What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 5 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phew. Nailed it. Asus forgot to update the GPL makefiles used for lighttpd (the web server used for AiCloud) - the new lightsql library was missing from it. Modifying the makefile to add this library resolved the interfacing with minidlna (and so, the crashing issues).

I'll make a new beta probably tomorrow with the fixed build. I will also update the AiCloud components for the RT-AC56U with those from the recently released RT-AC68U GPL to bring it in sync with the other routers.

I will also re-enable the minidlna code related to thumbnail artwork as there's a good chance that the two will properly work together now.

Interesting. It did appear the the stream of minidlna/malloc failures were related to calls to update the sql database. I have a perfect test case ;-)

Good luck, nice catch!

For what it's worth, AC66U, running beta 5, using your last minidlna update.
Everthing running fine, including AiCloud.

I'm sorry Merlin, but the beta 3 and 5 have something wrong. You'll find it anyway ;)

I tried to change the channel from 13 to 11 on beta3&5 but the routeur was blocked on channel 6. I have done this test en beta3 and beta5. Going back to beta 1 solve this issue for me.

I let you double check this.

And yeah, thanks for your builds =)

I already did, and still can't reproduce it here.

I'm sorry Merlin, but the beta 3 and 5 have something wrong. You'll find it anyway ;)

I tried to change the channel from 13 to 11 on beta3&5 but the routeur was blocked on channel 6. I have done this test en beta3 and beta5. Going back to beta 1 solve this issue for me.

I let you double check this.

And yeah, thanks for your builds =)

Actually I noticed some of these weird inconsistencies with GUI on wireless settings after updating to beta 3, but after changing other related parameters back and fourth, I noticed, that channel setting and other possible problems "got solved" somehow - just like some bits were "stuck"...

Upgrade to beta 5 did not seem to bring up any more issues.

I reported earlier in this thread that I got an error of cannot install image check to make sure you have the correct image, not exact words but what it meant when trying to install beta5.
Tonight I did a power reset and tried again and went without any issues. I had tried again just before the power cycle with the same failure. Am now on the beta5 release without any issues.
Thanks again to merlin. ;)

Those with the AI cloud/DLNA issue should try beta6 as it fixed it for me.

Merlin,

Parental Controls work great !
Firewall Filter works !
QOS works
Wireless On Off Times works!

My wife says she has good connections, I will assume that Wireless works great.

Thanks
Chris

Merlin,

Parental Controls work great !
Firewall Filter works !
QOS works
Wireless On Off Times works!

My wife says she has good connections, I will assume that Wireless works great.

Thanks
Chris

Cool, thanks for the extended testing! I also resolved a potential scenario where scheduled things might stop working after you do any change that requires the wireless services to be restarted, so I think PControl should be at its most solid stade yet once 374.33 gets released :)

I know Asus are also looking into it, altho they are taking a different route than what I took, so no idea when we will see improvements in the original firmware. Their improvements might also go beyond just fixing what's currently broken possibly.

Cool, thanks for the extended testing! I also resolved a potential scenario where scheduled things might stop working after you do any change that requires the wireless services to be restarted, so I think PControl should be at its most solid stade yet once 374.33 gets released :)

I know Asus are also looking into it, altho they are taking a different route than what I took, so no idea when we will see improvements in the original firmware. Their improvements might also go beyond just fixing what's currently broken possibly.

I've been wanting to go to this 374.33 Beta 5 since I first noticed its availability. One reason was just to try and help you out with PC.

I'm on a RT-N66R flashed with your v3.0.0.4.372.32.beta3. This past weekend (Friday) I changed PC to straddle midnight for a particular machine ... and discovered that although the machine may have been appropriately cut off on Sat 0200 (I didn't check -- the kids were online until they fell asleep around 0130), it could not connect Sat afternoon when the UI indicated it should've been able to.

I'm hoping to get your newer beta flashed before Saturday night so I can check it out. I remember the help from user "Makkie" or "Markie" that seemed to me may indicate that the PC FW might've had problems straddling midnights.

Hopefully I'll have some downtime available to flash between now and Fri/Sat nights.

Maybe Asus is working on cutting "persistent" connections at the appropriate time???

The non-working/working screenshots are shown here:

Attachments

• Capture10.PNG
    Capture10.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 512
I already did, and still can't reproduce it here.

Hi,

i can confirm this new behaviour in .33 final.
(after upgrading from .32 final i reset to factory defaults and cleared nvram)

RT-AC66U, Location Austria (Europe)

2,4 GHz settings :bandwidth 20/40 MHz, channel 13u
yields actually channel 6 (but not visible in the settings window of the gui)

Setting bandwidth to 20 MHz and channel 13 yields really channel 13

Merlin, can i help with testing ?

Thanks

Hi,

i can confirm this new behaviour in .33 final.
(after upgrading from .32 final i reset to factory defaults and cleared nvram)

RT-AC66U, Location Austria (Europe)

Merlin, can i help with testing ?

Thanks

I have no control over regional enforcements by the driver.

Hi,

Could it be because ch 13 doesn't have an "organic" upper channel to pair with?

"Naturally" I believe 13l would = 13l+9u="11"

But I don't know how anything would be able to do true 13u b/c of the irregular gap up to the ch 14 space and 14 is off limits for most of the world. I don't know if it rolls back to a low channel or just refuses to do 13u.

PrivateJoker

agree with your consideration, but it seems to work in .32

Merlin

thank you for your work, i guessed already it was caused by the driver

I'm experiencing irregular reboots all the time running the latest beta on my RT-A66U and the system log window doesn't say much more than the kernel drop messages. Is there anywhere else I could look to report back sensible info?

I'm experiencing irregular reboots all the time running the latest beta on my RT-A66U and the system log window doesn't say much more than the kernel drop messages. Is there anywhere else I could look to report back sensible info?
Hi,

You need to save the syslog.log file to a location where it survives the reboot.
I have discussed and proposed a solution for this here.
But you need to attach a USB-drive or Thumb-drive or intenal SDcard to the router to save the log there. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the issue is logged before reboot - if it's not, then there is only one way to get rid of the problem: :eek:
- Install new (latest) firmware
- Do Factory reset
- Start with absolut minimum configuration
- Slowly add addtional configurations and trace the stability

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

thanks for the reply, seems more stable after upgrading to latest release but have set up logging as described to keep an eye on it :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!