What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It probably has the same errors in the closed source wlceventd that I reported in the beta thread just before the final was released...

(Can't upgrade right now; maybe tomorrow night)

By HERE, I meant to really-physically here, as for my home.

Let's GO!

EDIT: Filthy upgrade from Beta 1 successful across all gear. No issues of the bat. Have done a full recycle of all the gear after about 20 mins and will let it settle in now. 100+ devices back on-line.

Everything checks out OK so far - DDNS good, VPN Director good, DNS Director good, IOT/Nest/TP-Link/Google devices all happy and re-connected. Will check incoming VPN later when I'm out and about.

Internet speed as expected.

View attachment 55769

View attachment 55773

As always, many thanks to @RMerlin and team.

Cheers.
I'm running similar things on my 86U-Pro..
Dirty flashed over the beta.

Similar outcome, too.
Incredible piece of software. Thank you Merlin and associates!

It probably has the same errors in the closed source wlceventd that I reported in the beta thread just before the final was released...

(Can't upgrade right now; maybe tomorrow night)
Making conjectures about what MIGHT be an issue (especially within closed source components) does not help. Please report back once you have upgraded.

(NOTE: wlceventd messages are typically not errors, but rather logging of WiFi clients disassociating and re-associating with network, especially when roaming from node to node with AiMesh.)

Dirty upgrade from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6 successful
Internet connection etc all okay.

Thanks for new release!!!

1000109829.jpg

2h, no more monitorong him for today.
Will report back for any issues if will rise.

Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models. This release focuses on merging new GPL code from Asus.

Exceptionally, this release also includes the RT-AX56U. While this device still remains "end of life", Asus provided GPL code for it, so I decided to release a firmware for that model as well.

Code:
3004.388.6 (20-Jan-2024)
  - NOTE: Since Asus provided GPL code for the RT-AX56U, this model
          will exceptionally be included with this release, despite
          still being considered being end-of-life.

- NOTE: Asus reworked the way SSL certificates are handled in
          24353.  The automatic conversion code does not always
          work properly, you might need to force your router
          to re-generate its SSL certificates by toggling the
          SSL mode on the DDNS page.

- NEW: Added ethtool to the firmware.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 388_24353.
  - UPDATED: nano to 7.2.
  - UPDATED: ncurses to 6.3.
  - UPDATED: OUI database used by networkmap and the webui.
  - FIXED: CVE-2023-48795 in dropbear.
  - FIXED: e-Learning category not always properly identified
           on the Classification/Stats page.
  - FIXED: Incorrectly report 2.4 GHz as being disabled when
           disabling 6 GHz on the GT-AXE16000.
  - FIXED: UPNP leases without a description would not appear
           on the Forwarded Ports page.

Please keep discussions on this specific release. This thread will eventually be locked once release feedback has died down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Upgrade from Beta to Final on AX86S went fine. No issues.

First time poster - long term user..
Have used asuswrt-merlin on various models since around 2016 and never had cause to post so apologies to be the 1st to state an issue with my 3004.388.6 upgrade.

Dirty upgrade from 3004.388.5 on AX88U Pro and AX88U (AP).
AX88U Pro was totally fine, no issues.
After flashing the AX88U showed the 2.4 and 5GHz channel LEDs lit solidly all other LEDs were off. Manual reboot a few times but no change. Couldn't get access to it so factory reset and uploaded .cfg but had the exact same issue.
Factory reset again, went through a fresh setup, re-downloaded and re-flashed the firmware, uploaded .cfg and it went back to the same state. Couldn't access via ethernet or wifi.
Factory reset again and rebuilt it. Thankfully not a huge issue with it being an AP. Just a lot of MAC addresses in wifi MAC filter..

I can only assume there was something in the previous config it didn't like? With it being an AP there wasn't much going on. Split 2.4 and 5GHz wifi and 1x 2.4GHz guest and 1x 5GHz guest.

Don't have a debug .cfg to share but if there's a way to clean up the backup I have, I'll be happy to post.
Otherwise happy to put it down to bad luck!

Any reason to up from last Beta to this?

All units updated working great:
AX88U Pro
AX86U
AX58U
Thank you :)

@scaramonga, yes.

Read the last two pages of responses here.

Welcome to the forums @fka.

Importing an old saved backup config file negates the full reset you were doing.

As nobody can effectively comment on what state your router was in, it is hard to say what the issue is/was.

All that is known for sure is that the router was not in a good/known state. And the newest firmware highlighted that fact.

@RMerlin thanks as always for all the work you do!

However first time I've had an issue in a LONG time ...

I did a dirty Upgrade from 388.5 on RT-AX86U, now my 4G USB stick which is my secondary WAN can no longer connect properly, it cycles continously on the GUI from being momentarily recognised to going "invisible" again, over and over. I enclose a OneDrive link to a log - look towards the end and you will see the cycles.

AX86U Log

Reverted to 388.5 and all is good again with the 4G USB stick and dual-WAN.

Anyone else having issues with USB 4G/5G sticks on 388.6?

Edit: Model of the 4G USB stick is Huawei E8372-320 (ex Telstra Australia)

Last edited:
UPGRADE FROM 15 days on Beta all working well on AXE 1100 AND AX 1100Pro thanks

Just upgraded from 388.5 and the interface was extremely slow. Now my internet is laggy and I am unable to access the interface, even after a hard power cycle.

GTAXE16000

Last edited:
Hey guys, i currently have a RT-AX86U on Firmware Version:386.7.

Can i directly upgrade to this new FW?
You can try, but I cannot guarantee that there won't be any issue when making such a large jump. Just be prepared to do a factory default reset if you notice any issues.

Upgraded from beta1 on my AX88U. Use a AX55 as wired AiMesh node. No issues. Thank you!