What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wireless code is now closed source, which means I need new GPL releases from Asus for every single router model. So far I only have these for the AC3200 (and indirectly for the AC87), so I can't even compile the firmware for the other models at this time.
Hi RMerlin,

Is the wireless code Asus's code or one of the vendor's? Do you see this as a direction to limit or discourage innovative projects like yours? I'm just curious as to how this will affect the project overall.

Brian

Is the wireless code Asus's code or one of the vendor's? Do you see this as a direction to limit or discourage innovative projects like yours? I'm just curious as to how this will affect the project overall.

This is Asus's code, and they are now forced to close it because of new FCC requirements. Manufacturers are now required to take steps to prevent third party modifications that would allow a router to run outside of the FCC approved specifications (such as increased output power beyond legal restrictions, or operating on a channel not allowed in your country).

This is being discussed in the following thread.

[OT] RMerlin, are you sure this is related? Is not FCC rule just at the proposal/consultation step? [/OT]

[OT] RMerlin, are you sure this is related? Is not FCC rule just at the proposal/consultation step? [/OT]

The proposal/consultation is concerning additional changes. There's been some new rules in place since well over a year already, with these becoming active this summer (for new devices), and becoming mandatory for any marketed device starting in June 2016. Asus warned me last year about their incoming code lockdown.

Strange behavior....

In wensday my router lost ppoe connection. I go to the webpage and see disconnected (no ip adress etc.), but today i watch log but not see this event. All wensday in log is ok, no disconnection.
i talk with my isp and he says that not disconnection in wensday, but i saw disconnected in router webif, internet not work etc.
what is going on ?

This thread about the 378_55 has grown unmanageable by its length, and way off topic as it's become a generic support question thread. I'll be closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!