What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've just flashed a TM-AC1900 into an RT-AC68 and I'm setting up 378.51 on it.

Quick question regarding the USB 3.0 port: I've got an USB 3.0 flash drive that I'd like to use for additional storage/Entware/etc. Are there still interference issues these days between using USB 3.0 storage and the 2.4GHz band or has that been a thing of the past with recent version firmware?

I believe that this is still an issue with the RT-AC68U/R, but not so much with the RT-AC68P. So it depends on which model you have.

Hi RMerlin, once again thanks for new version and hard work.
There is probably a bug in new firmware with OpenVPN and DNS. My configuration is old and worked fine, I have also OpenVPN from some time the same, but in new version DNS requests are not forwarded to my router.
These options are turned ON on router:
Code:
Push LAN to clients
Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic
Respond to DNS
Advertise DNS to clients
I see in OpenVPN log:
Code:
PUSH... redirect-gateway def1
etc. so it should work, but all DNS request goes to my local DNS server, not to Asus.

Any idea why I don't have a USB tools menu tab on this build while in AP mode?

Even after a reset.

Is there a reason USB Applications disappeared in Access Point mode? I was using the upstairs AC68 as a small media server and the one in my office for a printer while the actual WAN entry is down in the garage. It was working fine in 50.
I have the same setup (AC68, Access Point mode) and the same issue (No 'USB Applications' option). I was able to access the 'Media Services and Servers' page by clicking on the USB device icon on the 'Network Map' page, then 'Media Server: GO'. However, when I went to the SAMBA settings, neither the device nor the directories were listed at the bottom for sharing, though I see the directories when I telnet in. I ended up reverting to 378.50.

My Lumia Phones are connected to my rt-ac87 in power safe mode. It's normal?
Yes...this is right from MS on power savings:

When the mobile device is running on battery power, the wireless network adapter is configured to use Medium Power Saving mode. This uses the 802.11 power save mode.

I've been experiencing lockups with the latest build. Both 2.4 and 5ghz radios disappear and all connectivity to the router is lost. Wired and wireless. Can't even access it through a lan port. Trying the latest stock firmware to make sure it's not a hardware issue. I have to power cycle to get things up again.

I've been experiencing lockups with the latest build. Both 2.4 and 5ghz radios disappear and all connectivity to the router is lost. Wired and wireless. Can't even access it through a lan port. Trying the latest stock firmware to make sure it's not a hardware issue. I have to power cycle to get things up again.
This happened to me also many times on 378.51. Went back to 376.49_5 with exactly the same setup and have had no issues for a week now. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I suspect it is caused by the router running out of RAM space. But haven't had the time to look into it further.

What will happen if a client in my network non-jumbo frame supported and I set Jumbo Frame enable on 87R? I dont know if my TV Samsung have Jumbo frame supported or not...

Gửi từ SM-N910C của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

But when I enable Jumbo Frame on 87R, my TV dont download Apps from Samsung Apps. It stuck in Downloading... forever... I dissble Jumbo Frame and it download bar started completing...

This happened to me also many times on 378.51. Went back to 376.49_5 with exactly the same setup and have had no issues for a week now. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I suspect it is caused by the router running out of RAM space. But haven't had the time to look into it further.

I'm glad to know it's not just me. I may go back to that version as well.

What will happen if a client in my network non-jumbo frame supported and I set Jumbo Frame enable on 87R? I dont know if my TV Samsung have Jumbo frame supported or not...

But when I enable Jumbo Frame on 87R, my TV dont download Apps from Samsung Apps. It stuck in Downloading... forever... I dissble Jumbo Frame and it download bar started completing...

Jumbo Frame support has to be enabled for the whole network (on each and every device, router and switch and has to match the size too), otherwise the problems you see will arise.

Jumbo Frame support has to be enabled for the whole network (on each and every device, router and switch and has to match the size too), otherwise the problems you see will arise.
Can you tell me what the problems I will have? Last night, I reset my Smart Hub and apps blur in Downloading and I wont Downloaded (It still have internet connection)... I use 3G sharing and it download completed so I figured out the problem is from my network not from Samsung Apps... I do a lot of tests and when I disable Jumbo Frame -> Apps download normal... So... I should not enable Jumbo Frame....

Can you tell me what the problems I will have? Last night, I reset my Smart Hub and apps blur in Downloading and I wont Downloaded (It still have internet connection)... I use 3G sharing and it download completed so I figured out the problem is from my network not from Samsung Apps... I do a lot of tests and when I disable Jumbo Frame -> Apps download normal... So... I should not enable Jumbo Frame....

But when I enable Jumbo Frame on 87R, my TV dont download Apps from Samsung Apps. It stuck in Downloading... forever
Seems like you have answered your own question multiple times. @L&LD answered it too.

Seems like you have answered your own question multiple times. @L&LD answered it too.
I dont know what i am thinking is right or wrong. Just need a confirmation... So if just 1 clients not support jumbo frame and that clients have network problems like mine? Right?

I dont know what i am thinking is right or wrong. Just need a confirmation... So if just 1 clients not support jumbo frame and that clients have network problems like mine? Right?

Dude give it up. That user posts in waves, usually with one or two questions. The problem with this user's behavior is that he continues to ask the same questions over & over even after receiving numerous responses with answers to his original queries. He has been repeatedly asked to refrain from such behavior however so far this user has demonstrated the inability to comply with reasonable and polite requests.

Dude give it up. That user posts in waves, usually with one or two questions. The problem with this user's behavior is that he continues to ask the same questions over & over even after receiving numerous responses with answers to his original queries. He has been repeatedly asked to refrain from such behavior however so far this user has demonstrated the inability to comply with reasonable and polite requests.

Where did you find/download 3.0.0.4.378.52-Alpha2 at?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!