What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 beta 2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone having an issue with this causing PC's to wake up with no reason ?

Not sure if it is this or the BIOS I put on around the same time.

Both my AC68's are running this.
Are you using teamviewer? There seems to be a bug with TV that causes the machines to wake up often.

EDIT - The bug fixed in the latest TV update.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at those in the past--a while ago, I must admit--IIRC, they have certain requirements, or can they work with any USB printer?
Usually they'll work with pretty much any USB printer.

I worked with a couple of those over the years (in past work environment) and never had compatibility issues. At home I bought a cheap Monoprice one, and while it did require a bit more work to set up (I don't remember what took so long, it's been a couple of years) it works fine. For 15$ or so it's hard to complain :)

Sadly, my only recommendation is to get a wifi-enabled printer. Printer sharing was never really reliable, in part due to many printers being designed only for Windows usage (versus the router being Linux-based). I have no way of testing this, compatibility vary between printer models, and the last time I applied a fix to an actual bug, it broke it for some other users. So I give up on this - not worth the time and effort to troubleshoot.

Resolved the problem by replacing the cable for this one: "Sabrent 6' USB 2.0 to 36-Pin Centronics Printer Converter Cable #SBT-UPPC". It should be noted that the previous one, which worked OK with RT-N66U but not with AC-68, was from Belkin.

==============
Update - no, spoke too soon. Spent 2 hours, but still did not figure out when it works and when it does not. After factory reset it does not work. Specified LAN device name - works. Enabled QoS - does not work. Installed entware - works, but until next modem restart, then does not. Whenever it works, it works 100% every time. Whenever it does not, it works never, the file is sitting in printer's queue (windows 7) and does not go away, then after some time shows error.

RT-N66U works always.

Last edited:
RMerlin,
are you planning to do a Netgear R7500 version of Asuswrt-Merlin ? I am sure many people will be pleased of such release, since for now there is no development undergoing for this router despite it's great hardware capabilities.

Bw,
Peter

RMerlin,
are you planning to do a Netgear R7500 version of Asuswrt-Merlin ? I am sure many people will be pleased of such release, since for now there is no development undergoing for this router despite it's great hardware capabilities.

Bw,
Peter

I don't support Netgear routers. A lot of the features of Asuswrt-Merlin are proprietary and licensed for exclusive use with Asus hardware.

People looking for a third party firmware for their Netgear router should take a look at Tomato or DD-WRT.

And why are we discussing this in a months-old beta thread anyway... Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.