What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't know if it can be of any help, but I attach my smb.conf, as I noticed that in all the shares user andrea is both listed as a valid and unvalid user which, even if I'm not a samba expert looks me strange.

For some reason, Asuswrt has always done that as far as I can remember. I also have the same here. I suspect one of the two must have priority over the other one, so that quirk never really got noticed. Might be worth investigating just out of curiosity, however it's not the source of your problem because I have the same here on my USB thumbdrive.

It looks like the ability to change user and folder permissions is totally gone. The only options available when I select a user or a share are to delete or modify the name or the password in case of the user or to modify or delete the folder in case of a folder.

Attached is what I see

The webui seems to be attempting to de-reference the wrong partition (i.e. the router thinks there's only one partition, but it tries to refer to the second one).

Is your disk formatted as GPT? I suspect it might be the firmware failing to skip the GPT system partition when counting the number of partitions the disk has.

Hello Merlin,

Yesterday i compilled new FW , and try it.
Strange situation, after reset nvRAM and Settings in router to FW default, i see router name in my Network places ( i think everythink is allright ).
But when i upload my configuration file ( i have one config *.CFG with my own settings ) situation with SAMBA errors in log starts again.

I long time use this configuration file with no issue. Could you say, Configuration file format changed ? If it's true for me is no problem to set up and save new one for future use.

Today i try to setup system by hand and i say SAMBA and NETWORK Share Name is visible or not.

My vote: I think you can keep the (Merlin Build) string. It can't hurt to make it obvious to find. Some people may overlook the logo. Additionally, I like the logo in the UI.

Another thing. I'm finally starting to like my Asus RT-AC87U since the 48_beta1 & now beta2 firmwares Merlin. Thanks! I've been turning on functionality that used to hang Internet connectivity again and it's working. Things like Adaptive QoS and Ai Protect as well as the USB 2.0 drive. After confirming good stability, I may back off my automated reboots from daily to weekly or maybe monthly. I doubt I'll ever completely stop the automated reboots, because computers like to be rebooted every once in awhile because only perfect people write perfect code.

When you save the settings on a page, all settings on that page must be validated, as they all need to be applied to the router.

You can change the AiCloud port on the AiCloud settings page. It defaults to 443, while the HTTPS management interface usually defaults to 8443.

Thanks Merlin, but unfortunately ap mode doesn't even give me the AiCloud settings page. Seems like I'll have to change it to another mode temporarily in order to make the change and then see it back to ap mode.

The webui seems to be attempting to de-reference the wrong partition (i.e. the router thinks there's only one partition, but it tries to refer to the second one).

Is your disk formatted as GPT? I suspect it might be the firmware failing to skip the GPT system partition when counting the number of partitions the disk has.

RMerlin, I can confirm I'm seeing the same behavior in beta1 (haven't tried beta2 as I reverted back to .47).

I have a 4tb GPT formatted disk attached to the system via USB3 for sharing.

I am running the latest beta version on RT-AC87U, I found one bug is that the wizard page does not change the default password of the router, I need to change it in the manual page.

RMerlin, I can confirm I'm seeing the same behavior in beta1 (haven't tried beta2 as I reverted back to .47).

I have a 4tb GPT formatted disk attached to the system via USB3 for sharing.

The bug is indeed related to disks that have an unmounted partition, such as GPT disks. This is a new bug introduced by Asus in 376_2769, I will have to revert the disk management UI code back to 376_2678.

2769 is a mixed bag so far - it fixed some issues, while introducing new ones like the NTP and this disk management issues.

I won't be to much help other than maybe verification. I'm another user that moved from .47 to the .48 beta 2 and could no longer see the samba share. Media server was working fine but couldn't see from Windows. I went back to .47 and everything was fine again.

No, I checked with gparded, it is formatted ext4 and the partition format is msdos (i partitioned it in Linux).
Sda1 is a swap partition I enable in the S95transmission script. Enabling the swap in a post-mount script can make the difference?

No, I checked with gparded, it is formatted ext4 and the partition format is msdos (i partitioned it in Linux).
Sda1 is a swap partition I enable in the S95transmission script. Enabling the swap in a post-mount script can make the difference?

That's pretty much the same situation as with a GPT partition layout: you have two partitions, only one of them is mounted as a standard filesystem.

I won't be to much help other than maybe verification. I'm another user that moved from .47 to the .48 beta 2 and could no longer see the samba share. Media server was working fine but couldn't see from Windows. I went back to .47 and everything was fine again.

Need more details:

- What's the Windows version?
- Can you access it by manually entering \\192.168.1.1\ (change to whatever is your router's IP)
- How are your shares configured on the router?

Need more details:

- What's the Windows version?
- Can you access it by manually entering \\192.168.1.1\ (change to whatever is your router's IP)
- How are your shares configured on the router?

Something Happened to me, What I did was to reset to factory defaults and set everything again, and then it worked as expected, Mine is a AC56U

Something Happened to me, What I did was to reset to factory defaults and set everything again, and then it worked as expected, Mine is a AC56U

Another user also had the same experience, where it went back to normal after a factory default results. I was curious to see what might have been the actual cause.

Merlin,
I try to setup all settings by hand.
but it doesn't help.
Somewhere between steps when i connect my flash drive with entware install i got errors again
i think about "wrong with my entware installation",
i disconnected my entware disk ( my data HDD stay connected ) and restart router , but i again start receive error logs in syslog.

This usually indicates something is causing a Javascript error, breaking the webpage code. Open your browser console, then check what line contains the error.

When I went to bring up developer tools the menu was greyed out which usually happens when JS code and the browser is still busy. I let it sit for what seemed to be about a minute and the page painted today. After that it would take about 15 to 20 seconds before the information would load. A few times I received the message about a long running JavaScript to continue or cancel. Also a few times I would get the data but no navigation tabs or headers.

RMerlin
Please correct new timezones for Russian region, if it is not difficult.
And a couple of minor notes after update to 376.48_beta2 on RT-N16 when connecting to GUI over https in Opera(Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64):
1) In Network Map monitoring module not work(always show 0% for CPU and RAM). In previous version 376.47, monitoring work properly.
2) Switching to Advanced_OperationMode_Content page cutting parts of GUI. Sample:
get.php

In Waterfox 32.0.3 all GUI elements work properly.

RMerlin
Please correct new timezones for Russian region, if it is not difficult.
And a couple of minor notes after update to 376.48_beta2 on RT-N16 when connecting to GUI over https in Opera(Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64):
1) In Network Map monitoring module not work(always show 0% for CPU and RAM). In previous version 376.47, monitoring work properly.
2) Switching to Advanced_OperationMode_Content page cutting parts of GUI. Sample:

In Waterfox 32.0.3 all GUI elements work properly.

Opera being kind of an oddball in 2014 with maybe 1-2% of market share. It's not something I feel like devoting time to test and debug, sorry. AFAIK, it works properly with every single major browsers out there.

The timezone data in Asuswrt has a lot of obsolete info, and fixing them would require modifying nearly 20 different files, which would then make it next to impossible to keep these in sync with Asus. Therefore any updated timezone data will have to come from Asus themselves.

That's pretty much the same situation as with a GPT partition layout: you have two partitions, only one of them is mounted as a standard filesystem.
This configuration worked up to now with no problem at all. Using transmission a swap partition is a must, otherwise when transferring large files you get out of memory errors with unpredictable results.
Do you think that the web UI gets confused trying to set-up the wrong partition? I Own a dsl-n66u on which asus allows to set a swap (don't kow if partition or file) directly from the Web UI. A feature they should add even to their routers.

Opera being kind of an oddball in 2014 with maybe 1-2% of market share. It's not something I feel like devoting time to test and debug, sorry. AFAIK, it works properly with every single major browsers out there.

The timezone data in Asuswrt has a lot of obsolete info, and fixing them would require modifying nearly 20 different files, which would then make it next to impossible to keep these in sync with Asus. Therefore any updated timezone data will have to come from Asus themselves.

Ok, it's not too important for me. Thx for response.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!