What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin said that ASUS hasn't yet released the source code. but might happen latter this year. but not imminent.

Tried a dirty upgrade to 3004.388.6_2 on my AX86U and was getting random wifi disconnects on my Samsung S23FE and my google smart clock off and on (with wifi ssid still showing in the list when it would disconnect) Had WPA2 and WPA3 Personal enabled and switched that back to WPA2 Personal and the router firmware back to the previous version 3004.388.6_0 and no more disconnects. Read a thread a few days ago about wifi mac randomization and another about samsung devices have issues recently but not sure which thing could of caused it as of yet.
Just recently switched the WPA2 to WPA2 / WPA3 Personal a few weeks before the update to 6_2 and all the issues started after 6_2 it seemed.
it seems i have the same problem but only with a hikvision camera
everuthing still on wpa2 personal but the camera keeps on disconnecting

So the two CVEs addressed with 388.6_2 are only DOS vulnerabilities, correct? DNSSEC security not compromised?

still i find it strange that 2 security updates are causing wifi disconnects.
i downgraded to 388.6 and everything seems stable again

see the before after and before
before very stable wifi, no disconnects(blue)
after 866.2 may disconnects(white)
now again 866 rock solid for days(blue)

1710854787574.png

Attachments

• 1710664807425.png
    1710664807425.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Anyone seen the thread on 388.7 alpha?

Hi, I upgraded GT AX6000 to the latest version. Every few hours the ethernet connection drops for a few seconds. I did a clean install to the latest version. Is there anyone experiencing this situation? Does anyone have a solution? Help please.. (I also tried different ethernet ports and got the same result. The cable model I use is Ugreen cat6a.)

Attachments

• ScreenShot Tool -20240317122453.png
    ScreenShot Tool -20240317122453.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 57
From what version to what version did you update to?

When was the last time you performed a full reset to factory defaults?

Do you have any other brand Ethernet cable Cat5e to try?

From what version to what version did you update to?

When was the last time you performed a full reset to factory defaults?

Do you have any other brand Ethernet cable Cat5e to try?
I upgraded from the previous version to version 388.6_2. After performing the upgrade, I turned off the device for 10 - 15 seconds and after turning it on, I reset it to factory settings. I made this happen two days ago.
I also have a Tplink Archer C4000 router. When I connect this device, I can connect with the same cable (ugreen cat6a) without any disconnection.

It may not be the cable. It may be the connector (i.e. 'tolerances').

it seems i have the same problem but only with a hikvision camera
everuthing still on wpa2 personal but the camera keeps on disconnecting

Tried a dirty upgrade to 3004.388.6_2 on my AX86U and was getting random wifi disconnects on my Samsung S23FE and my google smart clock off and on (with wifi ssid still showing in the list when it would disconnect) Had WPA2 and WPA3 Personal enabled and switched that back to WPA2 Personal and the router firmware back to the previous version 3004.388.6_0 and no more disconnects. Read a thread a few days ago about wifi mac randomization and another about samsung devices have issues recently but not sure which thing could of caused it as of yet.
Just recently switched the WPA2 to WPA2 / WPA3 Personal a few weeks before the update to 6_2 and all the issues started after 6_2 it seemed.
Same problem here on all family's Samsung smartphones (S20FE, S21) both 2,4 & 5 GHz
MAC Id is fixed in the smartphones (same as for the DHCP reservation and the device share it properly), I don't use random MAC
Everything is ok for Huawei Mate Pro10 & iPhone 12
Router RT-AX88U, back to 3004.388.6 everythings works properly again.

Last edited:
18 days and not one problem or log entry with latest 388.6-2 , guess I'm just lucky in the past week have transferred and downloaded a total of 48 tb . Thank you Merlin

Same problem here on all family's Samsung smartphones (S20FE, S21) both 2,4 & 5 GHz
Have you already tried completely removing the WiFi connections from the Samsung devices and re-entering them?

@RMerlin I know it's probably beyond the scope, but is there any chance you could add a scheduler for Aura RGB? For example, enabling it only after the set time (such as after 7PM, at night) or even additionaly, set a mode before an hour (e.g. static midday) and a dynamic one like Evolution at night. Thanks!

19 days and running rock solid.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 13-07-59 System Log - enhanced by Scribe.png

Have you already tried completely removing the WiFi connections from the Samsung devices and re-entering them?
I tried only with my S20FE (no changes), maybe next WE I'll try for all smartphones. Thank you!