What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Took a while. But it looks like ax58u and ax3000 finally caught up to 388.4

All my devices are either phones or computers, no IOT devices and no public IP to access any of them. My ISP does not provide public IPs so local network CCTVs etc cannot be accessed from WAN. This kernel panic issue has been happening since Feb 2022 https://www.snbforums.com/threads/sporadic-gt-axe11000-reboots-due-to-kernel-panic.77173/

Try reverting all your wireless settings to default or find recommended ones to use. I recall there was a setting that caused a crash.

Try reverting all your wireless settings to default or find recommended ones to use. I recall there was a setting that caused a crash.
I have, I did resets after upgrades and manually set them back again. They are all recommended settings, nothing special about the settings I use. The original cause was a kernel panic that still has no root cause.

I have, I did resets after upgrades and manually set them back again. They are all recommended settings, nothing special about the settings I use. The original cause was a kernel panic that still has no root cause.

You seem to be the only person reporting this. Unfortunately, this makes me think your router has a hardware issue. if it's still under warrantee, you can contact Asus. Otherwise you need to replace it at your own cost.

In that thread is see this:

And this is the point. I flashed my AXE11000 with 386.5 with that suggested fix included and got zero panics since that time. Neither I got any related warnings in the logs. The error completely gone. I can speculate 386.5 has this "AVS" feature disabled (by default?).
But recent reports that panic occurs again on 386.7 concern me. I saw you did some merges from ASUS sources into 386.7. Is it possible one of those turned "AVS" feature on somehow?

Try 386.5 and see if you are stable. If you are, then it's firmware. If not, I'd replace the router.

In that thread is see this:

And this is the point. I flashed my AXE11000 with 386.5 with that suggested fix included and got zero panics since that time. Neither I got any related warnings in the logs. The error completely gone. I can speculate 386.5 has this "AVS" feature disabled (by default?).
But recent reports that panic occurs again on 386.7 concern me. I saw you did some merges from ASUS sources into 386.7. Is it possible one of those turned "AVS" feature on somehow?

Try 386.5 and see if you are stable. If you are, then it's firmware. If not, I'd replace the router.
I've tried every version from before and after that version. It's been happening since that one version and has not stopped no matter what I do. Right now I've gone back to Asus stock and seeing if it persists.

I've tried every version from before and after that version. It's been happening since that one version and has not stopped no matter what I do. Right now I've gone back to Asus stock and seeing if it persists.
It may be time to play… This Whole Network is F.jpeg

Since upgrading my AX-86U to this firmware my secondary wan connection using a USB modem keeps going offline saying the dhcp server isn't functioning properly. I never had this issue on past firmwares and wan1 would stay connected as backup connection for weeks without any issue. What should I do to troubleshoot this?

Is it possible you have a power supply issue, either the power pack itself or whatever it's plugged in to? Not sure if that would cause a kernel panic but maybe it would if the circuits weren't getting sufficient power.

You challenge is to figure out what is in your environment configuration or device that is causing the crashes. While you are not alone, there are many more that don't have issues. I'd start by taking the most uncommon devices off line.

You challenge is to figure out what is in your environment configuration or device that is causing the crashes. While you are not alone, there are many more that don't have issues. I'd start by taking the most uncommon devices off line.
They are all just several iphones, samsung phones, and a few ipads. All recent models within 3 years or so. Now that I've been on stock, it has still been restarting so ugh... Might have to warranty it and get a replacement.

I would just like to say "thank you" for bringing this default setting change in "Roaming Assistant" to our attention.

My 3d printers all stopped working properly on my network after updating to this new firmware, and restarting / changing SSID's / etc didn't work. All I had to do is disable this setting and immediately all of printers starting working again properly as they were before updating to this firmware. These were to my knowledge the only devices on my network that started having issues, and it was extremely frustrating. Resetting to factory defaults was not an option that I was willing to do, nor would it have actually fixed the problem if this setting is enabled by default!

If anyone else is having network issues after this update, try messing with the Roaming Assistant setting.
Do you use Smart Connect or not ?

My printer stopped working...

I tried everything on my RT-AX86U

They are all just several iphones, samsung phones, and a few ipads. All recent models within 3 years or so. Now that I've been on stock, it has still been restarting so ugh... Might have to warranty it and get a replacement.

Good Luck !!