What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Failure.

Just bought a new RT-AX86U Pro out of the box today and it automatically updated to Asus firmware version: 3.0.0.4.388_23565

Tried to flash with: RT-AX86U_3004_388.7_0_pureubi.w

Error: "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

Any help would be most appreciated. I used DD-WRT on my last Asus and want to try Merlin on this new one :(

Failure.

Just bought a new RT-AX86U Pro out of the box today and it automatically updated to Asus firmware version: 3.0.0.4.388_23565

Error: "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

Any help would be most appreciated. I used DD-WRT on my last Asus and want to try Merlin on this new one :(
You need the file that matches your PRO model - look for the PRO one: RT-AX86U_PRO_3004_388.7_0.zip

Failure.

Oops got the pro version now and it worked. My bad.

Slick dirty upgrade from beta 2 to final...nice job, Eric!

Dirty upgrade to 3004.388.7 on all supported units. All stable and running smoothly.
Thanks for more excellent firmware.

Attachments

• Clipboard_04-26-2024_01.jpg
    Clipboard_04-26-2024_01.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 44
After a long testperiod on alpha and short testperiod on beta I am "dirty" on 388.7

Everything is up and running as expected.

THANKS to everyone for testing and BIG THANKS to RMerlin!

Reactions: MDM
Dirty upgrade from the beta and I think I have a problem. I cannot stream media from my STB to my Android tablet, something I do every morning while I wake up. I can access OpenWebif on the box in a web-browser, I just can't stream. I've rebooted both devices as well as the router and still the same. I'm going to do a reset/rebuild and see what happens.
I know, not like me to have a problem with a release.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from the beta and I think I have a problem. I cannot stream media from my STB to my Android tablet, something I do every morning while I wake up. I can access OpenWebif on the box in a web-browser, I just can't stream. I've rebooted both devices as well as the router and still the same. I'm going to do a reset/rebuild and see what happens.
I know, not like me to have a problem with a releas
I just did a dirty upgrade to 388.7

I tested a stream from my NAS to Lenovo P12 Pro tablet and had no issues.

Last edited:
I cannot stream media from my STB to my Android tablet, something I do every morning while I wake up.
What STB is it? I ´ve got a VU+ with openvuplus 3.0 and openwebif. Streaming with VLC at PC and dreamdroid at Android devices ok.
Did you restart your stb after updating your router?

Did you restart your stb after updating your router?
STB, Router and tablet. All rebooted. The box is a zgemma H.2H.
All sorted now after the rebuild, but I've lost a few hours on my uptime :eek:🤪

Thanks @RMerlin

Sadly for me this update doesn't want to play nicely with my router, namely GT-AXE16000

Upgrade from 388.6_2 rog to 388.7.0 rog

All I'm greeted with is "Please Wait, Applying Settings"

I left this run for a good 30-45min, having never come across such a strange issue when updating. All the internet around the home is working fine, without any issues.

So I powered down the router, unplugged power, left it probably for around 20 mins, and then came back to do the same install.

No prizes for guessing what is happening again, all whilst I type this message.

How rather annoying.

EDIT: Would like to quickly add that I have attempted updating with the non ROG version, but the same issue occurs.

All good here on RT-AX88U pro and RT-AX86U pro from 3004.388.6_2 to 3004.388.7
Thanks

Report after 12h- no issues.
Just working...

Tried to dirty flash from last beta, but something went wrong with updating and after manual reboot (as it said to do after update) it came up with the last beta firmware. Had to reset using the WPS method and got it updated.