What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Howdy folks,

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 Beta 1 is now available for all supported models. The highlights of this build are the merge with Asus's 376_2678, and the addition of some beta features from Asus's own code.

• Merge with Asus GPL 376_2678. This includes updated DPI engine and Quantenna driver for the RT-AC87U, and various general fixes.
  • This beta enables SNMP support. This is a feature Asus has been recently working on, and it seems to work well enough to be enabled. One change I did over Asus's code is to add an option to disable WAN access through SNMP (by default WAN access is not enabled). SNMP can be configured under Administration -> SNMP.
  • To make room for SNMP, the AC56 and AC68 builds no longer include the Download Master packages. Instead, these will be downloaded over the Internet the first time you install it. The AC87U has a 64 MB firmware partition, so this isn't necessary for that model. All MIPS routers have plenty of room left.
  • Another experimental feature enabled is FTP and Samba-based cloud sync under AiCloud's Smart Sync. This feature is untested.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

MD5 checksums:
Code:
41307878cc21d17d2435a38428df23ea  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx
57cd30e18101b51a3a51b3cfb37739ae  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx
6d8bb60fdd41459a31b3f0ae1ce3eb17  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx
61e76abf3f2abdedc98763bda5aaabe2  RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx
a91f1992f692da6201f4fa5f2bdd6826  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx
35691797247df919c57d548bd3c56d2b  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.47_beta1.trx

I will install this on my 87r tonight, or tomorrow. But just want to say thanks before hand. Also my wireless bridge still randomly stops connecting to the 5ghz band with the .2678 asus release. So still room for improvement with the 5ghz wireless driver on the 87r.

there is no option for n+ac in the ac66u 5ghz wireless mode drop down list.

Edit
Much better throughput with this. I also find that when moving between my access point and router my client now picks up the router much faster.

Last edited:
On LAN-> IPTV Page i can't set to "Enable" two options,

Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)
Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)

When i try set options to "Enable" and press "Apply" button to Save changes, page refresh with "Disable" options.

My HW: RT-N66W

Last edited:
there is no option for n+ac in the ac66u 5ghz wireless mode drop down list.

That's normal. That option didn't even work, so it was removed.

That option makes no sense anyway. n+ac pretty much equals Auto.

Lost my external hard drive after updating. Rebooted router 3 times never came back online. Then lost VPN server, unable to connect.

Weird.

Reset/Clear NVRAM

Merlin,

I have 376.46 running now on the 87U. Should I do the nvram clear after loading this Beta 1?

Thanks - the 376.46 presently on the 87U is doing fine. I had some issues with startup - would connect WiFi, show it was connected to WAN but had routing issues. Removed my USB drives and it now works fine. I will try the USB drives after I load this latest release.

Lost every thing, cant connect to internet :( tried to rest still nothing :(

Damn cox. I guess my modem took a dump in the middle of all that. Everything back up. Router is working great

Just flashed this firmware on my RT-AC68U working good so far. :)

Flashed N66U all working good but 5ghz is odd.

Concoction stable and speed solid but range terrible.

One room (10 feet) away router shows two bars
Device shows 4 bars.
Double checked with laptop 5ghz same room.

There a clear drop going on here or incorrect values shown.

2.4ghz on the other hand shows normal strength.

Last edited:
Flashed N66U all working good but 5ghz is odd.

Concoction stable and speed solid but range terrible.

One room (10 feet) away router shows two bars
Device shows 4 bars.
Double checked with laptop 5ghz same room.

There a clear drop going on here or incorrect values shown.

2.4ghz on the other hand shows normal strength.

I tested this myself only with the AC68U and signal range has not changed. Maybe something pacific to the N66U.

I just did the flash to my AC87 and letting it burn in. I did see one strange thing at startup it ran my post-mount script just fine and that is where my nginx web server and squid kicks off from.

I see the post-mount script ran and the nginx service starting but squid did nothing. I started by hand and it worked just fine. I then rebooted one more time and everything came up fine. Must have been a timing issue after the flash.

I tested this myself only with the AC68U and signal range has not changed. Maybe something pacific to the N66U.

Could be.

Since it solid as a rock in both connection and speed it could be just incorrect display values giving a misleading report.

Doesn't appear to be a major problem.

Last edited:
I just did the flash to my AC87 and letting it burn in. I did see one strange thing at startup it ran my post-mount script just fine and that is where my nginx web server and squid kicks off from.

I see the post-mount script ran and the nginx service starting but squid did nothing. I started by hand and it worked just fine. I then rebooted one more time and everything came up fine. Must have been a timing issue after the flash.

Could be.

To be safe, you could add a sleep command in the mount script to give it time to settle.