What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've waited long enough to say this. This version does everything I want, and nothing I don't expect. Though I have had a little downtime for other reasons this firmware hasn't skipped a beat.
ISM is doing exactly what it's supposed to and amtm along with all my add-ons since I was one of the earliest adopters (before the renaming). Beer tokens away!!
1000038312.jpg

I have found that Scribe and UIScribe are, more often than not, failing to start on reboots. Everything is fresh on this installation, including full format of storage. I tried to monitor it via a quickly started ssh session, and it seems the post-mount script call sometimes fails to process. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

I have found that Scribe and UIScribe are, more often than not, failing to start on reboots. Everything is fresh on this installation, including full format of storage. I tried to monitor it via a quickly started ssh session, and it seems the post-mount script call sometimes fails to process. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
I have noticed the same behavior since 3004 (alpha/beta/final). For me I simply just reinstalled scribe (option is) after each firmware upgrade and suggest that you bring up this subject in the AddOns forum with @cmkelley if you would like to have this issue fixed.

Hi,
I am using an AX86U, and with this firmware, My vpn page has the following warning in yellow. The export file button never shows up. Before I reset everything, I was wondering if anyone knew of this issue or how to remedy without wiping out every setting.

Thanks

1693594256733.png

I am using an AX86U, and with this firmware, My vpn page has the following warning in yellow. The export file button never shows up. Before I reset everything, I was wondering if anyone knew of this issue or how to remedy without wiping out every setting.
Try rebooting the router to clear the state flag, it might possibly simply be stale. Also check the system log for any error message, for example in case of an invalid custom setting.

Try rebooting the router to clear the state flag, it might possibly simply be stale. Also check the system log for any error message, for example in case of an invalid custom setting.
Thank you. I rebooted and that didn't help. I also tried turning off the toggle, hitting apply, and then restarting. That also didn't help.

I looked at the log high level, but didn't see anything. I'll see if re-doing the server settings fixes it.

Simplemente déjalo deshabilitado. No puedo reproducirlo, y está dentro de un componente de código cerrado que la mayoría de la gente no necesita.
Code:
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: Watchdog 2718:notify_rc stop_aae
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: perro guardián 2718:notify_rc start_mastiff
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: esperando "stop_aae" a través de perro guardián ...

I have the same problem yesterday I changed my ax11000 for an axe16000 I updated to merlin and downloaded the configuration of my other router I saw that from time to time it kind of restarts and I found this in the logs what can I do

Last edited:
English please?

Welcome to the forums @neuro.

Don't do that.

Perform a full reset to factory defaults, followed by a minimal and manual configuration.

Code:
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: Watchdog 2718:notify_rc stop_aae
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: perro guardián 2718:notify_rc start_mastiff
Sep 2 10:44:16 rc_service: esperando "stop_aae" a través de perro guardián ...

I have the same problem yesterday I changed my ax11000 for an axe16000 I updated to merlin and downloaded the configuration of my other router I saw that from time to time it kind of restarts and I found this in the logs what can I do
You imported the configuration of one model router into a different model router. You're asking for trouble. It's a pain, I know, but reset and start from scratch. The joy of owning these type of SOHO routers.

Reactions: a5m
Anyone experienced the client list crash, and stuck on historical values at time of crash (Using a RT-AX86U)?
Yes, the client list stays frozen for me and I have to do a reboot to fix it. This has happened about seven times for me.

Awesome update tho besides this one issue I'm having.

A few things I’ve a few things I noticed in things release for the time I'v been running with on the router/nodes.

WAN performance as measured using Speedtest (at random intervals, different servers) consistently give me slightly better performance on the WAN interface, about 25mbps to 35mbps over my regular 914Mbps, but also about 1-2ms quicker response time (1GB AT&T fiber). It’s noticed!

When testing wireless clients, my 5Mhz AX clients are also seeing a similar boost with the results from Speedtest, about a 100mbps to as high as 250mbps, response time with similar improvements, consistently. Wow!

I’ve had this happen in other releases, in this release to bind certain clients to certain AIMESH nodes or to make sure they connect to the nearest actual nearest I did have to enable the roaming assistant under the Wireless/Professional tab for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz, once I did that, just like in 386.8 / 386/7.2 without the roaming assistant enabled. AIMESH clients randomly picking AP’s (nodes) solved BONUS: Also stabilized my 160MHZ (36/160) like before, instead of randomly switching to 80MHZ (49/80) and never switching back. Problem Solved!

One thing I do still have an issue with, that I starting seeing with 388 release, is when something like this shows up in the router log,
Router kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idp with major 190
Router kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_max = 8000
Router kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_timeout = 300 sec
Router kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.2 36f59aa
Router kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.20
Router kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Router kernel: IDPfw: flush fc
Router kernel: IDPfw: IDPfw is ready
Router kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 280
Router BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3

WAN I/O gets cut by 50%, and the only way to recover is a reboot. With that SPDMerlin /Scribe logging stops (though results/history are seen in the GUI). I’ve had to copy a new filter (syslog-ng.d/logrotate.d), restart Scribe, to get it working again. A minor nuisance, now that I know what to look for and how to resolve it.

Overall this release is woking great!

You imported the configuration of one model router into a different model router. You're asking for trouble. It's a pain, I know, but reset and start from scratch. The joy of owning these type of SOHO routers.
It's a lot of configuration, ports, etc, etc. Anyway, I found what activates that, but they're right, I'll give myself time to do a clean installation. In fact, that configuration comes from an even older router.

Hello @RMerlin ,

Thank for your amazing work, I have little issue since multiple versions.

I disable all LED On my two routers AX86U but when the weekly reboot happens, LED is on (but off on GUI admin) I need to on off on GUI for avoid this issue. I don't have this issue with official firmware.

Thank for your help ;)

Hello @RMerlin ,

Thank for your amazing work, I have little issue since multiple versions.

I disable all LED On my two routers AX86U but when the weekly reboot happens, LED is on (but off on GUI admin) I need to on off on GUI for avoid this issue. I don't have this issue with official firmware.

Thank for your help ;)
There seems to be a few separate threads on this issue, including my recent one here - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/disabled-leds-on-aimesh-node-keep-turning-back-on.86527/

Not tried stock so not sure if it is Merlin related.

Coming late to the party, upgraded from 386.5_2 to this version and it's excellent! Finally, 160MHz is usable and works as it should. Also enjoying Wireguard. Thank you, @RMerlin , fantastic work, highly appreciated!