et al.

I am currently running the latest version, 3.0.0.4.374.32. After the upgrade I have noticed that when trying to access the AiCloud web page, on https:// the page times out and will not respond. I also experience this from the internal page as well. not being a software programmer, I am quite useless on narrowing down where the issue stems. I have rebooted, turned on and off all AICloud settings. Also tried changing the port number. I do not use Smart Sync. I am using Smart Access, and Cloud Disk.

Any insight would be great otherwise I will be more than willing to try other items of note to troubleshoot.

Merlin, et al.

I am currently running the latest version, 3.0.0.4.374.32. After the upgrade I have noticed that when trying to access the AiCloud web page, on https:// the page times out and will not respond. I also experience this from the internal page as well. not being a software programmer, I am quite useless on narrowing down where the issue stems. I have rebooted, turned on and off all AICloud settings. Also tried changing the port number. I do not use Smart Sync. I am using Smart Access, and Cloud Disk.

Any insight would be great otherwise I will be more than willing to try other items of note to troubleshoot.

Make sure you don't have anything forwarding port 443 to either an internal server (for example a Windows Home Server), and that you didn't configure HTTPS on port 443 on the Administration -> System page.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!