What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just upgraded to 38-em from 33 sdk6. No major issues so far. There are two annoying issues:

1. My printer model (Lexmark E120) has been identified as "undefined-undefined" in Web GUI. Previous Merlin version I had used (33 sdk6) identifies it correctly as "Lexmark E120". Nevertheless as the printer is working I consider this as a minor bug.

2. Very annoying bug in VPN section of the Web GUI. When I go to "GUI>VPN>VPNServer" I am choosing from drop-down menu "OpenVPN". Then I have a choice between "Server1" and "Server2" in the next level drop-down menu. When I choose a "Server2", for example, the GUI moves again to the default page of this tab - PPTP instead to move in "Server2" under OpenVPN sub-menu, so have to choose again "OpenVPN" from the drop-down menu in order to finish my work. This is very annoying. The same happens under next tab - "VPN Details" - after switching between two OpenVPN servers the GUI returns always in default page which is "PPTP".

P.S. It was just "simple" upgrade without reset to factory defaults.

Last edited:
I got these errors in the logs with 38_2 with an AC66R and not sure how to fix or needs to be fixed?

Jan 19 13:59:59 dnsmasq-dhcp[2334]: DHCPNAK(br0) x.x.x.x xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wrong network
Jan 19 17:33:34 dnsmasq-dhcp[2334]: DHCPNAK(br0) x.x.x.x xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wrong address

This is normal, and just means that a device connected and asked to use it's existing IP that was assigned when it was on another network. Your AC66R's DHCP basically said "No, I didn't issue that, you can't use it here". The client should have then requested and received an IP from your AC66R.

Same thing happens if the IP was issued by your router the last time the device was on your network, but the lease has since expired and/or the router has since leased that IP to another MAC.

I see this frequently with iPhones and Android devices when they visit my house. For example, my daughter came by the house Saturday evening, and this showed up in the log for her iPhone 5C:

Jan 18 18:08:50 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.1.105 0c:30:21:XX:XX:XX wrong network

After getting the NAK, the iPhone requested a new IP and the router gave it 192.168.1.186.

Similarly, I got these posted when I returned from a relative's house, where I had been using my iPhone and iPad on their network. Both of them attempted to use the IP's they were given from the relative's network, and my N66U said "Nope, those aren't the addresses I leased to your MAC."

Jan 17 22:03:48 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.0.110 b8:e8:56:XX:XX:XX wrong address
Jan 17 22:05:33 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.0.111 b8:e8:56:XX:XX:XX wrong address

Both devices immediately got re-issued correct IP addresses by the N66U's DHCP server.

All working "per design" of the router's DHCP server, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Hey guys just upgraded to 374.38_2-em, did a factory reset and configured my settings in. So far all good!

Just one weird thing - the traffic monitor, when you select 24 hours, seems to show incorrect behaviour, but only for the Internet tab. It's almost like it is showing a cumulative graph. Also the download counts on Daily/Monthly are incorrect. Is anyone else getting this?
Same here RT-N66U on 38_2.
I have the same on AC66u.
After rebooting it goes away. Why I dont know.

Attachments

• traffic mon.jpg
    traffic mon.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 497
Weird!
I don't see that on my RT-N66U.

Attachments

• Last 24 hr.jpg
    Last 24 hr.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Try to turn "SYN cookies" on if it's off.
have seen that behave before and if i remeber right that is half open tcp connections

I got these errors in the logs with 38_2 with an AC66R and not sure how to fix or needs to be fixed?

Jan 19 13:59:59 dnsmasq-dhcp[2334]: DHCPNAK(br0) x.x.x.x xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wrong network
Jan 19 17:33:34 dnsmasq-dhcp[2334]: DHCPNAK(br0) x.x.x.x xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wrong address

Sometimes I do.
I just ignore them.

Code:
Jan 20 14:14:18 dnsmasq-dhcp[417]: DHCPNAK(br0) 10.10.124.154 98:d6:f7:xx:xx:xx wrong network

This is normal, and just means that a device connected and asked to use it's existing IP that was assigned when it was on another network. Your AC66R's DHCP basically said "No, I didn't issue that, you can't use it here". The client should have then requested and received an IP from your AC66R.

Same thing happens if the IP was issued by your router the last time the device was on your network, but the lease has since expired and/or the router has since leased that IP to another MAC.

I see this frequently with iPhones and Android devices when they visit my house. For example, my daughter came by the house Saturday evening, and this showed up in the log for her iPhone 5C:

Jan 18 18:08:50 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.1.105 0c:30:21:XX:XX:XX wrong network

After getting the NAK, the iPhone requested a new IP and the router gave it 192.168.1.186.

Similarly, I got these posted when I returned from a relative's house, where I had been using my iPhone and iPad on their network. Both of them attempted to use the IP's they were given from the relative's network, and my N66U said "Nope, those aren't the addresses I leased to your MAC."

Jan 17 22:03:48 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.0.110 b8:e8:56:XX:XX:XX wrong address
Jan 17 22:05:33 dnsmasq-dhcp[8445]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.0.111 b8:e8:56:XX:XX:XX wrong address

Both devices immediately got re-issued correct IP addresses by the N66U's DHCP server.

All working "per design" of the router's DHCP server, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the great explanation.

I've also just upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.38_2-em. Wireless looks good, all looks good, except IPv6 (Comcast, DHCP-PD) is not working. It used to work on this router as recently as 34_0_sdk5, but I don't get an IPv6 address, prefix, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone with Comcast using DHCP-PD and have IPv6 working using 38_2-em?

I've also just upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.38_2-em. Wireless looks good, all looks good, except IPv6 (Comcast, DHCP-PD) is not working. It used to work on this router as recently as 34_0_sdk5, but I don't get an IPv6 address, prefix, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone with Comcast using DHCP-PD and have IPv6 working using 38_2-em?

Anything in your logs?

Are you not getting a WAN address and just a prefix, or IPv6 not working at all?

Roger I have comcast and using 38_2em and v6 is working fine on my n66. I just set it to native and apply. Not sure why it would not be the same for you. I do still have the neighbor over flow issue comcast has not worked that out yet and not sure at this point if they ever will.

Last edited:
Anything in your logs?

Are you not getting a WAN address and just a prefix, or IPv6 not working at all?

I am not getting anything back from Comcast. I looked at the log, and see:

Jan 20 19:50:13 rc_service: ntp 454:notify_rc restart_radvd
Jan 20 19:50:13 rc_service: waitting "restart_upnp" via ntp ...
Jan 20 19:50:13 rc_service: ntp 454:notify_rc restart_diskmon
Jan 20 19:50:13 rc_service: waitting "restart_radvd" via ntp ...
Jan 20 19:50:13 radvd[466]: version 1.9.7 started
Jan 20 19:50:13 radvd[466]: no auto-selected prefix on interface br0, disabling advertisements

and this several times:

Jan 20 20:02:06 dhcp6c[460]: client6_send: transmit failed: Cannot assign requested address

I'm reposting this because we both posted at the same time and the page flipped wanted you to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSC

Roger I have comcast and using 38_2em and v6 is working fine on my n66. I just set it to native and apply. Not sure why it would not be the same for you. I do still have the neighbor over flow issue comcast has not worked that out yet and not sure at this point if they ever will.

Last edited:
Jan 20 20:02:06 dhcp6c[460]: client6_send: transmit failed: Cannot assign requested address

Ok, this is exactly the error I'm looking into. The best I can tell you at this point there's a bug somewhere. I'm not entirely sure why everyone is not experiencing this issue.

You may think this is an odd question, but what modem do you have?

Ok, this is exactly the error I'm looking into. The best I can tell you at this point there's a bug somewhere. I'm not entirely sure why everyone is not experiencing this issue.

You may think this is an odd question, but what modem do you have?

Not at all, modems have a role here, too. I have an Arris TM722G, it's DOCSIS 3 and IPv6 enabled.

I'm also thinking bug, since my R7000 works with IPv6, and this router used to work with IPv6, not too long ago *smile*.

I'm reposting this because we both posted at the same time and the page flipped wanted you to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSC

Yes, if it's working for you, it should be working for me. Don't know what's going on, but I'm experienced enough with IPv6 to believe that this is the result of a firmware bug. Don't know why you're not seeing, it though.

Lucky you.

Yes, I was ready with my script to combat the neighborhood table overflow when I got IPv6 up. Haven't had to use it yet *smile*. I have /jffs formatted and mounted, and am ready.

I'll probably put this router aside until the next firmware release and use the R7000. I had really hoped that this new RMerlin firmware release would work well, but that's the way it goes. I'm on dd-wrt at the moment on the R7000 while I'm waiting for the next Netgear firmware release.

Not at all, modems have a role here, too. I have an Arris TM722G, it's DOCSIS 3 and IPv6 enabled.

I was asking, because I recently exchanged my rented Cisco DPC3008 for a Motorola SB6141 and that was when I first started seeing the error. IPv6 was working just fine with the DPC3008 and .38_0. So I tried rolling back to 36_beta1 and am still seeing the issue. I'm going to try .34 next because you said it was working then. The odd thing here is the code where the error happens is all client side, there is absolutely no reason the modem should make any difference.

I'm also thinking bug, since my R7000 works with IPv6, and this router used to work with IPv6, not too long ago *smile*.

I know it's a bug. I found a bug on the RedHat bug tracker that described the exact issue and is a suspected kernel bug. They even provide a test case (which fails when run on the router), but the bug supposedly fixed about 6 kernel releases before the version running on the router.

Honestly at this point, I'm looking into testing with an alternative DHCPv6 client.

Would you mind retesting with .34? I just tried with .34 and it still wasn't working. I know that up to and including 38_0 were working with the old modem so something really strange is going happening here.

I am not able to open home page of router in Repeater Mode. I tried 192.168.1.1 ; router.asus.com and router ip which is 192.168.43.1
I can ping 192.168.43.1 but can not ssh or open home page.
More over when turn off my main router I am able to connect 192.168.1.1

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

In the Download master no tasks are shown in the download list.

Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.38_2

Download Master is a separate program independent from the firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!