What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 beta 2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer my own question, the OpenVPN certs were deleted from the jffs after a factory reset. Does not matter to me why as I was just testing the router operation.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 Beta 2 is now available for all supported models.

See this thread for the details on Beta 1: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-55-beta-is-now-available.25601/unread

Changes since Beta 1:
- CHANGED: Display existing key/certs on the OpenVPN pages once
they've been migrated to JFFS.
I notice that on my RT-AC68U my self-generated OpenVPN static key is not displayed, but the rest of them are. Is that the expected behavior?
--
bc

Are there any changes to the USB printer share feature between beta 1 and this beta2?
Not a single line of code was changed.
I confirm that in this and in previous build, printer does not work. I had Laserjet 6P connected to the router via USB->LPT cable for years, and it worked perfectly. In this build, print job sits in the queue and then says "error", never sent to the router. I downgraded to 378.54_2 and it worked; re-upgraded to 55.1 and to 55.2, and it did not work; downgraded to 378.54_2, and it did. The router is RT-AC68R.

...by the way, it looks like some lines of code did change. In 54.2, clicking "enable monopoly mode" shows progress percentages, but then the page stays the same, i.e. index.asp. In 55, the click navigates to the new page printer.asp with just printer model and status on it, and nothing else.

Somewhere from yesterday to today I lost 5GHz (it is at 3 days 1 hour now), no led either, just stopped on its own, looking very promising otherwise, my PS4 lag test is at an all time low with this firmware:).
RT-AC87R
Had to reboot the router in the GUI. I will have to reboot this every night, no biggie. (Thanks to
Davemishsr for giving me great instructions.)
Thank You!!

Last edited:
I have to commend MErlin about this new build. It made everything better than before. I am sorry to say that the RT-AC3200 WPS service still does not work.

I notice that on my RT-AC68U my self-generated OpenVPN static key is not displayed, but the rest of them are. Is that the expected behavior?
--
bc

I'll double check, I might have forgotten one field. Client or server? 1 or 2?

...by the way, it looks like some lines of code did change. In 54.2, clicking "enable monopoly mode" shows progress percentages, but then the page stays the same, i.e. index.asp. In 55, the click navigates to the new page printer.asp with just printer model and status on it, and nothing else.

He was asking between Beta 1 and Beta 2. There was no code change related to printer support between the two betas.

I have updated my RT-AC68U to beta 378.55_beta 2 form 378.54_2,and done the Factory default restore. After then, I restored setting (backup from 378.54_2),and set the 5G's wireless scheduler and applied, it worked ok, but I lost all the time scheduler settings after rebooted the router. Does anybody meet this or is it a common problem?
RT-AC68U的新用户,英文不怎么好,见谅。

Somewhere from yesterday to today I lost 5GHz (it is at 3 days 1 hour now), no led either, just stopped on its own, looking very promising otherwise, my PS4 lag test is at an all time low with this firmware:).
RT-AC87R
Had to reboot the router in the GUI. I will have to reboot this every night, no biggie. (Thanks to
Davemishsr for giving me great instructions.)
Thank You!!
Thank Merlin. I basically copied and pasted his post and created a text file so I could just copy and paste into PuTTy.

After updating to the beta 1 and yesterday beta 2, my PSP and iPhone 4 won't connect to the WiFi. The iPhone 4 gives the HTML message "Success" and then it disconnects itself automatically. The PSP just doesn't want to connect.

Anyway, the printer is not working now. What to try?

Sadly, my only recommendation is to get a wifi-enabled printer. Printer sharing was never really reliable, in part due to many printers being designed only for Windows usage (versus the router being Linux-based). I have no way of testing this, compatibility vary between printer models, and the last time I applied a fix to an actual bug, it broke it for some other users. So I give up on this - not worth the time and effort to troubleshoot.

After updating to the beta 1 and yesterday beta 2, my PSP and iPhone 4 won't connect to the WiFi. The iPhone 4 gives the HTML message "Success" and then it disconnects itself automatically. The PSP just doesn't want to connect.

Without knowing what router model you have, nobody can help you with that.

Hi,
Did you do an factory reset after installing firmware 378.55 Beta 2?
No, but I manually rebooted the router.

OK this is strange. Both the iPhone 4 and the PSP successfully connected to the network just now. My iPhone 5 and iPad Air 2 had no problems connecting to the network when the iPhone 4 and PSP had problems. Hopefully they'll stay connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!