What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry not a clue..... Is merlin latest 378.50 a newer version than asus latest? 3.0.0.4.378.4376

From the 378.50 changelog:

Code:
 - NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 378_4129 code.

Hi everyone , i have ac68u running merlins latest firmware, everything was fine but for some reason inside services stopped being accessible from outside including vpn server access to security cams , ftp so on .. Why do you think is the reason, i have dyndns service and yes i have tried accessing the aervices by manually typing the ip address.
Thank you , any help will be much appreciated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am using AC-68U router for my setup. My 2.4ghz band covarage rate and performance is bad, how can i increase tx power ?

Same with 5.0 ghz band, my macbook pro 2010 does not see the ssid but my iPhone 5 acceses

Is the ssid hidden? Does the mbp have a dual band / 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio?

Try the hggomes fork with unlocked power limits.

Is the ssid hidden? Does the mbp have a dual band / 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio?

Try the hggomes fork with unlocked power limits.

ssid is not hidden as all my other devices see the 5ghz band

i am not sure whether it is worth to use the old firmware for tx power.

can i change on the latest ?

NFS4?

I noticed some NFS4 oriented stuff in the github but I haven't found any posts pertaining to it. Perhaps I'm just not searching well. It's difficult because 3 letter words (and it seems sometimes 4 letter words) don't get along with the search function on the site. Is there now a way to mount with NFS ver 4?

I noticed some NFS4 oriented stuff in the github but I haven't found any posts pertaining to it. Perhaps I'm just not searching well. It's difficult because 3 letter words (and it seems sometimes 4 letter words) don't get along with the search function on the site. Is there now a way to mount with NFS ver 4?

Not supported. NFS4 requires a fairly large amount of userspace tools, which would be a waste of flash space in a router.

Strange thing, it seems that now the wifi ssid has been set to admin and the pass used is the one used to connect as router admin ???? No matter how many time I change it and save it it reverts back to those values.

Strange thing, it seems that now the wifi ssid has been set to admin and the pass used is the one used to connect as router admin ???? No matter how many time I change it and save it it reverts back to those values.
Hi,

What about autocomplte of user/password of your browser? :rolleyes:
Looks like it kicks in and set it for you...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

What about autocomplte of user/password of your browser? :rolleyes:
Looks like it kicks in and set it for you...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hmm, I do not use autocomplete in browser, I have keepass & keefox, and the url is completelly different for login as it has to connect via https, from the one for wireless settings. Plus, why those fields? Also this did not happen with RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.49_5 version that I had before, same browser, same keepass/keefox. Plus, all the devices that have to connect use the ssid + key that I have defined not the one appearing in the GUI now.

Best regards,

Last edited:

Turn off LastPass (or any other password manager) for the router ip address.

Yes, indeed having the same issue with the RT-N66U. It has been rock-solid through many previous Merlin firmware releases. In some cases you get server/site not found, or you get partial loaded pages with either missing images or missing css's. It can even be a site/page that loaded perfectly a couple of minutes earlier.

Two mitigating steps you can take:

1. Clear the browser cache/history (it then works for some period before you have to repeat the step.

2. Change your DNS settings on your computer/laptop, not to use the router as the default DNS server (thus for example, 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS server and then use the router as the secondary one).

I have experienced this issue with 1 Mac Air, 1 MacBook Pro, 2 Mac Minis (with a mixture of Yosemite and Mavericks and with different browsers [Safari, Firefox and Chrome] when it starts happening it happens on all browsers)
Assuming that the issue lays somewhere with dnsmasq on the router
This is on vanilla merlin release with no add-ons and pretty basic configuration. At first I thought it was an issue with the flashing and factory reset, so I re-did the whole procedure again and the results are identical.

For now I am downgrading to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.49_5 and will see if this gets addressed in one of the next versions.

BH

Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy... right now it seems like it's happening regularly to my iPhone 6 when it's connected to wifi, but hitting exact same site from my PC (wifi) will resolve the site no problem.

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug, my ac68u is forwarding my .local domain queries to my isp name server.
I have the setting "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" set to No.
My log shows this:

Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.3#53 for domain local
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.132#53 for domain local
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.132#53
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.3#53

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug, my ac68u is forwarding my .local domain queries to my isp name server.
I have the setting "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" set to No.
My log shows this:

Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.3#53 for domain local
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.132#53 for domain local
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.132#53
Mar 1 22:59:58 dnsmasq[1975]: using nameserver 192.231.203.3#53

The ".local" TLD is forwarded for technical reasons, already explained in a previous post of this thread. It's recommended to use a different TLD for home.

Hey Merlin, I'm noticing a issue when putting my AC87R into AP mode. This isn't a problem in router mode, nor did I notice this issue in your previous firmware before this one using AP mode.

Can't reproduce it here, my disk shows up correctly while in AP mode.

Some disks (especially those with unusual partition layouts, with a non-system partition, etc...) tend to cause issues on the webui.