What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try via the URI to no avail. I am working on the debug mode thing but am not having alot of luck. It isn't clear to me whether I need to define a user on the SAMBA page with the same name/password as my Windows userid to get it to work or whether it should "just work". I posted my Samba settings page. Any comments on whether that looks right or not? I also see odd messages on the putty console when I try to start smbd in debug mode that suggest that I need to somehow stop the existing instance of smbd before using the command you posted. Is that the case? If so, how do I do that exactly?
--
bc

I have 376.47 i dont have to factory reset to update correct, last time i did it cause i was coming from 372.31 correct?

I did try via the URI to no avail. I am working on the debug mode thing but am not having alot of luck. It isn't clear to me whether I need to define a user on the SAMBA page with the same name/password as my Windows userid to get it to work or whether it should "just work". I posted my Samba settings page. Any comments on whether that looks right or not? I also see odd messages on the putty console when I try to start smbd in debug mode that suggest that I need to somehow stop the existing instance of smbd before using the command you posted. Is that the case? If so, how do I do that exactly?
--
bc

If smbd is already running then I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to access your shares.

Yes, you need to re-create the same username and password as the Windows client if you don't want to have to enter it manually. However are you even reaching a stage where it asks for a username? If you are, then that's not the same thing as "not working".

Due to an architectural change by Asus, I had to remove my custom NAT loopback code (that didn't work at all anymore) and replace it with Asus' own NAT loopback code, which is flaky, but works for most users.

Try either disabling HW acceleration, or ensuring that Dual WAN is not enabled as temporary workarounds.

I know Asus fixed NAT loopback issues in 376_3602, but the source code isn't available yet so I don't know how/if it's really fixed.

376_3602 is now available in case you didn't already new that. ;)
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?slanguage=en&m=RT-AC66U&os=8

376_3602 is now available in case you didn't already new that. ;)
[...]

Just one note:
support.asus.com said:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.3602
For US and TW only.

It is a strange thing that it's only for US and TW. I have read about some strange behaviors on EU models with this firmware applied.

Just one note:

It is a strange thing that it's only for US and TW. I have read about some strange behaviors on EU models with this firmware applied.

From what I can gather, it wasn't intentional - it's a bug that was introduced in 3602 and which only affects EU users. That's why the notice "US and TW only" was only added a few days later, once the bug was discovered.

As for the NAT loopback, I have to wonder if the GPL released is the correct one. The NAT loopback rules generated when I flashed the 3602 firmware do not match what I see in the source code (which is the same NAT loopback code as found in 2769).

Hi all,

I know apple isn't having the best time at the minute with IOS8 however at the moment on my iPad when trying to watch Twitch.TV streams I am getting buffering all the time. I don't get this buffering on my PC however, this is with a full wifi signal on the iPad at 5Ghz as well.

I have enabled EEE 802.11h support and the 5Ghz wifi is set as follows;

N only
Channel 56
40Mhz
WPA 2 Personal

Not sure if it is the iPad, Twitch or the wifi that is the problem.

No I am not getting prompted for any userid or password. I see an icon in the network folder representing the RT-AC68U. When I click on that I end up looking at an empty folder. None of the folders on the USB drive show up.
--
bc

DM is updated to 3.1.0.94 with 376.48 but...
It is full of shirt again & again & again...

Linked Magnet & torrent links as usual and Voila: Format is not Supported !:eek:

Are you kidding me ?

Why the f*ck they don't try out the new version of the programs they created ?
Typical ASUS... 1 step forward, 2 steps back or don't work at all !!!

Linked Magnet & torrent links as usual and Voila: Format is not Supported !:eek:

Never used Asus Download Master but just got me a shiny new USB Drive to hook up and use Download Master. What a waste.

Why ASUS? WHY!

Last edited:

Never used Asus Download Master but just got me a shiny new USB Drive to hook up and use Download Master. What a waste.

Why ASUS? WHY!

Sorry... it was My Bad :eek:

Just got a new Verbatim HDD who did came with FAT32 ! (for MAC integration purposes)
Obviously FAT32 is NOT Supported on 4GB or bigger files...
My bad :(

Did a NTFS Format on the drive and now the DM 3.1.0.94 works.
We did get used to accuse ASUS for everything but this time it was my Sh*t !

I really like this Router & the ASUS Brand but sometimes they do make all of us CRAZY... sometimes :rolleyes:

I just got an AC87U and I'm really excited to get to put it through it's paces! I'm going to replace the default firmware (3.0.0.4.376_2769) with the latest Merlin one (can't believe the default firmware doesn't use DHCP hostnames in it's list!). Would this require a factory reset? I've just finished setting everything up and don't want to go through that all again...

I just got an AC87U and I'm really excited to get to put it through it's paces! I'm going to replace the default firmware (3.0.0.4.376_2769) with the latest Merlin one (can't believe the default firmware doesn't use DHCP hostnames in it's list!). Would this require a factory reset? I've just finished setting everything up and don't want to go through that all again...

You can try it , if it gives you problems then a reset is worth a try.

EDIT: On another note: MY iPad air 2 with 5GHz, well I have the air 2 on my 2.4GHz band and my 87R has performed just outstanding to this day since. Waiting for an apple ios update before I move the air to my 5GHz again. (just for reference my air 2 would kill my 5GHz on my RT-AC87R within 24 hours, meaning my router's 5GHz light and wifi signal will be just shut down, I moved the air to the 2.4GHz and NEVER had this problem at all, I also have a iPhone 6 and a 6 plus that both use the 5GHz without any issue, with the same ios 8.1 on all 3).

Last edited:

Shouldn't be necessary, especially since 376_48 is also based on the 376_2769 GPL and wifi driver.

I just got a AC87 that came with fw 3.0.0.4.376_2769 out of the box. Is it still advisable to upgrade to the latest Merlin fw. Which changes and fixes are made in comparison to my routers current fw?

Is this ootb fw okay or still buggy.

When setting up this router for the first which settings that influence wireless performance and range should be made?

I found a problem in this firmware release.
If I get the page "Other settings" (http://router/Tools_OtherSettings.asp) this is showed correctly in the browser, but the www httpd service exit abnormally.

I have to restart it using "service restart_httpd" command.

I recently bought the AC68U (this is my model used), maybe my first firmware was the .45 or .47 (before I was a N66U users, and obviously I didn't migrate settings) so my setting aren't "old", and the aren't created many firmware release ago..

I found a problem in this firmware release.
If I get the page "Other settings" (http://router/Tools_OtherSettings.asp) this is showed correctly in the browser, but the www httpd service exit abnormally.

I have to restart it using "service restart_httpd" command.

I recently bought the AC68U (this is my model used), maybe my first firmware was the .45 or .47 (before I was a N66U users, and obviously I didn't migrate settings) so my setting aren't "old", and the aren't created many firmware release ago..

Can you post a screenshot of the complete page? I want to see if it crashes just before displaying a specific element - that would give me a pointer as to where it's crashing.

Can you post a screenshot of the complete page? I want to see if it crashes just before displaying a specific element - that would give me a pointer as to where it's crashing.

Page is totally loaded..
Thus, this is what I see :)

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 398
problem with port forwarding

There is something wrong with port forwarding. I have forwarded ports to my synology NAS server for synchronisation. I have configured my devices to connect using my external IP address. When I am connecting outside my network, it works fine - ports are forwarded. But using the same configuration (external IP) does not work when I am at local network. It worked fine on 376.47

updated from 376.47. All looks good it seem i even got few extra mbit out of the AC66U with QOS on.

I did notices this in system log

Nov 14 15:51:09 crond[359]: time disparity of 2035970 minutes detected

I am assuming this has to do with cron jobs? I checked with Putty and the Cron job ( reboot ever thursday @ 6am) is still there tho.

There is something wrong with port forwarding. I have forwarded ports to my synology NAS server for synchronisation. I have configured my devices to connect using my external IP address. When I am connecting outside my network, it works fine - ports are forwarded. But using the same configuration (external IP) does not work when I am at local network. It worked fine on 376.47

The problem is not with the port forwards, it's with the NAT loopback.

Status
Not open for further replies.