What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New SDK does that mean new wireless driver?

Yes. That was the main reason for Asus to switch to SDK6 - to solve all the lingering connectivity issues that were plaguing the 5.110 driver.

BTW, minidlna still crashes on Photo thumbnail generation. I didn't expect it to be fixed, but thought I would mention.

See my reply on this in the other thread. I can't reproduce the issue here, which makes me think you might have kept the database in its default location, which is in RAM. That's probably what is causing your router to run out of memory as it fills up the database, you should relocate the database to a directory on your HDD.

RT-AC66U

Okay, I went back to .33 Beta 1 because Beta3 didn't allow me to switch radio channels. I'm all good now. :cool: But why is beta 3 still in the RT-AC66U Mediafire Folder when it's buggy? That was part of my problem, besides being a n00b, I thought it would have been pulled. :eek:

RT-AC66U build is working fine, I just tested it. Clear your browser cache, try a different browser, or try a factory default reset.

Okay, thanks Merlin, now I understand it was just a problem on my end; everyone else with AC66U runs fine with Beta 3. Ok, I have the 66U streaming right now for the wife, I'll do it ASAP. Thank you! :)

I have same problem with this .3 beta as ASUS' release. I can not connect via 5ghz channel if I have any security enabled in the router for 5ghz.

Open system, connect fine via 5ghz and WPA2.

Previous 374.32 connect fine via 5 GHZ and WPA2.

Have done full NVRAM reset two ways, one with the option in the firmware and the other with power off, WPS held down, power back on, full hard ware reset.

Removed and rebuilt wireless profile.

Same result. Latest SDK6, my Broadcom 4322, even with what appears to be latest driver set, won't negotiate a connection via 5ghz wpa2.

My Windows 7 laptop driver gets to the place where it asks for the Password so the connection gets that far. When I submit it the router does not seem to recognize what is being sent so denies the connection.

Going back to 374.32......

No need to go back to 374.32, there's an SDK5 build of 33 Beta 3 in the Experimental folder.

@RMerlin - Is the experimental build for the RT-N66U based on the same SDK that was in Beta 1 ?

You mean the SDK5 build? Yes, that's exactly the same SDK/drivers that was used in the last few releases regular releases (5.100).

Thanks but I'm falling into the "if it ain't broke" for awhile.

374.32 works fine and is quick for me and both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels are strong and reliable.

Thanks but I'm falling into the "if it ain't broke" for awhile.

374.32 works fine and is quick for me and both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels are strong and reliable.

Which router do you have?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 10.59.47 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 10.59.47 AM.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 536
I am not getting that at all.

Yep, good to know! I only tried Chrome. Will do it again and clear cache etc... try Safari/Firefox etc... AC66U is busy for a while streaming for wifey. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
With the RT-N66U experimental build of Beta 3, on the wireless tab for 2.4 Ghz: when you select 20MHz for the channel bandwith, it will let you select the control channel, but it reverts back to Auto when you hit the Apply button.

I am not getting that at all.

Just to be 100%... what pops up when you put cursor over wifi icon? The Control Channel would show set for 1 on the Settings but the wifi icon would show 6, so would inSSIDer show me as being on channel 6.

Attachments

• conchan1.jpg
    conchan1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 272
  • conchan6.JPG
    conchan6.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Yep, good to know! I only tried Chrome. Will do it again and clear cache etc... try Safari/Firefox etc... AC66U is busy for a while streaming for wifey. :rolleyes:

I would actually try resetting to factory defaults.

I know its a pain, but ...

Just to be 100%... what pops up when you put cursor over wifi icon? The Channel would show set for 1 on the Settings but the wifi icon would show 6, so would inSSIDer show me as being on channel 6.

Here you go.

My mac also agrees

Just ran istumbler, and also says its on channel 1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 11.12.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 11.12.22 AM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 11.13.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 11.13.08 AM.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 254
Awesome, thanks! Now to get wifey off my network.... :rolleyes:

Concerning the power output issues, I'm not entirely sure if this this information is accurate (with all that stuff being closed source and such, and various wl commands being obsolete or specific to different Broadcom devices), but I found the results interesting:

Code:
SDK5.110:
admin@stargate2:/tmp/home/root# wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)

SDK6.30 (RT-N66U):
84 mW (19.25 dBm)

SDK6.30 (RT-AC66U, different binary blobs):
admin@Stargate:/tmp/home/root# wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)

SDK6.37 (that's on the RT-AC56U):
admin@Stargate3:/tmp/home/root# wl -i eth1 txpwrlimit
1000 mW (30.0 dBm)

Just to be 100%... what pops up when you put cursor over wifi icon? The Control Channel would show set for 1 on the Settings but the wifi icon would show 6, so would inSSIDer show me as being on channel 6.

Sometimes you need to refresh that page, as the wireless driver wasn't done initializing by the time the webui queries the driver for that value.

Concerning the power output issue...
Code:
SDK5.110:
[/QUOTE]

Jungian Global Consciousness!!! :cool::D

Attachments

• sg1.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!