What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.42_2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just installed 374.42_2

On Advanced_WAN_Content.asp page, it does not toggle the rest of the page settings as it was before, when you toggle WAN Type selection box. Tried 3 different browsers. Both Cable and DSL still works but it is now a bit confusing now, if I had 2 DSL or 2 Cable, I wouldn't be able to configure them properly.

If somebody else mentioned this before, sorry... couldn't browse through all in this thread.

Anyone else is having this issue? Now on v374.43 still same...

Please advice.

This is a known issue caused by the way stock firmware uses the OpenVPN enable option in nvram. Asus always has that setting enabled, but rely on a different setting to determine if the OpenVPN server must be started or not. So when you switch to my firmware, that setting is properly used to enable/disable an instance, so it will end up enabled by default after switching from stock to my firmware.

It's unfortunate since the issue was created when they merged my OpenVPN code into the stock firmware, and changed the way this setting is being used.

Just disable it, and you'll be fine. Not much I can do about this unfortunately, short of changing to a different setting name, which will create a whole different set of problems (people who used to really have it enabled by default won't realize their server is no longer started by default until they re-enable it).
Forgive me for the N00B question, but I've just flashed with the 376.44 firmware and I am seeing openVPN running. However I don't see a way to disable it. Is there a specific step I need to take other than resetting to factory defaults? Also, if I do a factory reset, won't that restore me back to stock firmware?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Forgive me for the N00B question, but I've just flashed with the 376.44 firmware and I am seeing openVPN running. However I don't see a way to disable it. Is there a specific step I need to take other than resetting to factory defaults? Also, if I do a factory reset, won't that restore me back to stock firmware?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Go to the VPN server page. There's a dropdown menu where you can select between pptp and OpenVPN. Once set on OpenVPN there will be a large green switch set to On -set it to Off then hit Apply.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk