What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This configuration worked up to now with no problem at all. Using transmission a swap partition is a must, otherwise when transferring large files you get out of memory errors with unpredictable results.
Do you think that the web UI gets confused trying to set-up the wrong partition? I Own a dsl-n66u on which asus allows to set a swap (don't kow if partition or file) directly from the Web UI. A feature they should add even to their routers.

Took me two nights of digging through the new USB handling code that Asus implemented in 376_2769, but I should have at least a working workaround now.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commit/0843f3ed7243eb00d6852f468ca0dbdd55d01a64

Basically, Asus enumerates all partitions, but when trying to access the list, it only counts those that are mounted, so the two indexes don't match.

RMerlin
Please correct new timezones for Russian region, if it is not difficult.
And a couple of minor notes after update to 376.48_beta2 on RT-N16 when connecting to GUI over https in Opera(Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64):
1) In Network Map monitoring module not work(always show 0% for CPU and RAM). In previous version 376.47, monitoring work properly.
2) Switching to Advanced_OperationMode_Content page cutting parts of GUI. Sample:
get.php

In Waterfox 32.0.3 all GUI elements work properly.

I had the same issue with google chrome twice. Fixed itself after I logged out and logged back in. I was applying some setting before it happened.

What operating system? Here's instructions for Vista and 7...http://blogs.technet.com/b/ferris/archive/2010/05/03/howto-enable-telnet-in-windows-7-and-vista.aspx

I hate to post jack RMerlins thread. In the router go to Admin-System-Select Telnet Button-Apply Setting.

To access the router from your computer.
In the search feature of windows type in Telnet.
Click on the Telnet Icon. Telnet window will open.
Type: o 192.168.1.1 ( follow password prompts).

You are now into the belly of the beast.

Thanks John for the tutorial.

Last edited:
Hi,

with last beta, this monitor not working

:(

That meter has always been quirky, it't nothing new to 2769. The only 2-3 times it wouldn't work for me, it would start working after simply reloading the page. Enabling Apps Analysis at the top should also help.

That meter is part of the closed-source TrendMicro code BTW.

What operating system? Here's instructions for Vista and 7...http://blogs.technet.com/b/ferris/archive/2010/05/03/howto-enable-telnet-in-windows-7-and-vista.aspx

I hate to post jack RMerlins thread. In the router go to Admin-System-Select Telnet Button-Apply Setting.

To access the router from your computer.
In the search feature of windows type in Telnet.
Click on the Telnet Icon. Telnet window will open.
Type: o 192.168.1.1 ( follow password prompts).

You are now into the belly of the beast.

Thanks John for the tutorial.

Thank you. This worked perfectly. Hopefully I can give back.

My biggest issue is wifi signal around home

Hi Merlin, I'm still facing some troubles on boot with .48beta2: it seems my WAN takes some time to be really connected. The NAT loopback problem never occurred anymore, but I can't figure what is going on. I re-enclose here the log for my two last boots: in the first case the WAN was not accessible and I needed to restart it; in the second case it started, but it took quite a long time. By yout opinion, is there something wrong on the log?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• syslog.zip
    14 KB · Views: 174
How wifi signal 2.4ghz in this latest build?Strong lik 374.43 build or low?

The wifi signal will be same. Unless Asus updates the wireless driver, it will always be the same. Merlin has no control over the wireless driver being it is a closed source driver.

If there is no reference of an updated wireless driver in Merlin's changelog then don't expect the signal to be better.

Thanks. I hope that asus too will apply your patch in next releases

My workaround is probably not the cleanest way of fixing it. A real fix would require fixing the currently flawed design, what I do is simply tell the firmware to not skip unmounted partitions when building up the list, so that the index will match.

In any case, Asus knows where my Github repo lives. <shrug>

Hi Merlin, I'm still facing some troubles on boot with .48beta2: it seems my WAN takes some time to be really connected. The NAT loopback problem never occurred anymore, but I can't figure what is going on. I re-enclose here the log for my two last boots: in the first case the WAN was not accessible and I needed to restart it; in the second case it started, but it took quite a long time. By yout opinion, is there something wrong on the log?

Thanks in advance

The only thing I see in the log is your PPPoE connection was terminated after 3.5 minutes. I'd start by looking at your modem, as I'm not aware of any PPPoE change or related issue in 376_2769.

BTW, it's very strange. I rebooted the router another time and this time I was 15 min, before restart my WAN connection. Before restart the WAN, this is the situation I had (check the files enclosed; as you can see in WAN.png I was correctly connected and also my tray icon on PC reported I had no connection issue). When I restart the WAN, the connection to internet was restablished. With .47 and previous version I never had such problems with WAN connection, and it was always in PPPOE.

What could it be related to such issue? I didn't try to revert back to .47, but I'm quite sure the problem will not ocur in that case

Attachments

• route.zip
    337 bytes · Views: 148
  • syslog.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 140
  • WAN.png
    WAN.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 275
Hi again Merlin, I need to add something odder to my scenario; when I reboot the router I check that anly the router has the access to the WAN and all the clients are stucked with no internet access! I checked it with w3m by SSH connection. If I restart the WAN, than all the clients would be able to access to internet. I'm quite aware the WAN restart is not directly related to the clients-WAN connection, but I cannot understand what could be the problem here. I'm really confident it never happens with .47 and previous versions. I attached another image with the client status; the strange thing is that it remains the same after the WAN restart...nothing changes...

HELP!

Attachments

• WAN_1.png
    WAN_1.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 278
Hi Merlin, I can not set static DNS (fooldns) internet 3g dongle.
With tomato shibby work.
Help me.
router rt-n16.

VLAN's

Hi merlin, got a question i'm using your firmware (first 47 now beta2) on a AC87u and got some problems with building up a VLAN for my fiber connection.

Internet goes over VLAN6 so I go to lan > iptv and set it to manual then I fill in Internet ID is 6 and prio 0. But it won't make any connection what so ever, i'm getting PADO timeouts. When I put my fiber modem in bridge mode and build up a PPPoE session I can login and it works fine (router gets a WAN IP) so i know it's not the login that's giving me troubles.

Is there any way to make sure the VLAN on WAN is 6? and tagged and untagged?

Hi merlin, got a question i'm using your firmware (first 47 now beta2) on a AC87u and got some problems with building up a VLAN for my fiber connection.

Internet goes over VLAN6 so I go to lan > iptv and set it to manual then I fill in Internet ID is 6 and prio 0. But it won't make any connection what so ever, i'm getting PADO timeouts. When I put my fiber modem in bridge mode and build up a PPPoE session I can login and it works fine (router gets a WAN IP) so i know it's not the login that's giving me troubles.

Is there any way to make sure the VLAN on WAN is 6? and tagged and untagged?

No idea, I don't have any experience with VLANs. See what's available on the IPTV page.

Also, please don't hijack threads. This thread is for tracking down any new issue introduced with 376.48 Beta 2, not for general support requests.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!