What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus AC66U ver 378.50.
USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk
While changing access permissions for one user - the access permissions is change for all other users. So, if I add for admin right to Read and Write for /jffs these rights will have all users.

Asus AC66U ver 378.50.
USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk
While changing access permissions for one user - the access permissions is change for all other users. So, if I add for admin right to Read and Write for /jffs these rights will have all users.

Can't reproduce the issue here, working as expected for me.

Two mitigating steps you can take:

1. Clear the browser cache/history (it then works for some period before you have to repeat the step.

2. Change your DNS settings on your computer/laptop, not to use the router as the default DNS server (thus for example, 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS server and then use the router as the secondary one).

Just tried the bolded suggestion and nothing changed. Still same issue for me :(

Greetings to all members.

My first post here. Just got the Asus N66U (B1 revision) and flashed Merlin's 378.50. All went well. I was wondering though...does Merlin's firmware also update the CFE ? If yes how can I revert to stock CFE in case I need to ?

Greetings to all members.

My first post here. Just got the Asus N66U (B1 revision) and flashed Merlin's 378.50. All went well. I was wondering though...does Merlin's firmware also update the CFE ? If yes how can I revert to stock CFE in case I need to ?

I don't customize the CFE. The 378.50 release for the RT-AC68U will upgrade the CFE to the same one Asus upgrades to in their 376_3626 release, as this is needed for flashing newer releases from Asus. This is the only model that upgrades the CFE, and it still upgrades to an original, unmodified Asus version.

@RMerlin

What about my problem, loosing IPv6 when enabling URL filter, worked fine with 376.48_3.

Is that a bug or a feature of new IPv6 code? My router is RT-N66U, using Tunnel 6rd

EDIT: if I just enable URL filter with empty filter list it works, but when I add anything to list, IPv6 dies.

Can't reproduce the problem here. I got a 6in4 tunnel setup with URL filtering set to "facebook", and I can still access remote IPv6 hosts.

I don't customize the CFE. The 378.50 release for the RT-AC68U will upgrade the CFE to the same one Asus upgrades to in their 376_3626 release, as this is needed for flashing newer releases from Asus. This is the only model that upgrades the CFE, and it still upgrades to an original, unmodified Asus version.

So the 1.0.1.9 on my router is the stock one then. I thought the stock was 1.0.1.3 or 1.0.1.4.

Has the WPA Auto Personal bug been corrected in this release?. I have been unable to upgrade for some time as I have some legacy devices that require WPA Personal (TKIP) instead of WPA2 (AES), and the "Auto Personal" setting of recent releases actually only allows WPA2.

So the 1.0.1.9 on my router is the stock one then. I thought the stock was 1.0.1.3 or 1.0.1.4.

Each model has different versions, and also over time Asus manufactures routers with newer revisions of the CFE.

What is Signature Version for this build ? My 87U show 1.0.0.8. I do factory default few Times.

ps.
after factory default i have 1.008, but aftef few Times, when router work, signature changes to 1.016......autoupdate ???

Last edited:
What is Signature Version for this build ? My 87U show 1.0.0.8. I do factory default few Times.

ps.
after factory default i have 1.008, but aftef few Times, when router work, signature changes to 1.016......autoupdate ???

Yes, it can obtain updated signatures from Asus's servers, tho the actual process seem quirky/unreliable at this time.

I'm having speed and connection problems with 378.50. If I wanted to downgrade back to an old version like 376, what's the right process? Flash then hard reset?

Respond Ping Request from WAN no longer work after updating to 378.50.
Anyone else having this issue?

Greetings,

Like paulli, I noticed that Ping Request from WAN no longer works even if you turn the option on.

Also my webserver that is hostest on a virtual machine is no longer accessible from machines connected to the same lan network but users outside the lan can access the website as per normal. I do not know what broke it in the new update but reverting back to 374.43 ( which is my previous firmware version ) works.

So something in 378.50 is breaking my settings but I have no idea what it is.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I just turned on the "Respond to ping request from WAN" option and it works fine.
I am using 378.50 on a 68u

I can't get FTP over WAN working either, locally it works fine.

You have tested "ftp://wan-ipnumber" you can do a link with pass and user like this:
"ftp://user: pass@wan-ipnumber" or you can use a DDNS sever, "ftp://user:pass@myrouter.dyndns.org".

Do you test inside your LAN or from WAN side?

Guys, is dropbox smart sync broken on this build? keep getting an error message when authenticating

thanks

You have tested "ftp://wan-ipnumber" you can do a link with pass and user like this:
"ftp://user: pass@wan-ipnumber" or you can use a DDNS sever, "ftp://user:pass@myrouter.dyndns.org".

Do you test inside your LAN or from WAN side?

I tested inside my LAN and it works.
It is outside my LAN that is not working.
I try with my user name and password as you suggested and it still dont' work.

I tested inside my LAN and it works.
It is outside my LAN that is not working.
I try with my user name and password as you suggested and it still dont' work.
I how do you test from WAN-side and what is your ipnumber. What connection do you use?
Any vsftpd script in use?