What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.42_2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any reason the RT-AC66U 5517 havnt been merged

The reason i noticed was due to

wl0: Oct 25 2013 15:16:08 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)

wl0: Feb 12 2014 16:28:07 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)

i realise the version is numbered the same but it was compiled 4 months later
god knows if they have fixed anything..

Because when I upgraded to the 4422 driver people complained, so I reverted back to 2078 and stayed there.

5517 uses the same driver as 4422.

Because when I upgraded to the 4422 driver people complained, so I reverted back to 2078 and stayed there.

5517 uses the same driver as 4422.

i had issues with the upgraded driver, the one Merlin has in there now is the good one.

So thanks Merlin.

Hi Merlin,

I just updated from 374.41 to 374.42 on my N66U and added a Media Server Directory by clicking the "Apply" button, after that my mediaserver screen appeared in this manner (the top half suddenly disappeared). I tried using Firefox, IE & Safari, all producing the same result. How do I get the full screen back? Thanks.

[URL=http://s519.photobucket.com/user/oric-1/media/mediaserver_zps3d9dd2dd.png.html][/URL]

There's definitely a bug with the Media Server panel. I reflashed 374.42 without clearing the NVRAM and it still doesn't restore the full Media Server panel screen.

My last resort was to restore factory default and input all my settings again :(

The moment when I go to the Media Server panel to insert a media server directory, I encountered the same problem after I clicked "Apply".

Since I'm unable to add a directory this way, could any kind soul please advise me how can I do it via Telnet, please.

The directory I'm trying to add is /mnt/seagate/backup.

Thank you very much.

I'm unable to upgrade RT-N16 from version .40 on.
I'm getting bad version message although i've checked and confirmed the md5 of the trx.
How can i upgrade from console?

Thanks,
M

AC66U - clients list does not work. It just hangs on update. Reboot doesn't help.

Attachments

• client lst.jpg
    client lst.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 318
No issues with the client list on my ac668u. Wonder why some people have this issue and others don't. Strange...

I'm unable to upgrade RT-N16 from version .40 on.
I'm getting bad version message although i've checked and confirmed the md5 of the trx.
How can i upgrade from console?
Hi,

You can use the "ASUS RT-N16 Firmware Restoration version 1.9.0.2" for the ASUS support homepage in the section "Utilities".

But first make sure that you have downloaded and unzipped the right version of the firmware for your RT-N16 router! :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

There's definitely a bug with the Media Server panel. I reflashed 374.42 without clearing the NVRAM and it still doesn't restore the full Media Server panel screen.

My last resort was to restore factory default and input all my settings again :(

The moment when I go to the Media Server panel to insert a media server directory, I encountered the same problem after I clicked "Apply".

Since I'm unable to add a directory this way, could any kind soul please advise me how can I do it via Telnet, please.

Thank you very much.

I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix for this?
Also, my OpenVPN client (connected to my ISP's server) disconnects every 1 - 2 days

Hi merlin maybe can add feature like orginal asus wrt firmware update to new merlin version directly from internet?

Oddly enough, I get an error message when I try to upload the firmware for an AC-68U to my AC-66U... wonder why that is? :cool: /brainfart.

AFAIK the AC68 is ARM processor based and the AC66 is not, it is MIPS based and thus both models are not binary compatible. :D

anyone one else getting hang ups when changing settings?

I get processing......

guess i should quit changing things lol

AFAIK the AC68 is ARM processor based and the AC66 is not, it is MIPS based and thus both models are not binary compatible. :D
LOL yeah, not sure where my brain was, I guess I thought I had an AC-68U. Spent an hour trying to figure out why I was getting an error message, sheesh! :eek:

AC66U - clients list does not work. It just hangs on update. Reboot doesn't help.
It works fine on mine.
Would it be because you use an Apostrophe in both your SSID?

Well, nothing I can do about it, thanks to Apple's love of proprietary protocols that nothing but their own hardware uses/support.

I will check if with latest Asus firmware the same problem happen. If not,
can you check the differences between yours and theirs regarding Time Machine? I can test every test you build to help you reach this problem.

I know Apple's philosophy makes this even more difficult, but for many of us this is a very important feature.
Till alpha4 was working good, there must be something there.

It works fine on mine.
Would it be because you use an Apostrophe in both your SSID?

Of course not, had this SSID for years. Will try to re-flash...
__

Re-flashed .42 to .42 again - does not see any client in list.
Flashed back to .41 - all works perfectly.
Flashed .41 to .42 - does not work

Will stay on .41 until some fix

The same config, nothing was changed before of after flashing

Last edited:
Laptop has Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235. Was working fine with 374.41 on RT-N66U (as well as with previous versions).

Updated to 374.42 and upon reboot, the laptop would disconnect from the wireless network. I could reconnect manually with no problem, but upon reboot, it would disconnect again.

I tried updating and downgrading drivers, but nothing worked with 374.42. Continued disconnects upon laptop or router reboot. Downgraded back to 374.41..works perfectly.

There is something with 374.42 that causes disconnects upon reboot, at least with that wireless NIC.

Last edited:

Thank you very much.

Most likely cause is you have a volume that has a non-alphanumerical label, or a directory with weird characters in their names. Those are probably breaking the webui Javascript. If you open your webbrowser error console, it will point you at the line causing the error.

Hi merlin maybe can add feature like orginal asus wrt firmware update to new merlin version directly from internet?

No. First, that would require for me to rent a server to host the update data. And second, some people aren't fond of such auto-update features due to privacy concerns, especially with a third-party developers like me rather than from a well known company.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!