What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days and with out lose the connection, but i change dns to cloudfire and 5 hours later lose the wan connection and start the pado message. ¿can be posible my isp dont let me use another dns?

Does anyone else's router model allow this unholy combination - just curious...?
YES - this combination IS possible for my ax88u but no client can connect to it...

1692637756559.png

3 days in a row. No issues observed

388.4_beta2_onlinetime.JPG

I just noticed this impossible combination in WiFi 5GHz options that shouldn't exist!
AX only, but you can disable AX mode?? 🤔
Just had to try it out, this one; and sure enough while trying to connect it confused my AX phone to the point its own WiFi crashed and restarted (after trying to connect as AC, but since it is AX only...). 😁

Surely nothing to to with merlin or this beta, but an ASUS part mishap? 😅

Does anyone else's router model allow this unholy combination - just curious...?

View attachment 52497View attachment 52499
You go outside for 30 minutes for messing around with settings! Some People :rolleyes:
Absolutely zero issues with the latest RMerlin FWs.

It is an interesting catch, although it doesn't seem to be anything with Merlin.
Obviously it's ASUS, as I said it; but I just noticed it with Merlin FW on it.. 😉

Quite a f****p on their part! 😁
Might write to them, so tey fix it.

@RMerlin or anyone else. Yesterday, I decided to try NordVPN. I've not had a vpn setup until beta3. For some reason, I had to reboot my router today because my speed was about half of what it should be. Once I rebooted it was back to normal. I do see some warnings and errors in my messages log which I have attached. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or is this a known issue? Also, here is my custom config on the vpn tab....don't know if this could cause a problem.

remote-cert-tls server
resolv-retry infinite
remote-random
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
verify-x509-name CN=us9889.nordvpn.com
pull
fast-io
cipher AES-256-CBC
reneg-sec 0

#log /tmp/vpn.log

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• messages.txt
    280.1 KB · Views: 32
Same problem here, was working perfect, but update router for try this beta and boom cant access from outsite, i use asustor for this and first i think was reverse port but not.
The latest beta version of this firmware appears to have completely fixed by Plex Remote Access Problem. I would love it is @RMerlin could comment on whether anything to do with UPnP, portforwarding, VPN director... etc. could have changed in between the various beta versions. Is yours working now or is it still broken?

Last edited:
@RMerlin or anyone else. Yesterday, I decided to try NordVPN. I've not had a vpn setup until beta3. For some reason, I had to reboot my router today because my speed was about half of what it should be. Once I rebooted it was back to normal. I do see some warnings and errors in my messages log which I have attached. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or is this a known issue? Also, here is my custom config on the vpn tab....don't know if this could cause a problem.

remote-cert-tls server
resolv-retry infinite
remote-random
nobind
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450
persist-key
persist-tun
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
verify-x509-name CN=us9889.nordvpn.com
pull
fast-io
cipher AES-256-CBC
reneg-sec 0

#log /tmp/vpn.log

Thanks for your help!!

Not really the thread to be discussing this. Better if you start your own thread on this topic. But there are some atypical settings in your configuration.

I was tracking an issue with the new FW update notification, so until I was certain I wouldn't need to publish a rebuild, I temporarily pulled it out.

It was a filename mismatch between the release note filename on the server, and what the router was trying to download (related to the changes required with the change to 3004.xxx.y_y).

Ultimately I decided not to amend the code itself and will be handling it on the update server side instead, using the filename the router is trying to pull.

I was able to download RT-AX86U_3004_388.4_0. Holding off updating.

I was tracking an issue with the new FW update notification, so until I was certain I wouldn't need to publish a rebuild, I temporarily pulled it out.

It was a filename mismatch between the release note filename on the server, and what the router was trying to download (related to the changes required with the change to 3004.xxx.y_y).

Ultimately I decided not to amend the code itself and will be handling it on the update server side instead, using the filename the router is trying to pull.

So all is good to download ?

o all is good to download ?
Yes, nothing was changed in the re-uploaded builds. I will handle the changelog filename mismatch on the server side.

Locking this thread - thanks everyone who participated in this beta cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.