What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it though; shouldn't the dfs state remain as in-service monitoring unless it is tripped by radar ?
Channel 36/80 doesn't cover DFS so there's no need for ISM. Connect a client that's capable of 160MHz and I would expect the channel to change to 36/160 with ISM active. YMMV

Your signature says you have a GT-AX6000. eth5 on the GT-AX6000 is the 2.5 gbps LAN port.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was the case. Are you saying that's a problem and the cause of the syslog messages?

GT-AX6000 PORTS.jpg

I did a Hard factory Reset by WPS on my RT-AX86U , flashed it & Factory default Reset.
I flashed to Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4.
It works well, except this strange screenshot of a Somfy Connexoon attached to it
I never saw this on other Firmwares.
Any idea?

Attachments

• Somfy Asus Fw.png
    Somfy Asus Fw.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 206
tried again. colossal failure. did wps reset. did factory reset. pushed the pin. held buttons. I even did logical reset on backup page. nothing worked. reprogrammed from scratch and reboots still occurred on 3004.388.4. random reboots every 2 minutes.

Loaded factory ASUS version RT-AX88U_PRO_3.0.0.6_102_21514-g9affda2_136-g5d23c_nand_squashfs
absolutely no issues.

Upgraded fine over the final beta on my AX86U Pro. Side note, with its 2Ghz CPU the upgrade only takes about 30 seconds before my WiFi devices come back online.

Thanks again for your hard work @RMerlin!!

Channel 36/80 doesn't cover DFS so there's no need for ISM. Connect a client that's capable of 160MHz and I would expect the channel to change to 36/160 with ISM active. YMMV
This is the fixed channel config:
1692739430485.png

and this is the 160mhz capable client connected to it at only 80mhz and dfs idle:
1692739531356.png

Here it is when channel is set to auto, same client connects at 160mhz, dfs remains on ISM and time elapsed counter is running:
1692739747876.png

ISM been active now for 7+ mins:
1692740232958.png

After disconnecting the client, channel falls back to 64/80 but ISM remains active:
1692740534948.png

And then elevates to 64/160 when I connect the client again.

I would expect all this to behave the same if I choose a channel versus setting auto.

Last edited:
Yes, the messages are due the 2.5 gbps LAN port behavior. Do you have something connected to that port?
Yes, I had my Desktop connected to it. I have now removed the Desktop's ethernet cable from that port to one of the LAN ports.

Hello...just installed this on a 86U Pro and the GUI is really slow via browser, even after installing certificates as per https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/. Anyone experiencing any slowness? By slow I mean really slow, pages take forever to load and sometimes the GUI is spread all over the screen.

Not loaded well.
Clear cache/ Crrl+Shift+R to reload.
Works for me here

First 5h of run.
All goodie here!

All IoT is connected, including cheapest ones and ChromeCast that is stubborn one 😉

@RMerlin thank you as usual.
It is been a great ride on Alpha/Beta.
Time to get back to real life here

Following my upgrade, my log was filling with:
May 5 01:05:49 acsd: eth7: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 5 01:05:49 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth7 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 5 01:05:52 acsd: eth7: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 5 01:05:52 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth7 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
May 5 01:05:55 acsd: eth7: Selecting 5g band ACS policy
May 5 01:05:55 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth7 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info

I reset my 5-Ghz channel and width and all is wonderful for about 24 hours.

This is the fixed channel config:
View attachment 52556
and this is the 160mhz capable client connected to it at only 80mhz and dfs idle:
View attachment 52557
Here it is when channel is set to auto, same client connects at 160mhz, dfs remains on ISM and time elapsed counter is running:
View attachment 52558
ISM been active now for 7+ mins:
View attachment 52562

After disconnecting the client, channel falls back to 64/80 but ISM remains active:
View attachment 52563
And then elevates to 64/160 when I connect the client again.

I would expect all this to behave the same if I choose a channel versus setting auto.
I don't know why your client doesn't connect at 160MHz when using channel 36. Maybe there's some sort of limitation there that I'm not aware of (I never use channel 36 myself). As for your other screen shots, they are what I would expect. Channel 64 is a DFS channel so ISM should always be active regardless of the bandwidth.

Last edited:
Hello...just installed this on a 86U Pro and the GUI is really slow via browser, even after installing certificates as per https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/. Anyone experiencing any slowness? By slow I mean really slow, pages take forever to load and sometimes the GUI is spread all over the screen.
No slow GUI loading pages for me on a RT-AX86U Pro. But I did do a hard factory reset and manual reconfigure after flashing 3004.388.4 over 388.2_2. No slow loading before the flash and no slow loading after the flash.

Yes, I had my Desktop connected to it. I have now removed the Desktop's ethernet cable from that port to one of the LAN ports.

The log messages indicate that the ethernet connection was unstable. If you are getting the same messages after switching to a different LAN port, then there may be something wrong with the plug on that cable (or on the 2.5 gbps LAN port).

there's' a reason why a fully populated Cisco Nexus switch can creep into the million dollar range. They are amazing.

No doubt.

But that is also the reason why a fully populated Cisco Nexus switch isn't in anyone's home either. ;)

I don't know why your client doesn't connect at 160MHz when using channel 36. Maybe there's some sort of limitation there that I'm not aware of (I never use channel 36 myself). As for your other screen shots, they are what I would expect. Channel 64 is a DFS channel so ISM should always be active regardless of the bandwidth.

Yup thanks for chiming in. @Damit1 had issues with 36/160 combo in the past but is using AX88's not AX86's like me, so not entirely a good comparison.

UPDATE: Turning 160 off for now but I'm concerned there may be a latent issue there on the 86u.

Last edited: