What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mine builds the database, and even seems to broadcast ok, but the transition to the new version is evident:
Asus updated to a newer version of minidlna, which contained a significant amount of changes versus the old version. The new version also include a completely new build mechanism to compile it.

I'll see later if I can find some time to try to reproduce it.

fyi, it was working fine on 388.5

Here is the output after upgrading to 388.6:
Code:
# tc qdisc show root
qdisc noqueue 0: dev lo root refcnt 2
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth1 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth2 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth3 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth4 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc htb 1: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 r2q 10 default 0 direct_packets_stat 5 direct_qlen 1000
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth5 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev spu_us_dummy root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev spu_ds_dummy root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth6 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth7 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc htb 1: dev br0 root refcnt 2 r2q 10 default 0 direct_packets_stat 2 direct_qlen 1000
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev wl0.1 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev wl1.1 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth1.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth2.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth3.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth4.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth5.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth6.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth7.501 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev br1 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth1.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth2.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth3.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth4.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth5.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth6.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev eth7.502 root refcnt 2
qdisc noqueue 0: dev br2 root refcnt 2
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev tun21 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
To keep this on-topic for the new release, disable/uninstall FlexQoS and check again. Then post the output of:
Code:
tc -s class show dev br0

To avoid flooding the changelog with content that would be relevant to a very small number of people, I generally try to stick with notes that might affects many users. Like in the case of the SSL certificate. For the dnsmasq issue, I never expected anyone to be doing that particular change, or at most a very small number of users, that's why I didn't include it (in fact I had even completely forgotten it had happened).

So, I generally pick and chose what to add and what to skip to keep the changelog a manageable size. This case just happen to be a very rare case that affected you specifically.

BTW, that error should have shown in your system log.
Thank you for responding. Fortunately, I did finally manage to figure it out on my own, even with my limited technical knowledge.

Yes, I did find the error in my system log, but only after I spent a long time figuring out how to access the system log at all, with the condition my network was in. Now that I read the alpha testing thread, I see several testers had this same problem then, and commented on how severe a problem it is. I also now see several regular users like me have discovered the problem in this release thread.

To keep this on-topic for the new release, disable/uninstall FlexQoS and check again. Then post the output of:
Code:
tc -s class show dev br0

I uninstalled FlexQoS

Here is the output:
Code:
# tc -s class show dev br0
output is attached

Still cannot see anything under classification:

1705956341318.png

Attachments

• output.txt
    68 KB · Views: 13
Thank you, this known problem should have been mentioned in the change log for people who do not follow alpha/beta testing. It would have saved me a lot of panic when the release completely broke my network.
any know how i can check that file what file path do it uses im a noob with ssh

minidlna working fine for me on a GT-AXE16000. I enabled it, let it finish its database, then streamed an mp3 to an Android tablet without any problem.

The minidlna web status page returns a "The request is invalid for this HTTP version.", which seems to be a bug in minidlna itself.

Updated RT-AX86U from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6.

I was requested to manually reboot to finish the update.

Updated RT-AX86U from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6.

I was requested to manually reboot to finish the update.
Update for my AX86U did not update correctly? I tried updating from .5 to .6 and then was requested to manually reboot to finish which I did. Then when I logged back into the router it says it's still version .5? I tried reinstalling .6 again and this time I turned the router off then back on when I was asked to manually reboot to finish the update. Unfortunately it's still showing version .5 :(

Last edited:
I am sorry, i don't understand your question.
What kind of traffic are you generating through the router after restarting QoS? It’s like nothing is being forwarded from WAN to LAN.

Have you accepted the Trend Micro EULA?

Code:
nvram show | grep ^TM

Just normal traffic (web surfing, streaming)
Sorry I amended my post right as you replied.

Have you accepted the Trend Micro EULA?
Code:
nvram show | grep ^TM

If I remember correctly, Asus only checks for Wifi 5 MU-MIMO, while I check for explicit Wifi 6 MU-MIMO (HE). My report is more accurate here.
For me it also works with an AX client on both reports. Guess it is device centric..?
Screenshot 2024-01-22 223305.png

I was asked to manually reboot

Wait a minute or two longer before you reboot. This message sometimes pops up too early.

any know how i can check that file what file path do it uses im a noob with ssh
The full path to the file I changed is: /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add
I removed the line: dns-forward-max=1000
I do not remember why I originally added that line, but I guess it was recommended by someone here to fix a problem I was experiencing at that time.

Asus updated to a newer version of minidlna, which contained a significant amount of changes versus the old version. The new version also include a completely new build mechanism to compile it.

I'll see later if I can find some time to try to reproduce it.

minidlna working fine for me on a GT-AXE16000. I enabled it, let it finish its database, then streamed an mp3 to an Android tablet without any problem.

The minidlna web status page returns a "The request is invalid for this HTTP version.", which seems to be a bug in minidlna itself.
No locale error in /jffs/minidlna.log? and log entries are not dated 1969? Concerned that the timestamp error may be carrying into the watch process... I'll need to load it again and test further. Web status page was working fine for me.

The full path to the file I changed is: /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add
I removed the line: dns-forward-max=1000
I do not remember why I originally added that line, but I guess it was recommended by someone here to fix a problem I was experiencing at that time.
guess i dont use that file
1705962301862.png

thx for pointing out tho