What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's why it's not enabled in the regular builds - it's still a work-in-progress from Asus. Try enabling Apps Analysis under AiQoS -> Bandwidth Monitor and see if it helps.
nope. it didn't help.

If it still fails, try accessing the page an hour or two later, after it has started gathering some data.
i gave him 8h with no luck :)

Also note that this feature requires the JFFS2 partition to be enabled (one of the reasons why it's now enabled by default - you DID do a factory default reset when you first installed the beta, right?).
of course :) this issue was related to missing TrendMicro license agreement, who was disappeared right after turn analyzer on. After next factory reset this agreement shows up and now this feature works fine. Thanks for pointing me to right track :)

If I do a Save Setting can I restore that after I do that firmware upgrade? (on a RTN 66U)

You should be able to use the utility described in the thread below to save your settings, and then restore them after the upgrade. I had a new router, so I ended up manually moving configuration info over from a router that was running different firmware.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=19521

John
I don't think Merlin recommends using that utility after this upgrade. From his original post in the 378.50 Beta 1 thread - note his emphasis of "MANUAL."

"This build introduces a pretty long list of changes. Due to some of these changes Asus did (and I took the opportunity to add a few more of my own in the same direction), a factory default reset is required, followed by a MANUAL reconfiguration of your settings."

DST Setting Bug

There looks to be a bug in the DST section. I cannot configure the router for DST end on March 8, 2015.

I am using a RT-AC66U running the 378.50_beta2

There looks to be a bug in the DST section. I cannot configure the router for DST end on March 8, 2015.

I am using a RT-AC66U running the 378.50_beta2

Try this work around.

Switch to Indiana time then apply.
Now switch back to your preferred time zone enter 3month 2nd Sun 2hr = March 8th. Then apply.

version

Sorry RMerlin, i am a little confused. If the first and last digits matter, then your 378.50 firmwares are running an older quantenna driver as 378.50 carries v36.7.0.31.

Hi,

That were I that wrote that reply but maybe someone that are still using the 49_5 build can confirm that the version for the Quantenna driver. I'm not sure if the version number starting with 37 is a typo mistake.

regards,
Christian

Sorry RMerlin, i am a little confused. If the first and last digits matter, then your 378.50 firmwares are running an older quantenna driver as 378.50 carries v36.7.0.31.

It's newer. The previous one was v36.7.3.23. As I said, the last digit is what matters here.

Hi,

That were I that wrote that reply but maybe someone that are still using the 49_5 build can confirm that the version for the Quantenna driver. I'm not sure if the version number starting with 37 is a typo mistake.

regards,
Christian

That's correct - it was a typo on Asus's changelog. Asus' latest firmware uses v36.7.0.31.

That's why it's not enabled in the regular builds - it's still a work-in-progress from Asus. Try enabling Apps Analysis under AiQoS -> Bandwidth Monitor and see if it helps.

If it still fails, try accessing the page an hour or two later, after it has started gathering some data.

Also note that this feature requires the JFFS2 partition to be enabled (one of the reasons why it's now enabled by default - you DID do a factory default reset when you first installed the beta, right?). Asus is starting to make use of that partition for various features now. Traffic Analyzer is one. The (still unfinished) custom icon selection on the networkmap will be another.

Thanks!

This is just what I need. After activate Apps Analysis and wait one hour until next measurement, Traffic Analyzer is working for me.

Possible regression in encryption code? OpenVPN in Beta1 used to be distributed accross both CPU cores on my AC68P. Now one core sits at 95% the other at 20% when the VPN interface is in use.

Last edited:
Dears, the analyzer was working from the beginning!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you again, RMerlin!! I hope that you will include in the final 50 this feature not only in betas...[emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@RMerlin

Traffic Analyzer - Traffic Statistic works

Attachments

• tr1.jpg
    tr1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 704
Not work with my AC87U :(

Like RMerlin stated before in some posts,

Also note that this feature requires the JFFS2 partition to be enabled (one of the reasons why it's now enabled by default - you DID do a factory default reset when you first installed the beta, right?). Asus is starting to make use of that partition for various features now. Traffic Analyzer is one. The (still unfinished) custom icon selection on the networkmap will be another.

FTP not booting

The FTP server doesn't start at boot time, but if I shut it down and then re-enable it in "FTP Share" it works all right. Could it be related somehow to the restore script I've used when I flashed 378.58_beta2? (I've done a factory reset before the script)

Last edited:
Possible regression in encryption code? OpenVPN in Beta1 used to be distributed accross both CPU cores on my AC68P. Now one core sits at 95% the other at 20% when the VPN interface is in use.

OpenVPN is single-threaded, so it can only use one single CPU. The fix in Beta 1 simply made OpenVPN server/client #1 run on the second CPU, so the first CPU could be loaded with handling the actual NAT/network traffic.

There has been no changed to it in beta 2. Make sure you do run Server or Client 1 to ensure it gets run on the second core.

Sorry if I not post in the right topic.

Someone knows if AiCloud will comes with multi users?

Asus is the one that should be asked. I have no control over this feature.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!