What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OPenvpn isn't included in RT-N16 build. You have to use entware for that.

If you re-read my message you will understand that it was a bugreport. OpenVPN client tab is not supposed to be there on N16.

P.S.
Is there any way to monitor each lan port state/test cable through console?

I borrowed a PCE-AC68 for testing purposes but I can connect to my AC56U using 5GHz band. Only 2.5GHz band connection is working. I can see both SSIDs using card utility.

I tried with several version of PCE-AC68 drivers, including the latest one (2.0.8.8), and with various 5GHz band settings on the router (including factory defaults) but no result.

What can be wrong?

LE: forgot to mention the OS - Windows 8.1 x64

LE1: Resolved by downgrading router to 374.43_2 and upgrading again to 376.45. Kind of clueless here because I reseted 376.45 to factory defaults already with no results...

LE2: Back to square one after running card utility in order to enable beamforming (was the shorter way than going to device properties...) Again, just 2.5GHz band is working for connections...

The problem was with the antennas position setup. Unless they are in a certain position there is no connectivity via 5GHz. Everything is working fain now. Lesson learned :)

If you re-read my message you will understand that it was a bugreport. OpenVPN client tab is not supposed to be there on N16.

P.S.
They have always been there but openvpn function is not working.
A bug is a implemented fuction not working or not working properly and it can regenerate every time.

Just wanted to say, those of you that say your signal is weak. I get one bar of 5ghz through 4 walls and 30-45 feet from the last wall to the pool that's across the street. Don't get me wrong you can't stream anything but you can post here.

All this on my 68r. Quite surprising. I do not see my 2.4 ssid in this location though. But I do have usb3 interference disabled so that maybe the issues there.

P.S.

Code:
robocfg showports

will show the port state and link rate.

A bug is a implemented fuction not working or not working properly and it can regenerate every time.

Actually, the OpenVPN pages shouldn't be shown if the firmware is built without OpenVPN support. There's code to that effect in state.js, however it's grown so complex over time that it's probably no longer working.

I just updated an AC56U to this firmware. Everything's running at default right now. Are there any settings I need to tweak or change for performance?

I remember a few versions back some people were sharing their settings which I found useful since some of settings are very 'technical.'

Yes that would be great If they share screens of there settings!

Skickat med Sony Z2 via Tapatalk pro

Hello everyone. I rt-n66u. firmware 374.43 everything works perfectly. firmware 376 - after the initial network configuration - start permanent reboot. Web interface does not respond. Nvram cleansed, did 30-30-30 reset. firmware tried to fill various (including through rekaveri) and original asus 3.0.0.4.376.1071 and builds Merlin 376.44 and 376.45 - same result: the router will start to cycle restarts after a few minutes. inside the router is worth the microSD which deployed entware. 376 can build something was not work with integrated controller card? check please anyone

Unable To Update To 376.45

I have a RT-AC66U which is currently running 376.44. Whenever I attempt to upgrade to 376.45, I get the error message "Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

I have downloaded / unzipped the firmware via a Mac OS and Windows . . have attempted to upgrade from both Mac OS and Windows . . . did a reboot and a reset of the modem . . . and have even tried to update the firmware via the recovery utility . . .

I am able to re-apply the v 376.44 firmware without issue . .

Help

:confused:

I have a RT-AC66U which is currently running 376.44. Whenever I attempt to upgrade to 376.45, I get the error message "Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

I have downloaded / unzipped the firmware via a Mac OS and Windows . . have attempted to upgrade from both Mac OS and Windows . . . did a reboot and a reset of the modem . . . and have even tried to update the firmware via the recovery utility . . .

I am able to re-apply the v 376.44 firmware without issue . .

Help

:confused:

Reboot the router with no USB disk plugged in. Also double check that you downloaded the correct model.

Excuse me, but no, there wasn't such tab on N16 in 374.43 and in earlier builds.
I have both N16 and AC66U and I know what I'm talking about

BTW here is the Feature list of N16 376.45 build
Code:
2.4G update usbX2 mssid switchctrl manual_stb 
ipv6 PARENTAL2 dnsfilter dualwan pptpd printer modem 
wimax HTTPS ssh webdav cloudsync media 
appbase [B]vpnc[/B] diskutility repeater nfsd user_low_rssi sparse
I cannot remember was vpnc or not in feature list in earlier builds but seems like it has not to be there

Code:
robocfg showports

will show the port state and link rate.
Thank you!

Last edited:
everything OK

For me, coming from 43.2 everything work great.
Wifi range is the same as before on 2.4, I keep 4ghz disabled.
Speeds by now seems good, but I only use wifi for web so I only need it to keep my 20/10 VDSL connection.
Minidlna seems to work right and so SAMBA..

Just picked up an RT-AC66R from bestbuy a couple of days ago and am mostly pleased with the router. It was an awesome upgrade from my OLD DGL-4500. Being that my whole home is wired with CAT6 I never had a real need for anything faster, beacuse my phones and tablets were just fine on it.. although range left something to be desired. Having finally bought myself a laptop (lenovo yoga 2 13) so that I could spend more time closer to the fam doing my nerdy things I do not actually need my desktop for, It was absolutely time for better WiFi.

I already knew of the merlin fw before purchasing it and after making sure the unit worked was the first thing I flashed to it. GREAT job merlin.. it filled in some blanks I honestly don't understand why Asus left (no names on DHCP reservations? I mean c'mon Asus) and added some very tasteful additions as well.

Never owning a dd-wrt compatible router before I figured I might as well check out what all the fuss was about. I flashed the most recent brainslayer followed by kong. It works great too.. but honestly it doesn't have much that that asuswrt doesn't OOTB and not anything I need. So with it not having hardware accel and lets be honest here.. the web gui, while functional, can't hold a candle to asuswrt's beautiful web gui. I am now back to merlins asuswrt. One thing I noticed that asuswrt can handle that dd-wrt can't is ecdsa ssh keys at least I couldn't get them to work. Since the rest of my LAN is locked down with them, I didn't like having to deal with a second set of keys.. or chaning a bunch of stuff in order for the 2 machines I want to have admin access to the router to have RSA keys.

I just got done going over merlins wiki and man.. I knew I could ssh/telnet into it, which is awesome, as it sits in a box mounted in a wall with a cover held on with screws. In the off chance it needs rebooted, or something goes wrong with settings ssh (that I can lock down with strong keys and disable passwords!) is there! So hopefully I dont have to get into the wall box a couple of times a year like I had to with my DGL-4500 in order to unplug/reset it. What I did not realize was just how customizable the underlying linux system is with jffs, usb and optware. From my early investigations it seems just as open to do with as you please as dd-wrt.

I tip my hat to asus for not trying to lock their own firmware down and TWO hat tips to merlin for taking an already great fw and making it better. Now.. I only have 12 days to decide if I want to take it back to BestBuy and get the 87
;)

Last edited:
OpenVPN setup?

I'm sure this has been asked before....

I just noticed that the OpenVPN Server setup in Merlin's firmware...is much more complex than stock Asus firmware is.

Can someone toss me a link to a updated guide on how to setup OpenVPN Server on Merlin?

I still have the stock generated "client" file that it exported before I went to Merlin Firmware...can I make use of that some how?

Last edited:
Flash 376.45 on both AC-68u.
Smooth as butter.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz all working.

Merlin, I'm not sure if it is possible, do you think you can include LACP on the
next update?

I hope you can do it on both AC-68u and 87u as I will be buying the 87u once it is out in Singapore.

Thanks

hello

Merlin, i have a question...For N66 ,is it possible to compile a sdk5 build with all new features and updates? old wifi driver + all new security, updates and features.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!