What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Single AX86U on 3004.388.6_2.

Upgraded a few days ago and everything's fine till today when 5ghz wifi just disappeared. 2.4ghz continued to work so I didn't notice at first. On the Wireless Log page it showed 5Ghz was OFF. But on the router itself the LED for 5ghz was lit...

Rebooted the router and 5ghz came back. In the log I see a few things like

kernel: ^[[0;31mdhd_wfd_bind: wl0 wfd_idx -8 failure^[[0m

What does it mean? Is it related?

What is strange about it?

It's called DHCP DORA process - Discover, Offer, Request, Acknowledge. This is how DHCP works.
Thanks for the clarification.
What I find strange is that the PC in question does not appear in the DHCP leases table.
It should have had a temporary IP address and appear in this table like my other PCs.

Thanks for the clarification.
What I find strange is that the PC in question does not appear in the DHCP leases table.
It should have had a temporary IP address and appear in this table like my other PCs.
If Static (manual IP) it won't.

If Static (manual IP) it won't.
I don't get it.
My other devices are all in dhcp and when they are connected, they appear in the DHCP table for 86400 seconds.
Curiously, this device did not register in the DHCP table.

I don't get it.
My other devices are all in dhcp and when they are connected, they appear in the DHCP table for 86400 seconds.
Curiously, this device did not register in the DHCP table.
You didn't answer, is it static or not, either on the device or in the router?
If either, it won't appear...

No static address. The device is in DHCP mode.
THEN it IS weird!

Even with DHCP reservations it would show in the (System Log - DHCP leases) page...

I have an AX86U running the latest merlin and when checking the logs I only see the below message.

Mar 27 21:07:12 miniupnpd[13398]: accept(http): Too many open files

Any idea what could be causing this and is it anytthing to worry about?

I have an AX86U running the latest merlin and when checking the logs I only see the below message.

Use Search, it's your friend... ;)

Disable UPNP. If it is already disabled, try enabling and then disabling.

You didn't answer, is it static or not, either on the device or in the router?
If either, it won't appear...
If it's "Reserved" in the router (not set static in the device) DHCP still does the IP address assignment. When the router sees the MAC address as the device is connecting to the network it looks to see if you have defined a specific IP address for that device. You will see the device is just like any other DHCP assigned device in the "System Log" -> "DHCP leases" tab.

If it's "Reserved" in the router (not set static in the device) DHCP still does the IP address assignment. When the router sees the MAC address as the device is connecting to the network it looks to see if you have defined a specific IP address for that device. You will see the device is just like any other DHCP assigned device in the "System Log" -> "DHCP leases" tab.
Of course, and I wrote Static only case (by that DHCP off) that is not DHCP reservation; but you seem to have missed my next post... ;)

since i enabled PMF and switched to WPA2/WPA3 wifi is way more stable.
the only disconnects i get are comming from wifi camera's

this error appears before the disconnects(devices are locked to the main router so no aimesh switching)
i know this error has to do with some devices not handling wpa2/wpa3 correctly and the advice is to switch to WPA2 only
if i do that the other devices seem to get unstable
looks like a tradeoff. wpa2/wpa3 should make every device happy but it is not

i switched back to WPA2 personal to see if things are reproducably, let you know the outcome

kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

Last edited:
Hello All...

RT-AX88U user operating without issues at all on 386.4. Today I tried to go to 388.6_2 and it was pretty much a catastrophe. The router barely came up... several reboots without being able to get control of the router...I did a factory reset (hold WPS and power on)...eventually was able to get back to a login screen (although every new click took many seconds to register) and was able to quickly upload 386.4 again.

Back to normal operations.

Any ideas on how to upgrade (for security sake) to some stable version?

Could it be the version of AX88U that I have? What information could I provide to get some help troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
R

RT-AX88U user operating without issues at all on 386.4.
Please probvide mor information about your setup (in a signature).
Any scripts used? Etc....

You could try to save your settings that you can set up your router fast if something goes wrong.
After that try to reset BEFORE you flash 388.6_2. After resetting put in some few settings to reach the login page and flash from this point.
After that reset again to default and see if it works.

GOOD LUCK!

Hello All...

RT-AX88U user operating without issues at all on 386.4. Today I tried to go to 388.6_2 and it was pretty much a catastrophe. The router barely came up... several reboots without being able to get control of the router...I did a factory reset (hold WPS and power on)...eventually was able to get back to a login screen (although every new click took many seconds to register) and was able to quickly upload 386.4 again.

Back to normal operations.

Any ideas on how to upgrade (for security sake) to some stable version?

Could it be the version of AX88U that I have? What information could I provide to get some help troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
R
Try a reset from the Admin menu selecting the "Initialize all settings" option. There's several reasons why the update wouldn't take, including being too quick to log in, or leaving a usb drive connected. In fact, disconnect everything before you try again.

Thanks for the replies. I'll do a reset first and give it a shot. Nothing fancy here...no scripts, no external devices.
R

Today I saw that I have the new version available
RT-AX86U_3004_388.6_2, I currently have the AX86U_3004_388.6, my surprise is that after Internet about 4 or 5 times the update (uploading the file manually) the router restarts but at no time does it appear that I have the new version 2 , it's like the new one doesn't apply, has this happened to anyone?

Please doublecheck the softwarefile you' ve downloaded. Is it really the right one?