What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop that. There's no need to start blaiming anyone for asking a question. If you know the question has been answered before, please be free to say so and tell the answer. If not, you or anyone else is obligated to say or answer anything.

Hi Merlin, I reset the firmware to the default values, after the troubles I've encountered and then I manually filled up all the values. Unfortunately in the Adaptive QOS page I am not able to assign the priority as the previous firmware releases. In this case if I try to drag the priority button, all the text is enlightened and I can't able to move the button. Has anyone encountered the same problem as well?

Thanks in advance

Yes.

I always use IE11 to access the router since it is easier to automate my actions ... auto logon, setting options etc..

I resorted to briefly using Firefox to drag the HIGHEST category to a coupe of laptops, then flicked back and forth between IE11 and Firefox until I got everything tagged as I wanted.
Tedious, but I was only testing Adaptive QOS so I doubt I will need to do this frequently.

So, I think you are saying that there is no definitive guide?

Check the first page of the Forums (sticky'd topic) called "Asuswrt-Merlin - custom firmware for Asus routers"
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-for-asus-routers.7846/

In the second post is a link to the VERY informative Wiki. On the Wiki, item #8 talks about installation.

Also, you may want to check out in the sticky'd post about the NVRAM backup/restore tool (useful if you don't want to re-enter all the settings after a reset to factory defaults).

Is anyone else getting an overheating issue with this new update?

Legend: 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz - CPU
Current Temperatures: 46 °C - 67 °C - 82 °C

Yes, I'm having noticeable higher temperatures after installing this version. I reverted to the official firmware and temperature is lower. After one day I installed again this RMerlin version and temperature goes high again.

Not sure about the cause... I think something configured differently in this firmware.

Yes, I'm having noticeable higher temperatures after installing this version. I reverted to the official firmware and temperature is lower. After one day I installed again this RMerlin version and temperature goes high again.

Not sure about the cause... I think something configured differently in this firmware.

I've finally installed the update today and after a couple of hours of usage with some VPN'ing, the temperatures are:

Legend: 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz - CPU
Current Temperatures: 41 °C - 55 °C - 62 °C

it's summer here, but I got a cooling pad with two fans below the router. as far as I can tell the temperatures are the same as with 54_2. In winter/spring the 2.4GHz temp was almost consistently 38°C and the 5GHz one was around 52°C I think.

So at least at the moment I think this firmware does not necessarily mess with the temperatures. I've got the DPI engine switched on, OVPN on, QoS on, a NAS plugged in... so the CPUs have at least *something* to do. Oh and it's even overclocked to 1.2GHz.

my troubleshooting advice would be the following:

1. check whether you're in the northern hemisphere - and if yes:
2. if you can find them (this can be difficult) check the retrospective weather reports for your location for the last week and see if a sudden increase of outdoor temperature did in fact coincide with the release of this latest Merlin firmware or with you flashing it onto the router

Hi Merlin, I reset the firmware to the default values, after the troubles I've encountered and then I manually filled up all the values. Unfortunately in the Adaptive QOS page I am not able to assign the priority as the previous firmware releases. In this case if I try to drag the priority button, all the text is enlightened and I can't able to move the button. Has anyone encountered the same problem as well?

Thanks in advance

It was broken by Asus in 6117. I fixed it, but when I backported another of their fixes from 6975, it re-introduced the bug.

cannot locate latest firmware 378.55 - non-beta in the RT-68ru folder

It's definitely there, as the 5485 downloads indicate.

Is AIProtection available to the rt-n66? I don't have a link like the one on the Asus demo router webpage. I tried using the url "ROUTER IP"/AiProtection_HomeProtection.asp, but the page cannot be found

It's definitely there, as the 5485 downloads indicate.
This is strange. I hope I'm not missing something here, the AC-68U folder shows 26 files and 2 folders. I downloaded "RMerlin-RT-AC68U-20150724-11ba.zip" from your file page and there is the one 378.55 beta1 .trx file. The "RT-AC68U folder within the zip file contains only one beta folder. I use WinRAR. Sorry to bug you with this but I've never had an issue before. Thanks much!

Is AIProtection available to the rt-n66? I don't have a link like the one on the Asus demo router webpage. I tried using the url "ROUTER IP"/AiProtection_HomeProtection.asp, but the page cannot be found

No, only on ARM-based routers.

This is strange. I hope I'm not missing something here, the AC-68U folder shows 26 files and 2 folders. I downloaded "RMerlin-RT-AC68U-20150724-11ba.zip" from your file page and there is the one 378.55 beta1 .trx file. The "RT-AC68U folder within the zip file contains only one beta folder. I use WinRAR. Sorry to bug you with this but I've never had an issue before. Thanks much!

Don't download the whole folder, just click on the single file you need.

gzD6YwQ.png

Merlin: does add blocking still exist in this firmware if I run the commands you gave in the past? If so remind me of the command. Thanks!

@RMerlin
I can't execute scripts with firmware v378.55, is something changed?
Code:
echo $0
-sh
If I change to /bin/sh it's ok but temporary, won't survive reboot and I can't put exec /bin/sh in /jffs/scripts/init-start because will not be executed
Code:
exec /bin/sh
echo $0
/bin/sh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!